IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do people realize how blessed they are?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do people realize how blessed they are?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do people realize how blessed they are?
    Posted: 05 January 2013 at 5:39pm
Hi everyone,

I understand that it can be frustrating for it to take a day or sometimes a few days for a post to show up, but I want to state that I have been on many forums, and Islamicity is one of my favourite.

As a Christian, I have posted on some Muslim forums where I have been personally attacked and my beliefs have been mocked. This has not happened here.

I admit that in the InterFaith section, at times discussions have gotten heated and I have been exposed to... and responded with... sometimes with sarcasm. My fellow Muslim debaters and I have critiqued, and sometimes intensely, each others' beliefs and sometimes approaches to debate. However, I have not once experienced any personal attacks or insults.

My posts have all been published, even if some took longer than others... without a hint or editing or censorship.

I have been on Christian forums where Muslims were treated like garbage, and on Muslim forums where Christians were treated like garbage. It is rare to find a Christian or Muslim forum where differing beliefs are not only respected, but are also allowed to be expressed.

I know one Christian forum like this, ChristianForums, which I also regard highly for these same reasons.

I have been on at least 5 different both Muslim and Christian forums where I have not seen the respect and freedom of expression that IC expresses.

I hope the posters on here realize this.

I would like to thank Islamicity for this forum, and the forum administrators.

Allahma3k.

TG12345
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 4:29am
Islamicity does indeed belong to the good religious websites! There are a lot of mature people here fully capable of handling disagreements and criticism.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 2:55am
Thank you for this post TG,

This is not just a return of formality, but sincere mention that you are one of very few Christians I have met on IC who has done his research on Islam - who does not echo just a seterotype, distorted view regarding Islam - which earns my respect.

peace,
nausheen
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 6:27am
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Thank you for this post TG,

This is not just a return of formality, but sincere mention that you are one of very few Christians I have met on IC who has done his research on Islam - who does not echo just a seterotype, distorted view regarding Islam - which earns my respect.

peace,
nausheen

Salaam Alaikum, Nausheen.

Thank you for the kind words. I try to do as much research as I can before making claims about what others believe, although there is much about Islam I do not know and I am not finished with the Quran yet.

Thank you for your courtesy and politeness on this forum towards me.

Peace in Christ,
TG12345
herber345 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herber345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2013 at 1:04am
I'm new in this forum website if it was happening, than I have no idea. but I'm non Muslim and I haven't seen any thing like that on my post or replies..

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic