IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Slowing down a bit with posts  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slowing down a bit with posts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slowing down a bit with posts
    Posted: 16 January 2013 at 5:31am
Salaam Alaikum everyone,

I just wanted to announce I will be taking a bit longer time to answer people's posts and discussions. There are some amazing discussions going on, but there are also other discussions and debates I am involved in outside of this forum and I have fallen behind in them.

To those who are discussing with me, I ask you humbly for your patience. My responses will come, but they may take a few days at times so please be patient. I am not ignoring your points at all but I also need to attend to other discussions. I also don't want to shoot off responses too quick, since I want to give your questions/comments/debate the full attention and careful responses they deserve.

Thanks for understanding.

God bless.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by TG12345 TG12345 wrote:

Salaam Alaikum everyone,

I just wanted to announce I will be taking a bit longer time to answer people's posts and discussions. There are some amazing discussions going on, but there are also other discussions and debates I am involved in outside of this forum and I have fallen behind in them.

To those who are discussing with me, I ask you humbly for your patience. My responses will come, but they may take a few days at times so please be patient. I am not ignoring your points at all but I also need to attend to other discussions. I also don't want to shoot off responses too quick, since I want to give your questions/comments/debate the full attention and careful responses they deserve.

God bless.

No problem. But it doesn't matter if you decide not to come back here as you won't be missed. By the way, have you started on chapter 21 of the Holy Qur'an?
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 8:01pm

Salaam Alaikum everyone,

God bless.

Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

No problem. But it doesn't matter if you decide not to come back here as you won't be missed. By the way, have you started on chapter 21 of the Holy Qur'an?

Salaam Alaikum, Abu Loren.

I've started reading the chapter, thanks for asking... why are you asking me such a question, though?

You just said earlier we had 'our last debate' and that you are 'running from my st**idity'.

Now you are asking me if I started on the 21st chapter of the Quran?

Learn to be consistent!

I know you wouldn't miss me if I didn't come back. Thanks for stating the obvious.

Hate to break your heart and sense of superiority, but you are not the only Muslim on this forum and there are a lot of decent and quite intelligent men and women among your fellow believers who I enjoy talking to.

They show the kindness, courtesy and yearning for truth as well as an ability to both listen and express themselves without resorting to insults... like Islam teaches. Maybe one day you will mature to that level. Maybe not.

When I post, for the most part I will be talking to them.

Allahu Akhbar!

Edited by TG12345 - 16 January 2013 at 8:03pm
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 3:26am

Salaam Alaikum everyone,

God bless.

I've started reading the chapter, thanks for asking... why are you asking me such a question, though?

You just said earlier we had 'our last debate' and that you are 'running from my st**idity'.

Learn to be consistent!

I know you wouldn't miss me if I didn't come back. Thanks for stating the obvious.

Hate to break your heart and sense of superiority, but you are not the only Muslim on this forum and there are a lot of decent and quite intelligent men and women among your fellow believers who I enjoy talking to.

They show the kindness, courtesy and yearning for truth as well as an ability to both listen and express themselves without resorting to insults... like Islam teaches. Maybe one day you will mature to that level. Maybe not.

Allahu Akhbar!

My friend (figure of speech) don't be upset because I expose your lack of comprehension in the very basic things. You nit picking the Holy Qur'an you will not accomplish anything even if you were given another life.

A person who doesn't understand why Prophet Musa (Alayhi Salaam) was sent to Pharoah and why Christians and Jews will receive a double reward if they believe in the Qur'an needs serious help.

Christians like you are a dime a dozen on this forum. You guys seem to come off an assembly line armed with anti-Islamic rhetoric gleaned from anti-Islamic sites and try to argue things that are way over your head. This is because you do not have the guidance to understand, even the most basic of things. You all come here and say the same things and when we try to educate you then you like to turn things around. Hence the reason we go round and round in cirlces debating with Christians.
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 9:07pm

Salaam Alaikum everyone,

God bless.

Learn to be consistent!

Allahu Akhbar!

My friend (figure of speech) don't be upset because I expose your lack of comprehension in the very basic things. You nit picking the Holy Qur'an you will not accomplish anything even if you were given another life.

A person who doesn't understand why Prophet Musa (Alayhi Salaam) was sent to Pharoah and why Christians and Jews will receive a double reward if they believe in the Qur'an needs serious help.

Christians like you are a dime a dozen on this forum. You guys seem to come off an assembly line armed with anti-Islamic rhetoric gleaned from anti-Islamic sites and try to argue things that are way over your head. This is because you do not have the guidance to understand, even the most basic of things. You all come here and say the same things and when we try to educate you then you like to turn things around. Hence the reason we go round and round in cirlces debating with Christians.

I was going to take a break from posting on this forum until next week and I some of my other responses will take longer, but your rant was too funny not to rely to.

I'm not 'upset' at you at all, I'm just amused since you were swearing only days ago that this was your 'last debate' with me and you were running from my 'st**idity', but now you are going to "expose" my "lack of comprehension".

So are you going to debate or not? Or are you being inconsistent?

You say I need 'serious mental help' because I don't understand why Islam teaches Moses was sent to Pharaoh and why it teaches Christians and Jews will get double reward. According to Islam, Moses was sent to Pharaoh to call him to turn from his wicked ways and towards God, and to allow the children of Israel to leave Egypt. Don't worry, I understand!

The problem with this verse is that (as you admitted yourself) it teaches that Moses was sent by God to Pharaoh, and Muhammad said that before him all prophets were sent to their nation only. Pharaoh was not an Israelite. Moses was not Egyptian.

An Israelite prophet was sent by God to an Egyptian leader. Unless Moses lived after Muhammad, it is not true that before Muhammad all prophets were sent to their people only.

As for your claim I come with rhetoric from anti-Islamic sites, it must escape you that every source I quoted so far was a Muslim one.

But that's kind of hard to notice when you are going around calling people names and throwing insults at non-Muslims who disagree with you.

Edited by TG12345 - 17 January 2013 at 9:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic