IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ancient philosophy and religous origin  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ancient philosophy and religous origin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2015 at 2:18am
The followers of the God of Abraham never built any ka'aba... this was a thing of the polytheists.

What polytheistic practices are seen at the Kaaba, today?

Indeed, at the time of Muhammad PBUH polytheists had taken over the Kaaba. But by the grace of Allah SWT Muhammad PBUH restored its sanctity by ridding it of all stone idols and established the in violable Oneness of Allah.

Wherever Abraham went he built altars to God... stone pilings.

So? By the order of Allah Almighty he built a brick and mortar square that would make all the faithful face it when they pray, wherever they happen to be on the globe.Something never done on earth before. And still unique to Islam.

The Israelites built the 'Temple of God' where 'God dwelt with them'... where the Ark of the Covenant was housed.

Allah SWT never dwelt with anyone. He is formless and He is far and above His creations.

Edited by The Saint - 20 February 2015 at 2:20am
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2015 at 12:13am
The followers of the God of Abraham never built any ka'aba... this was a thing of the polytheists. 
Wherever Abraham went he built altars to God... stone pilings.
The Israelites built the 'Temple of God' where 'God dwelt with them'... where the Ark of the Covenant was housed.
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2014 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

Hello Caringheart

Are you a Parsi? Do you believe in the divine origin of Islam?
Greetings The Saint,No I am not a Parsi.� I just find the crossovers among all the ancient religions fascinating and important. [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Smile" />asalaam,Caringheart

In that case, you should be very careful of what you post. You must always double-check your facts.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2014 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

Hello Caringheart

Greetings The Saint,

No I am not a Parsi.  I just find the crossovers among all the ancient religions fascinating and important. Smile

asalaam,
Caringheart
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2014 at 2:05am
Hello Caringheart

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2014 at 11:16pm
Zoroastrianism

progressive mentality \
destructive mentality  / two opposing forces under one God

illuminating Wisdom - God - Ahura Mazda, "wise Lord", the uncreated Creator to whom all worship is ultimately directed
(faith with a transcendent divinity, widely believed to have influenced the theology of Isma'ilism)

the "chaotic" is represented by Angra Mainyu (also referred to as "Ahriman"), the "Destructive Principle"
(here I take note of a similarity, the word angry, bears similarity to Angra... and anger is truly a destructive force)

the benevolent is represented through Ahura Mazda's Spenta Mainyu, the instrument or "Bounteous Principle" of the act of creation
(this is a concept very much like the Christian, Holy Spirit)
Ahura Mazda is immanent in humankind, and through which the Creator interacts with the world.

Ahura Mazda's creation� widely agreed as asha, truth and order
is the antithesis of chaos, which is evident as druj, falsehood and disorder

The resulting conflict involves the entire universe, including humanity, which has an active role to play in the conflict

Ahura Mazda will ultimately prevail over the evil Angra Mainyu or Ahriman, at which point the universe will undergo a cosmic renovation and time will end. In the final renovation, all of creation�even the souls of the dead that were initially banished to "darkness"�will be reunited in Ahura Mazda, returning to life in the undead form. At the end of time, a savior-figure (a Saoshyant) will bring about a final renovation of the world (frashokereti), in which the dead will be revived.

Edited by Caringheart - 06 November 2014 at 11:19pm
Blessed be God forever
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2014 at 9:45pm
Another very interesting discussion, well worth listening to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppT8JK1loSg
Blessed be God forever
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2014 at 8:26pm
I mentioned the following on another thread, but since it is relevant here, I am mentioning it here as well.

We routinely see Christian fanatics trying to attack the origins of the title "Allah" for God, claiming that Allah was a pagan god.  Unfortunately for these people, the fact is that Jews and Christians had no trouble referring to God as Allah, so the polemical attacks are simply pointless and fall flat.

What is even more ironic is that had these people taken the time to investigate the origins of the name of God in the Bible, Yahweh, they would be shocked as to its origins.  According to Professor Mark S. Smith:

"...Yahweh, originally a warrior-god from Sinai/Paran/Edom/Teiman was known separately from El at an early point in early Israel.  Perhaps due to trade with Edom/Midian, Yahweh entered secondarily into the Israelite highland religion" ("The Early History of God: Yahweh and the Other Deities in Ancient Israel", pp. 32-33)  

He also adds that, originally, "the god of Israel" was not "Yahweh" but "El". 
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic