IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Apostle Paul  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Apostle Paul

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apostle Paul
    Posted: 11 May 2016 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

Greetings Caringheart,
I understand where this is problematic,not at all you see this entire book the so called New testament is 90% written by Paul the self made Apostle.Jesus did not see this New Testament nor did he read it nor did he preach it.God did not write it nor did he inspire it and that says it all.Read the red letter Bible and you will see the words of Jesus in probably 2% of the New testament.The rest is in black. Paul the imposter used the teaching of laws of Moses and nailed the laws to the cross.Most of your new testament books are anonymous books.Apocrypha.

[Quote]Paul was a learned man, and he used his wit, his intelligence, his education, and his learning to win the people to Christ.Quoted He knew the people needed a leader and he stepped in with his guile and did the job.To believe someone to be an apostle who never saw Jesus and then claim apostle hood  is horrendous.This Jew saw the opportunity to make money out of the Christians and he went for it.Look at America today totally run by Jews so much so that they gave you a Jewish God and a Jewish child with a Jewish book to follow.

Greetings Ismail,

As I said, unless you actually read, and know the whole history of Paul, of what Yshwe taught, and of what Paul taught....

There is no deception in Paul.... he does not seek to deceive.  He does not lead people away from God.
Paul leads to Yshwe, and thus to God, the Creator... the One true Father of all creation.

Paul does not preach anything that Yshwe Himself did not preach.

Deceit would have led away from Christ, and Paul only leads to Christ.

(I'm putting in a note here that that is exactly what Muhammad did... lead people away from Christ, denied them the message of Christ... 'and allah is the greatest deceiver... the best of schemers'  (from the qur'an))

When considering Paul, one must examine whether or not one believes in the vision of Christ' appearance to Paul...
- there were witnesses to the fact that he was blinded
- there were witnesses to the fact that he did not regain his sight until Ananais visited
- there were witnesses to the great conversion of Paul; he went from following orders to murder 'the Christians', to leading people to follow them
Paul may have been 'a murderer (at) the beginning', but he did not remain a murder... he was changed, and he carried the thorn of his prior doings in his side, for the rest of his life.
- Paul was always subject to the judgement of the earlier Apostles, he did nothing of his own accord, but only that which received the approval of Christ's first Disciples;  read Galatians 2:9

If you believe in Christ' appearance to Paul, then you also may believe that Paul had the guidance of Christ in ministry.

Paul followed the example of Christ, who Himself entered under the rooves of deemed sinners, to share repast with them, even while the Jewish priest tried to entrap and condemn Him for it.
Christ Himself joined with the people in order to reach them.
It was His example which Paul followed.

What is it that you think Paul gained in leading people to Christianity?  He put his life on the line to do it, and lived most of his life as a fugitive and/or imprisoned because of it.

If you want to understand Paul you should read his second letter to Timothy, chapter 1.  (2 Timothy 1)

The beautiful, powerful, words of Paul:
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

asalaam and blessings to you,
Caringheart

Note:  I think it is sad to see that someone is still filling you with feelings of hate towards the Jews.  I had hoped you'd had time to progress in a positive direction in your absence.  God's peace and blessings to you.

Edited by Caringheart - 11 May 2016 at 6:15pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 10:17pm
Greetings Caringheart,
I understand where this is problematic,not at all you see this entire book the so called New testament is 90% written by Paul the self made Apostle.Jesus did not see this New Testament nor did he read it nor did he preach it.God did not write it nor did he inspire it and that says it all.Read the red letter Bible and you will see the words of Jesus in probably 2% of the New testament.The rest is in black. Paul the imposter used the teaching of laws of Moses and nailed the laws to the cross.Most of your new testament books are anonymous books.Apocrypha.

[Quote]Paul was a learned man, and he used his wit, his intelligence, his education, and his learning to win the people to Christ.Quoted He knew the people needed a leader and he stepped in with his guile and did the job.To believe someone to be an apostle who never saw Jesus and then claim apostle hood  is horrendous.This Jew saw the opportunity to make money out of the Christians and he went for it.Look at America today totally run by Jews so much so that they gave you a Jewish God and a Jewish child with a Jewish book to follow.

Greetings
IEC.

whirlingmerc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whirlingmerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 7:42pm
Unfortunately there are allot of superficial objections to Paul that are more like attacks on a caracature of Paul than an examination of the real thing
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2016 at 11:42am
Greetings Ismail,

I hope that you have been well.

I understand where this is problematic, because the old testament scriptures (Hebrew) are clearly in condemnation of the use of guile.

When we consult the Greek meaning(new testament, Pauls words)... 'bait', or 'subtlety', we have to consider what was Paul really saying.... and yes, why would he say that he used 'guile' which God clearly condemns in the early scriptures, to praise his own behavior?

In context it seems he was only meaning to say that he did not seek to place burdens(of laws) on anyone but instead gently brought them to see the Truth of what Yshwe came to teach.  He (like Yshwe Himself) used gentle methods and means of reaching the people, and sharing the Wisdom of God with them.

I realize that anyone could choose any number of ways to define Paul's meaning...
but when you take the scriptures as a whole...
when you know the whole life of Paul,
then you see the whole picture... the true picture.

Paul was a learned man, and he used his wit, his intelligence, his education, and his learning to win the people to Christ.  I believe it was for just such as this, that Yshwe (known as Jesus) selected Paul to be His Disciple.

For those who reject Paul, I have to say that it is because they do not know the life of Paul.
A person does not give up a life of such great position... in favor of persecution... easily or lightly.

asalaam and blessings,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 25 April 2016 at 12:51pm
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2016 at 5:37am
carringheart i did your work for you.Guile means lies Paul was a lire 

Bibliography Information

"Entry for 'Guile'". A King James Dictionary.

GUILE

gil (mirmah; dolos):

"Guile" is twice the translation of mirmah, "fraud," "deceit" (Psalms 34:13, "Keep .... thy lips from speaking guile"; Psalms 55:11, "deceit and guile," the Revised Version (British and American) "oppression (margin "fraud") and guile"); once of `ormah, "craftiness," "guile" (Exodus 21:14); once of remiyah, "deception," "fraud" (Psalms 32:2, "in whose spirit there is no guile"); in the New Testament of dolos, "bait," hence, generally, "fraud," "guile," "deceit"; Septuagint for mirmah (Isaiah 53:9, English Versions of the Bible "deceit") and for remiyah (Job 13:7, English Versions of the Bible "deceitfully"; John 1:47; 2 Corinthians 12:16, "Being crafty, I caught you with guile"; 1 Thessalonians 2:3; 1 Peter 2:1; 2:22; 3:10, quoted from Psalms 34:13; Revelation 14:5, "In their mouth was found no guile," the Revised Version (British and American) after corrected text, "no lie").

Paul's words in 2 Corinthians 12:16 have sometimes been quoted in justification of "guile" in religious work, etc.; but he is not describing his actual procedure; but that which the Corinthians might have attributed to him; the lips of the Christian must be kept free from all guile (Psalms 34:13; 1 Peter 2:1, etc.; The Wisdom of Solomon 1:5 "A holy spirit of discipline will flee deceit" (dolos), the Revised Version (British and American) "A holy spirit"). "Guile" does not appear in Apocrypha; dolos is frequently rendered "deceit."

The Revised Version (British and American) has "guile" for "subtilty" (Genesis 27:35; Acts 13:10); "cover itself with guile" for "is covered by deceit" (Proverbs 26:26); "with guile" for "deceitfully" (Genesis 34:13); "spiritual milk which is without guile" for "sincere milk of the word," the English Revised Version, margin "reasonable," the American Revised Version, margin, Greek "belonging to the reason" (compare Romans 12:1; 1 Peter 2:2); "guileless" for "harmless" (Hebrews 7:26).

W. L. Walker

Edited by iec786 - 09 April 2016 at 5:39am
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2016 at 9:20am
Originally posted by airmano airmano wrote:

Quote Ahmad:
In the same argument, why the aid of 'Holy Spirit' not sorted but waited for humans to call the council of Nicea to determine the 'Christ's nature'?
Well, I guess for the same reasons which kept Allah in a waiting lane for a whopping 1300 years with the unfulfilled intention to (allegedly) finally explain the meaning of Qur'an, 51:47 (by Hubble).
I'd wish I could be that patient: Airmano
You guess work is all messed up. The two are doctrinically different, where the Muslims understanding about the Quran, specifically 51:47 is not claimed to be divinely inspired by intellectually understood.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2016 at 5:01pm
Greetings AhmadJoyia,
I thought I had answered.  I found this in my files.
for islamicity, interfaith, Paul
Greetings AhmadJoyia,
Discipleship hasn't ended.  If it had, there would be no church.
We are all called to be Disciples of God.  We who believe in Yshwe are all disciples of God.  The Holy Spirit speaks to us when we seek Him with all our heart... but for the Holy Spirit to speak to us, we must know His Word.  God speaks to us through the Word.
Everyone who calls himself Christian is called to be a Disciple... to share the good news of Christ.
Just as muslims are called to do da'wah.
About the canonization of scripture I posted a helpful reply on the thread, islamicity,interfaith, the original sin.

asalaam and blessings to you,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 01 February 2016 at 5:01pm
Blessed be God forever
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2016 at 11:39am
Quote Ahmad:
In the same argument, why the aid of 'Holy Spirit' not sorted but waited for humans to call the council of Nicea to determine the 'Christ's nature'?
Well, I guess for the same reasons which kept Allah in a waiting lane for a whopping 1300 years with the unfulfilled intention to (allegedly) finally explain the meaning of Qur'an, 51:47 (by Hubble).

I'd wish I could be that patient: Airmano

Edited by airmano - 01 February 2016 at 12:26pm
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic