IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - heart longing  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

heart longing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2013 at 3:59am
Oh Caringheart.  Try not to judge the secularists for being secular.  God gives all man the free choice whether to believe in him or not, and democracy emulates this.

It is probably better not to believe in God at all than to believe in 3 Gods!  And if a person don't believe in God, at least he can believe in humanity and do unto others, etc, and be a good parent who gives his children the free choice whether they want to believe in God or not.

And we don't choose God, God chooses us and God chooses what faith to worship him in. 
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2013 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Eoah Eoah wrote:

Oh Caringheart.  Try not to judge the secularists for being secular.  God gives all man the free choice whether to believe in him or not, and democracy emulates this.

It is probably better not to believe in God at all than to believe in 3 Gods!  And if a person don't believe in God, at least he can believe in humanity and do unto others, etc, and be a good parent who gives his children the free choice whether they want to believe in God or not.

And we don't choose God, God chooses us and God chooses what faith to worship him in. 

Greetings Eoah,

Have you read all my posts in this thread?  i think you will see greater clarification.

I don't know anyone who believes in 3 gods... the Hindu's and other polytheist's have, I presume, more than 3.
and I disagree, that it is better not to believe in a god at all.  It is belief in something higher than ourselves that guides us into better ways.
It is this belief in something higher that is no longer supported.

Peace,
Caringheart
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2013 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

to you be your god, and to me be mine.'
Hi Caringheart.
The more correct translation of surah Al-Kaafirun is � TO YOU - YOUR RELIGION, TO ME - MINE.
Because why? Because there could only be One God that we have to serve. The One Creator of the whole wide universe that deserves to be worshipped.
Originally posted by wrote:

To me what matters is that we fight the forces of evil, not one another... and those who are seeking God are those who do not seek to serve the forces of evil.
There is some truth in this. Every religion teaches good not evil. But the concept of evil maybe different in one religion compared to the other. Same thing as the concept of good in one religion, may not be to the other. For example, drinking wine. Some religion says its okay, while the other says no. One religion says that hygiene is very important, while others don�t bother.
So knowing that we are all from The One and we are all living in one planet, one earth, shouldn�t there be ONE concept of evil and one concept of GOOD. To be easily followed by the inhabitants of this world?

If satan can deceive us into thinking one religion or another is more right than another then he can make us fight one another instead of looking for, and seeing, the Truth... what is evil and what is not. He can keep us blind. He can turn us away from fighting the forces of evil, and make us serve him instead.

True. But do not forget that one of the Characteristics of an ALMIGHTY GOD is His Mercy, His Love. He wants us to seek Him, find the Truth. It would not be fair of Him (Astaghfirullah) if He requires us to seek Him, without any guidance, without any clue. Therefore the guidelines are given to us via the Prophets that He had sent to us together with the Scriptures for us to follow and to adhere.

Be sure you do not succumb to the tactics of satan to make strife, and have your vision clouded, only to find that you have served evil rather than good. Killing and warring is a thing of evil. That is my message to the world.

Yes Satan�s tactic is well known to most of us. Some of them are - Deception. Lies and Falsehood. But The Creator with His Mercy had given us brains or intellect for us to choose between Lies and Truth. So keep yourself informed by venturing into other religions and make comparison with the brain and the heart.

When we are serving one another in love, then we are serving God.

That is a good one. God Our Creator is indeed Most Loving � Al-Wadud, Most Merciful � Ar-Raheem. And the purpose of our existence is to serve and please God and also His Creations.
Habluminallah � Connection with God (Vertical relationship) and Habluminanaas � Connection with His Servants (Horizontal relationship).
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
mynameiskim31 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mynameiskim31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 10:20pm
Sometimes we feel cold to God and I admittedly felt it too, but God doesn't look in that, he looks of how we still find him despite in hard situation. Glory to God!

Edited by mynameiskim31 - 28 January 2013 at 10:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic