IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Married to a Muslim raising two kids  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Married to a Muslim raising two kids

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochacian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Married to a Muslim raising two kids
    Posted: 11 January 2013 at 1:39pm
Hello. I am married to a muslim man and we have two kids we are raising togehter. We just recently found out that his parents and his family have deceptively trying to have me convert to Islam which I found very snake like. I started looking into Islam and I just find many things confusing, or atleast to me hypocritical. I don't have any issues with the idea that there is one god, that prophet mohammad wrote the Quran etc. What I don't get is how other than those sentiments all Muslims seem to have there own ideas of what they should and should not regardless of what the Quran says, so how can they be Muslims. And also there are definitely things stated in Islam that can not make sense in todays day and age. My last issue and this is the biggest one, whenever I question Islam I get attacked, point blank period. I ask a question, I get a response and then if I give a follow up question the person can't answer I get told either the person doesn't really know the answer or that I am out of line for asking. Why? For a religion that states its so perfect that everything is laid out for you, how can so few muslims no anything about there religion except for what they've been told by there parents. I'll wait until this post gets approved before I start asking any of my questions. It will be a shame if even here on an "islam" forum that someoen who asks questions gets shut down just because the question is threatening a muslims beliefs.
nospam001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nospam001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2013 at 12:26pm
Hi mochacian

Some will disbelieve you, on the grounds that you could not possibly have married a Muslim man without first converting to Islam. I am less inclined to doubt your situation, having being in a surprisingly similar one myself for over 16 years already (except that my wife's family have never once pushed me to convert). Such a marriage is indeed rare, and appears to challenge some deeply held values and norms. Lately I have been allowed to start a new topic on that subject (after my first attempt was quietly deleted) but so far no-one has responded. Oh well, maybe it just seems way too weird.
God has the right to remain silent. For His advocates, however, each resigned shrug is a missed opportunity to win new converts.
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2013 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by mochacian mochacian wrote:

Hello. I am married to a muslim man and we have two kids we are raising togehter. We just recently found out that his parents and his family have deceptively trying to have me convert to Islam which I found very snake like. I started looking into Islam and I just find many things confusing, or atleast to me hypocritical. I don't have any issues with the idea that there is one god, that prophet mohammad wrote the Quran etc. What I don't get is how other than those sentiments all Muslims seem to have there own ideas of what they should and should not regardless of what the Quran says, so how can they be Muslims. And also there are definitely things stated in Islam that can not make sense in todays day and age. My last issue and this is the biggest one, whenever I question Islam I get attacked, point blank period. I ask a question, I get a response and then if I give a follow up question the person can't answer I get told either the person doesn't really know the answer or that I am out of line for asking. Why? For a religion that states its so perfect that everything is laid out for you, how can so few muslims no anything about there religion except for what they've been told by there parents. I'll wait until this post gets approved before I start asking any of my questions. It will be a shame if even here on an "islam" forum that someoen who asks questions gets shut down just because the question is threatening a muslims beliefs.

Hello Mochacian,

Welcome to Islamicity.

Many people come here to ask questions about Islam. Some topics get heated in arguments, others dont ... it does not depend only on the muslims how a thread develops, rather on both parties.
I hope you will be able to develop good relationships and constructive dialogues.

Have you spoken to any scholars about these questions, or just family and friends and your husband?

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2013 at 11:45pm

As'alaamu Alaikkum

First of all Prophet Muhammad (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) did not write the Holy Qur'an. It was revealed to him by the angel Jibril (Alayhi Salaam) and the words contained therein are directly from God (in Arabic Allah).

Muslims are terrified of giving any answers in case that what they say is wrong and not in line with the Holy Qur'an and the Hadiths. You will always be asked to seek help from an Imam or research scholarly articles.

Anyway fire away yor questions and there are so many knowledgeable people here who will help you Insha'Allah.

By the way, a woman from the People of the Book (Jew or Christian) is allowed to marry a Muslim man, this is allowed in Islam.

Edited by Abu Loren - 12 January 2013 at 11:46pm
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2013 at 10:35am

Hello. I am married to a muslim man and we have two kids we are raising togehter. We just recently found out that his parents and his family have deceptively trying to have me convert to Islam which I found very snake like. --------------

Since you are doing the service for them by raising the kids you can just leave him with the kids, let his family do your job. You know the whole thing in life is about do's and don'ts. Let them know that you are not soft pie that depend on their existence. Or alternatively you just a way with the kids and tell him to shut them up or separation. It's all about do's and don'ts that count, nothing else.

Have fun.
nospam001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nospam001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2013 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Muslims are terrified of giving any answers in case that what they say is wrong and not in line with the Holy Qur'an and the Hadiths. You will always be asked to seek help from an Imam or research scholarly articles.
Thinking for yourself is not a practice that Imams would wish to encourage?
God has the right to remain silent. For His advocates, however, each resigned shrug is a missed opportunity to win new converts.
anisafatima View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anisafatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 2:49am
it is very general that whenever someone is new to something, that is looking hard and weired. But over here, i am assuring you that, once you intend to convert, God will make each and every thing easy for you inshAllah,,,,

in the history we can see a lot of converted Muslims stories...
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 11:40am
Assalamalecum WA rehmatullahi WA barakhatahu.may peace and blessings of Allah b on U.sister first of all,if your in laws are forcing U to accept Islam,then tell them that they are wrong,because it is forbidden to force someone to accept Islam.but Qur'an is the best book in the world because it is the last revelation by Allah.by quoting some verses I can help U a little bit,firstly Surah Al Imran ch 3 v 19 states that only religion acceptable in the sight of Allah is Islam,in Surah An Nisa ch 4 v 40 states that Allah is never unjust even in the least degree.Surah Al Ankaboot ch 29 v 49 states that if U strive in the way of Allah nobody can beat you.surah An nisa ch 4 v 48 and ch 4 v 116 Allah if wants can forgive any sin except shirk(associating partners with Allah).for ur information A Muslim is a person who acquires peace by submitting his will to Allah,just by name any person cannot be a Muslim.Allahfiz
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic