IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ALL Christians will go to HELL  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ALL Christians will go to HELL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 22>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2013 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Idil Idil wrote:

Asalamu Calykum all,

Was this thread really necessary? I am really ashamed on how some Muslims within our community can act in such a despicable way. I am sure our beloved prophet was never condemning nor saying to people of other faiths that they would go to hell. Instead our beloved prophet was worried about them and for their guidance. It is time that we followed this practice. Only ALLAH knows who will enter hell and who will not and the judgement is truly His. Lets me compassionate towards each other and pray for each other guidance.

Thank you Idil,

I am also certain that a similar thread with reference to muslims and muslim belief, would never have been allowed, and even if it were, would it have received the same patient replies?

"Only ALLAH knows who will enter hell and who will not and the judgement is truly His. Lets me compassionate towards each other and pray for each other guidance." Thumbs%20Up

Salaam,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Idil View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Idil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2013 at 2:32pm
Asalamu Calykum all,

Was this thread really necessary? I am really ashamed on how some Muslims within our community can act in such a despicable way. I am sure our beloved prophet was never condemning nor saying to people of other faiths that they would go to hell. Instead our beloved prophet was worried about them and for their guidance. It is time that we followed this practice. Only ALLAH knows who will enter hell and who will not and the judgement is truly His. Lets me compassionate towards each other and pray for each other guidance.
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2013 at 6:48am
Originally posted by Empiricist Empiricist wrote:

Jesus was unique in that he was God's special creation to be the perfect human

Do you worship Jesus, the creation of God?

الله
Empiricist View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Empiricist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2013 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

It is difficult to understand what this verse is saying.  The translation seems incorrect.  The english grammer is not correct and confuses the meaning.  What does or the torment be brought to them face to face? mean? 
What is the passage trying to say? 

Ok Mr. Empiricist fair enough. It's saying that the disbelievers would only believe when the punishment like that of Prophet Nuh's flood, the baked clay (sijjil) of Prophet Lut, earthquakes of Aad and Thamud etc. Try this translation

Sahih International

And nothing has prevented the people from believing when guidance came to them and from asking forgiveness of their Lord except that there [must] befall them the [accustomed] precedent of the former peoples or that the punishment should come [directly] before them.

So I will believe in Muhammed if there is a flood or something?  Some kind of severe punishment that could even kill me?  I suppose I might say anthing to save my skin in such a situation.  But this is not true belief.  One does not believe in something by force.  One only needs to look at what Jesus did. 

Edited by Empiricist - 24 February 2013 at 11:19pm
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Empiricist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2013 at 11:12pm

Abu Loren wrote:  Good quotations from the Bible, but it just re-inforces that Jesus (Alayhi Salaam) was the Prophet and Messiah of God.

What does it mean to be Messiah of God?  Is that not unique and holy?  Are not the words of Jesus accurate in the Bible? 
Jesus was unique in that he was God's special creation to be the perfect human.  Do we not want to heed the words of Jesus?  All of them, not just what we like?
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2013 at 9:07am

It is difficult to understand what this verse is saying.  The translation seems incorrect.  The english grammer is not correct and confuses the meaning.  What does or the torment be brought to them face to face? mean? 

Ok Mr. Empiricist fair enough. It's saying that the disbelievers would only believe when the punishment like that of Prophet Nuh's flood, the baked clay (sijjil) of Prophet Lut, earthquakes of Aad and Thamud etc. Try this translation

Sahih International

And nothing has prevented the people from believing when guidance came to them and from asking forgiveness of their Lord except that there [must] befall them the [accustomed] precedent of the former peoples or that the punishment should come [directly] before them.

Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Empiricist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2013 at 12:38am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

You are correct- but you cannot comprehend it.  Jesus is a human being, as we all are.  We also have spirits, like Jesus.  Where does our spirit come from?  God.  But JESUS' spirit was GOD.  I guess this is why he is called Son of God.  You only try to find fault, some way to say it cannot be true.  Some little detail.  This is legalism.  You are a hypocrite and a Pharisee.  You will not see the kingdom of heaven, no matter how many times you pray to Allah today.  I don't think your Allah is the true God.  I think he is a false God.  
I pray to JESUS, who GOD gave us to be the link to God.  God knows it is hard if not impossible for us to worhsip something we cannot see.  So he gave us Jesus, an man with the spirit of God, perfection.  Don's ask how, or why, it doesn't matter.  Just accept that God is doing this for OUR benefit, not to have us go to Hell if we don't follow Muhammed hundreds of years later, with a much different message.  Sorry.  Cannot be.  Muhammed is a false prophet.

The following is for Empiricist.

Muhsin Khan

And nothing prevents men from believing, now when the guidance (the Quran) has come to them, and from asking Forgiveness of their Lord, except that the ways of the ancients be repeated with them (i.e. their destruction decreed by Allah), or the torment be brought to them face to face?
18:55-57
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Contrasting that with yourself, do you find the soft ways of some people irritating or frustrating? Just a little curious.

tr

Yes I do find people like you frustrating. :P

However having said that it is a quality that is the best in humanity. Anybody who does not possess it must strive to acquire it. Hence we must try to emulate the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam).

I believe there is a hadith in which the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) tells us that one can change his nature through prayer and supplication.

Btw you said it yourself that you get angry too when Islam and the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) is mocked. You probably have better understanding of how to control anger and be civil to people. Channelling anger is a great character to have, especially a Muslim Alhamdulilah.

Anger leads to hate, and hate leads to the fire.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 22>
  Share Topic