IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Famous Quotes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - not famous, but good  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

not famous, but good

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2015 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by natgarrett natgarrett wrote:

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

-Albert Einstein

Some thoughts on this one:
came across this quote only few days ago. This is a truth staring into our faces, and I cannot help making a remark.

When we were younger, we had seen many radical muslims with all these staunch ideas, throwing takfeer at others and what not. Debates, arguments and disrespectful behavior.

Their speech was hurtful and their actions were likewise.

Many, the wise and elder amongst us advised forbearance and patience. They said its of no avail to argue with them. They should be left alone. I am sure those people could have never imagined this radicalism will take such an ugly face and go to such henious extreme.
They should have been stopped from corrupting the young minds.

Just some unorganized thoughts ...

CH, I do not intend to spoil your thread. Please excuse me.

Edited by Nausheen - 11 February 2015 at 8:45pm
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2015 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Originally posted by natgarrett natgarrett wrote:

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

-Albert Einstein

Some thoughts on this one:
came across this quote only few days ago. This is a truth staring into our faces, and I cannot help making a remark.

When we were younger, we had seen many radical muslims with all these staunch ideas, throwing takfeer at others and what not. Debates, arguments and disrespectful behavior.

Their speech was hurtful and their actions were likewise.

Many, the wise and elder amongst us advised forbearance and patience. They said its of no avail to argue with them. They should be left alone. I am sure those people could have never imagined this radicalism will take such an ugly face and go to such henious extreme.
They should have been stopped from corrupting the young minds.

Just some unorganized thoughts ...

CH, I do not intend to spoil your thread. Please excuse me.

hehehe Big%20smile - Greetings Nausheen,

You made me chuckle and smile.
You can not spoil my thread.  I love discussion and I love your thoughts.
If the thread goes off track, I know how to put it back... or start a new one.  Big%20smile

Your quote reminded me of this one:

Edmund Burke � 'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.'
I believe it was quite well known and used during the days of WWII... Hitler's time.

You are so correct.  It is necessary to speak and to guide people when we see that their actions and behavior are being influenced in the wrong way.   The devil will always use a little bit of the truth to deceive into doing his evil. It is so important to discern good from evil.

Peace and blessings to you,
CAringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 11 February 2015 at 10:15pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Emettman View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emettman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2015 at 3:26pm
Adlai Stevenson
(The best president America never had)
"My definition of a free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular."
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2015 at 3:12am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

hehehe Big%20smileEdmund Burke � 'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.'</span>I believe it was quite well known and used during the days of WWII... Hitler's time.You are so correct.� It is necessary to speak and to guide people when we see that their actions and behavior are being influenced in the wrong way. � The devil will always use a little bit of the truth to deceive into doing his evil. It is so important to discern good from evil.Peace and blessings to you,CAringheart

Thank you Caringheart.

Here is my contribution to this beautiful thread.

�with a treasure in our bosom everyone of us wanders with a longing over the face of the earth, and often we do not even believe that it is possible to find such a pearl�even far, far away. Blessed is he who has discovered his own treasure.

�Everlasting Joy�, a brief homily by Fr Pavel Florensky
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2015 at 9:35am
'The stigma attached to cowardice has caused terrible harm, most obviously to those who have been made to pay for the alleged �crime�. Less obvious, but more pervasive, is the damage done by people who, fearing the shame of cowardice, have acted in reckless, often violent ways. Remembering this should make us less ready to use the label of �coward�, especially in the case of someone refusing to use violence�� Chris Walsh
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2015 at 12:33pm

Then said the Lord, Doest thou well to be angry?

Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2015 at 12:34pm
Shukran, thank you, Nausheen and abuayisha, for your lovely contributions.  Smile
Blessed be God forever
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2015 at 7:55pm
2:263  A kind word with forgiveness is better than almsgiving followed by injury.
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic