IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - can someone answer this question for me  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

can someone answer this question for me

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can someone answer this question for me
    Posted: 22 January 2013 at 7:06pm
How is islam simple?

This is a point of confusion for me. Can someone please tell me;
What is simple about Islam?

Thank you.
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2013 at 3:41am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

How is islam simple?

This is a point of confusion for me. Can someone please tell me;
What is simple about Islam?

Thank you.

What is complicated about Islam?

Edited by Rational - 23 January 2013 at 3:45am
الله
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2013 at 1:56pm
Greetings Rational,

Thank you for taking the time to answer.  I can give a few examples, but what I really want to know is what do muslims mean when they refer to the simplicity of Islam.  What exactly does this mean?  Thanks, CH

One example:
24:31  And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands or fathers or husbands' fathers, or their sons or their husbands' sons, or their brothers or their brothers' sons or sisters' sons, or their women, or their slaves, or male attendants who lack vigour, or children who know naught of women's nakedness.

Others that come to mind:
use the left hand when going to the bathroom
but eat with your right
Now tell me, what if you are born left-handed, yet God who created you this way insists that you must eat with your right hand?
You do realize that left-handedness, and right handedness, is an inclination you are born with, as it is determined upon which side of the brain is more dominant?

Washing rituals must be done in a precise order?

Edited by Caringheart - 23 January 2013 at 2:05pm
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 7:38am
as far as regarding the verse 24:31 is concerned,in Islam there is answer to every question,for example if two girls are walking on the road one is dressed according to teachings of Islam and one is dressed in a western fashion,and we know today that there are increased number of cases of molestations,so there are a less chances for any girl who is dressed islamicly.similarly if everybody pay zakah(2.5% if your savings exceed 85gms of gold) regularly then there will b no poverty,similarly if we follow this verse Surah Al Maidah ch 5 v 90(alcohol,pork is forbidden),then we will b free from many diseases.yes,it is very difficult to be 100% Islamic,but Allah has given free will to human beings,he want to see that who will lead his/her life according to his teachings and based on that he will give the result on judgement day.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 10:34am
As Salamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah

Allah swt, says in the holy Qur'an that , " Allah swt wishes to make things easy for you, not to make things difficult for you", Also does the holy Quran says , " -- and We did not place difficulty in the religion".

Islam is very simple, in the sense that it is not complicated to understand. Also are its laws easy to be followed, as they are according to our fitrah { inner nature}, so do they appeal us. Nothing is unnatural. It is a easy religion to be practised.We need to commit ourselves and our level of commitment will be tested by Allah swt. All those examples you listed get easy with the level of your commitment to practice

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 11:43am
Greetings seekshidayath,
Thank you for your answers.  I still have questions. 
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

As Salamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah

Allah swt, says in the holy Qur'an that , " Allah swt wishes to make things easy for you, not to make things difficult for you", Also does the holy Quran says , " -- and We did not place difficulty in the religion".

But is this a true statement?

Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Also are its laws easy to be followed, as they are according to our fitrah { inner nature}, so do they appeal us. Nothing is unnatural.

How is this true for a person born with a left hand inclination that is then told to eat with his right hand?

Salaam,
Caringheart

Is there a specific meaning intended when it is said, 'the simplicity of Islam'?

Edited by Caringheart - 24 January 2013 at 11:44am
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 10:14pm
Bismillah

�Allah wishes to make things easy for you and not to make things difficult for you.� (Quran 2:185)

We did not place difficulty in religion - Quran : 22:78

Those two ayaat of holy Qur'an clearly teach us that Allah swt does n't burden us. It is an easy religion to be followed

Now coming to your next question - eating with left hand - Sis, acts of eating or any good work are to be done with right hand and those acts like cleaning and washing are done with left. Now, as you said you are a leftie, so sis, these acts are not obligatory. One who does n't eat with right intentionally, is not punished by Allah swt. These are sunnahs, which when followed are rewarded. But if one deliberately rejects sunnahs is a sinner. What matters is intention. When your intention is not to reject sunnah, or not to disobey Prophet {sallal lahu alayhi wasallam}, then you are not wrong.

But if you patiently train out yourselves to use your right hand, with the intention that you wish to obey Prophet, follow his sunnah, then surely you will be rewarded more than a right hand person.

Is n't Islam simple, sis :)

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
aka2x2 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2013 at 9:45am
Islam starts with:
There is no god except the one God, and Mohammad is his Prophet...
Everything after that is details. Some people choose to get bogged down with the details and some don't.
Respectfully
aka2x2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic