IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - can someone answer this question for me  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

can someone answer this question for me

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

One example:24:31  And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands, or fathers or husbands' fathers, or their sons or their husbands' sons, or their brothers or their brothers' sons or
sisters' sons, or their women, or their slaves, or male attendants who lack vigour, or children who know naught of women's nakedness.

Greetings Caringheart,

Would you please explain what you were trying to understand in this verse, which you cannot grasp? You have referenced this as an example of some confusions you have about Islam. So, would you point out your confusion?

thank you.

Greetings Nausheen,

I gave this as an example of how complicated I feel that Islam makes life, since I am trying to understand what is meant by the claim to the 'simplicity of Islam'.
I can only see how complicated this surah would make my life.
I can not imagine having to be concerned with so much little details within the walls of my own home... to always have to worry about who was coming or going, and whether or not I was perfectly covered, and heaven help me if someone happen to be there unannounced and I walk into a room unacceptably.  I just don't see how Islam makes life simple, that is all.  This surah is one example.  I find it so complicated to have to always be thinking about exactly which relatives are allowed to be in the room with me and which are not.  I found it mind boggling just to read and try to sort it out.

Salaam,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2013 at 8:49am
Islam is simpler than Christianity, because it has a set of very clear rules. Follow the rules and you are a good Muslim. It's also simple to love friends and hate enemies. It's natural.

Christianity is about understanding Jesus's life and applying it to our own lives. There are a lot of interpretations. Christianity is about becoming a good person with a good heart. There isn't a clear set of rules how this can be achieved. Christians are supposed to love their enemies. That's quite a challenge. Christians love all humans including unbelievers. Christians reject sins but never the sinner. Jesus excluded no one. He did not condemn people. All he said was: go, and sin no more. The trinity is also very hard to understand. Islam doesn't have such complicated concepts.

Edited by Matt Browne - 10 March 2013 at 8:55am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic