IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Apostle Paul  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Apostle Paul

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apostle Paul
    Posted: 21 January 2013 at 3:05pm
I am interested to know about the muslim objection to Paul, as I can't see where Paul ever taught anything that ought to be objectionable to muslim teaching.  Those who speak against Paul, I ask, how well they know Paul and what he taught.  Have they read what he has written?

Rational wrote:
Jesus taught that God is ONE, Pauline theology pioneered the Trinity
Jesus taught OT law, Paul negated it
Jesus taught accountability, Paul taught justification of faith
Jesus taught he was son of man, Paul taught Jesus was son of God
Jesus said pray to God, Paul said pray to Jesus
Jesus taught he was an ethnic prophet not sent but for the lost sheep of israel, Paul taught that Jesus was a universal prophet

These sound like things that have been heard said, but has anyone ever investigated by reading the writing of Paul, and reading the words of Jesus?

- Can anyone show me where it is Paul, and Paul alone, who puts forth the trinity doctrine, and where he ever says that God is not one... be sure to read and compare with what Jesus said of Himself.
- Can anyone show me where Paul negates the old testament law
- Paul does not remove accountability.  Can anyone show where they think he does
- Where does Paul say pray to Jesus?
- Paul did not teach anything Jesus did not say.  When Jesus first sent out the apostles, while they were still new, and while He was still with them... He first sent them out by two's, to the lost sheep of Israel, but

14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Salaam,
CH

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2015 at 7:10pm
I wonder how many muslims realize, or know, that Paul was from Tarsus in Turkey.
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2015 at 8:53am
Hi Caringheart, from the very little that I still remember from my Bible study days, I read somewhere in the 4 canonical books that Jesus came to the lost sheep of Israel. Isn't it? However, from the Pauline doctrine we see a sudden shift in the audience when it is said '...Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.'. This is not to say that Jesus wasn't sympathetic to the gentiles, but that his actual mission was specifically only to the Jews. Probably, this was one of the single most bone of contention between the disciples of Jesus and the so called, apostle Paul. So, how did Paul succeed in pursuing so many gentiles, one can well imagine how the strict Jewish 'Uniterain' concept of God got transformed into the Tri-Uni-ism of Christianity, to attract the populace.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2015 at 4:19pm
Greetings AhmadJoyia,
It was Yshwe(known as Jesus) Himself, that said 'go and teach my Word to all the world, baptizing in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit'.  It is recorded in the book of Matthew, chapter 28, and also in the book of Mark, chapter 16.
asalaam and blessings,
Caringheart
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2015 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Greetings AhmadJoyia,It was Yshwe(known as Jesus) Himself, that said 'go and teach my Word to all the world, baptizing in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit'.� It is recorded in the book of Matthew, chapter 28, and also in the book of Mark, chapter 16.asalaam and blessings,Caringheart

Since Jesus was a born Jew, one can simply imply that he meant to 'Baptize all the Jews' of the world. Otherwise his own statement is false when he said that he came for the lost sheep of the Israel. Isn't it?
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2015 at 8:57pm
Greetings AhmadJoyia,
Yshwe said,
'I was sent to the lost sheep of Israel'.
In other words, His time on earth was in ministry to the people of Israel... to the Hebrews who would already be familiar with the Word of God, and thus be teachable.
His instruction to His Disciples after Him, was to go and baptize all people, and teach them about Himself... to spread the Word of God.  The non-Jews were able to accept hearing about Yshwe, especially since the Romans were witnesses also to His life on earth.
... but first Yshwe needed to teach the people that already believed in the one true God.  He first needed their acceptance and their Discipleship.
asalaam and blessings,
Caringheart

Blessed be God forever
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2015 at 11:48am
Greetings AhmadJoyia,

I present to you
Matthew 4:16
12 Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, he departed into Galilee;

13 And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim:

15 The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles;

16 The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.

coming from, and the fulfillment of the prophesy of Isaiah 42:
 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

5 Thus saith God the Lord, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

8 I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

Edited by Caringheart - 16 December 2015 at 11:53am
Blessed be God forever
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2015 at 12:41pm

12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying,

I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. 

(as recorded in the book of John, chapter 8)

Edited by Caringheart - 16 December 2015 at 12:42pm
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic