IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Famous Quotes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - not famous, but good  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

not famous, but good

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: not famous, but good
    Posted: 10 January 2013 at 1:54pm

'It is said that the first casualty of war is truth, but that is not so, the first casualty of war is education' - from Foyle's War

It may not be a famous quote but it's a good one.

Edited by Caringheart - 18 January 2013 at 9:22pm
Lightsearch View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightsearch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 8:04am
I'd want to know how education is the first casualty...it seems to me that truth is definitely among the first things to be hit, where as education might be among the last, greatly affected casualties, like for example the history of Soviet Occupation was followed by 50 years of very much distorted education about the course of the World War II. The inaccurate depiction of the past causes issues with virtue-formation for the upcoming generations...this would seem more plausible.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 9:21pm
Greetings Lightsearch,

Your points are well taken.  I guess I was coming from the standpoint of having just watched the program.  I understood what it was saying.  When war takes over a country the first casualty is the ability for children to attend school and get their education, and thus when war goes on too long you then end up with generations of uneducated people, which is not a good thing.  It takes people backwards.

Would you agree with that?

Salaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 18 January 2013 at 9:21pm
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2013 at 9:58pm
"the righteous have no need for cunning"

"there is no man more dangerous than one who thinks he knows the will of God" 
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 4:05pm
I read a book by an Indian muslim, and in his foreword he wrote:

"Once a man do lie he needs ten more lies to make the first lie sound like the truth".

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by nothing nothing wrote:

I read a book by an Indian muslim, and in his foreword he wrote:

"Once a man do lie he needs ten more lies to make the first lie sound like the truth".

Yes, very good one.  So, so, true.
You also have to try and remember all those lies.
I must confess, I do not understand lying... how anyone ever thinks it serves any purpose.

Edited by Caringheart - 11 February 2013 at 4:19pm
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2013 at 2:20pm
"Every bit of human life has a dark side."

"We quakers believe in seeking the light within.  The light is that of God.  Those called to serve act fearlessly according to the light, but it won't come to you, unless you open your eyes to the grief and pain all around you."
Blessed be God forever
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2013 at 11:21am
"Are you exempt from hearing the truth because it might be persuasive?"
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic