IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ancient philosophy and religous origin  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ancient philosophy and religous origin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ancient philosophy and religous origin
    Posted: 22 April 2016 at 11:02pm
"The Bhagavad Gita... is the most beautiful philosophical song existing in any known tongue. "
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2015 at 5:56pm
All who dwell on earth shall fall down and worship before him, and will praise and bless and celebrate with song the Lord of the spirits. For this reason has he been chosen and hidden
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 3:11am
Greetings CH

I am giving you a Wiki reference below. Which confirms that this location is mentioned in the holy books of all Abrahamic faiths.

Mount Sinai (Arabic: طُور سِينَاء, translit.: Ṭūr Sīnāʼ ; Egyptian Arabic: جَبَل مُوسَى, translit.: Jabal Mūsā or Gabal Mūsā; literally "Moses' Mountain" or "Mount Moses"; Hebrew: הר סיני‎و translit. Har Sinai), also known as Mount Horeb, is a mountain in the Sinai Peninsula of Egypt that is a possible location of the biblical Mount Sinai. The latter is mentioned many times in the Book of Exodus in the Torah, the Bible,[1> and the Quran.[2> According to Jewish, Christian, and Islamic tradition, the biblical Mount Sinai was the place where Moses received the Ten Commandments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Sinai

And here is the reference from the Quran proving that God Almighty does not manifest Himself. That He just cannot be seen.

7:143. When Moses came to the place appointed by Us, and his Lord addressed him,
He said: "O my Lord! show [Thyself> to me, that I may look upon thee." Allah
said: "By no means canst thou see Me [direct>; But look upon the mount; if it
abide in its place, then shalt thou see Me." When his Lord manifested His glory
on the Mount, He made it as dust. And Moses fell down in a swoon. When he
recovered his senses he said: "Glory be to Thee! to Thee I turn in repentance,
and I am the first to believe."

A little background to this concept will help you grasp the true understanding of it.

The important thing to keep in mind is that Allah does not force us to come to Him or to submit to what He has ordained. This means that we always have a choice. And one of the important things about that choice is that Allah never makes it so obvious that their would no longer be a choice. So, all through the human's life there is the opportunity to turn away from evil and choose to worship Allah on His Terms. At the same time, there is of course the equal opportunity to turn away from guidance and then become of the losers.

If anyone ever had seen Allah - how could they then be in a fair test? Also, in Islam we know that if Allah "reveals" Himself to a mountain it would crumble out of the tremendous experience. And the prophet's wife, Ayesha, may Allah be pleased with her, told us that if anyone says that the prophet, peace be upon him, saw Allah Subhannah wa Ta'ala, that person is a liar.

The biggest goal for the Muslims in the Next Life is not, as they so wrongly portray it on TV and the newspapers, to have virgins running around and wine to drink, not at all. The biggest and highest honor of the Next Life is to have a chance to actually stand in front of the "Presence of Allah." And this is described in authentic hadeeths (teachings of Muhammad, peace be upon him).

Although we are all definitely looking forward to the Paradise and all that it contains, we look to this as being the highest and greatest of all honors and favors of Allah - the opportunity to just be "close to Allah" from time to time in the Paradise. I get all excited just thinking about it.

These are some of the reasons why we don't "see" Allah in this life.

That is, Allah cannot be seen in the life of this world, nor can He be heard, smelled, felt, imagined, or any other sense that we have. As I have already outlined, that would violate the principle of Him not interfering with our choices. Additionally, Allah is never to be compared to His creation in any way, shape or form. This means that He does not enter His creation, nor does He grant any of His creation any of His attributes or power for that matter. All power, might and strenght are with Allah and there is none who can challenge Him, ever.

We do not put Allah in the creation. We say what Allah says about Himself in His Book, that He created the Heavens and the earth in six days and then He rose above His Throne (in a manner that befits His Majesty). We don't say He sits or lays on His throne because He did not say that about Himself. Muslims are to take care never to say anything about Allah that they do not have the authority to say. This is blasphemy and it is kufr (out of Islam).

Allah says that He does not compare in any way to any part of His creation. He tells us that He is "All Hearing, All Seeing, All Compassionate, All Loving, All Mighty, etc." But He never says that He is "all present" in His creation. Also, we know that He does not give people powers like superman. People have claimed to have powers with Allah, but they are liars (even if they claim to be Muslims). There are no partners with Allah and He is far above what ever they would try to compare to Him in anyway.

I sincerely hope this has helped.

Edited by The Saint - 02 March 2015 at 3:12am
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2015 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

The dwelling place of the One God of Abraham has always been in Jerusalem.

Dwelling? Please clarify in what sense do use the word? Allah SWT is not a physical entity as we know physical entities.

Ah... now I understand. You are perhaps unaware of the way in which God manifested at the temple in Jerusalem, and within the Ark of the Covenant?

I am aware of the nature of God, as He describes it in the Quran. And I know that He is all knowing but not omnipresent. He does show His signs but He does not manifest Himself.

Greetings The Saint,

These are the recordings of the history in the books of the Israelites, including from the Psalms of David(the Zabur).

Exodus 13
17 And it came to pass, when Pharaoh had let the people go, that God led them not through the way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near; for God said, Lest peradventure the people repent when they see war, and they return to Egypt:
18 But God led the people about, through the way of the wilderness of the Red sea: and the children of Israel went up harnessed out of the land of Egypt.
19 And Moses took the bones of Joseph with him: for he had straitly sworn the children of Israel, saying, God will surely visit you; and ye shall carry up my bones away hence with you.

20 And they took their journey from Succoth, and encamped in Etham, in the edge of the wilderness.

21 And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:

22 He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people.

Exodus 24
12 And the Lord said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.

15 And Moses went up into the mount, and a cloud covered the mount.

16 And the glory of the Lord abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud.

Leviticus
16:2 And the Lord said unto Moses, Speak unto Aaron thy brother, that he come not at all times into the holy place within the vail before the mercy seat, which is upon the ark; that he die not: for I will appear in the cloud upon the mercy seat.

Numbers 7
89 And when Moses was gone into the tabernacle of the congregation to speak with him, then he heard the voice of one speaking unto him from off the mercy seat that was upon the ark of testimony, from between the two cherubims: and he spake unto him.

1 Kings 8
 And when the priests came out of the Holy Place, a cloud filled the house of the Lord, so that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud, for the glory of the Lord filled the house of the Lord.

Exodus 25
8 And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.

9 According to all that I shew thee, after the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall ye make it.

10 And they shall make an ark of shittim wood
16 And thou shalt put into the ark the testimony which I shall give thee.
21 And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee.

22 And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.

2 Samuel 6
6 And when they came to Nachon's threshing floor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it.

7 And the anger of the Lord was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.

9 And David was afraid of the Lord that day, and said, How shall the ark of the Lord come to me?

(the people witnessed that there was the power of God in the Ark... How shall these things be explained if not the power of God dwelling among them?  At least this is how they saw it.)

Psalm 132
Lord, remember David, and all his afflictions:
2 How he sware unto the Lord, and vowed unto the mighty God of Jacob;
3 Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed;
4 I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyelids,

5 Until I find out a place for the Lord, an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob.

6 Lo, we heard of it at Ephratah: we found it in the fields of the wood.

7 We will go into his tabernacles: we will worship at his footstool.

8 Arise, O Lord, into thy rest; thou, and the ark of thy strength.

13 For the Lord hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.

14 This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.

Psalms of David, #135

21 Blessed be the Lord out of Zion, which dwelleth at Jerusalem. Praise ye the Lord.

1 Chronicles 28
2 Then David the king stood up upon his feet, and said, Hear me, my brethren, and my people: As for me, I had in mine heart to build an house of rest for the ark of the covenant of the Lord, and for the footstool of our God, and had made ready for the building:

3 But God said unto me, Thou shalt not build an house for my name, because thou hast been a man of war, and hast shed blood.

6 And he said unto me, Solomon thy son, he shall build my house and my courts: for I have chosen him to be my son, and I will be his father.

10 Take heed now; for the Lord hath chosen thee to build an house for the sanctuary: be strong, and do it.
11 Then David gave to Solomon his son the pattern of the porch, and of the houses thereof, and of the treasuries thereof, and of the upper chambers thereof, and of the inner parlours thereof, and of the place of the mercy seat,
19 All this, said David, the Lord made me understand in writing by his hand upon me, even all the works of this pattern.

Haggai 1
1 In the second year of Darius the king, in the sixth month, in the first day of the month, came the word of the Lord by Haggai the prophet unto Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, saying,

4 Is it time for you, O ye, to dwell in your cieled houses, and this My house lies waste?
7 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Consider your ways.

8 Go up to the mountain, and bring wood, and build the house
; and I will take pleasure in it, and I will be glorified, saith the Lord.

2 Chronicles 3
3 Now these are the things wherein Solomon was instructed for the building of the house of God. The length by cubits after the first measure was threescore cubits, and the breadth twenty cubits.
(and it goes on to describe the whole building of the temple with its specifications)

There is possibly much more.... this is what the Lord has given me to share. 

You may read and decide for yourself what you think they might mean.
I often ponder over the meaning of all these things. Smile

The mountain where Allah SWT gave an audience to Musa AS burnt down because it was subjected to a flash of a manifestation. But it was only to convince Musa AS that mortals cannot behold the divine. Men cannot bear a divine manifestation.

Can you please share with me, where I will find this in the qur'an?

Shukran, asalaam and blessings,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 24 February 2015 at 2:35pm
Blessed be God forever
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2015 at 4:16am
No follower built it. Ibrahim AS and His son Ismail built it.
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2015 at 4:14am
Greetings The Saint,

None. Muhammad had the ka'aba re-purposed to fit his religion.

I think, cleansed is the word you are looking for.

I think it goes without saying, that the polytheists were the ones that built the ka'aba.

No, Ibrahim AS and His first son Ismail AS built it at the command of Allah SWT. The Quran confirms the fact.

Dwelling? Please clarify in what sense do use the word? Allah SWT is not a physical entity as we know physical entities.

Do you know that when the muslims pray to the ka'aba, they turn their backs to the dwelling place of the God of Abraham? ... turn their backs on the God they think they worship?

Muslims do not think so, you do. Because Muslims do not believe Allah SWT lives on this puny earth.

Ah... now I understand. You are perhaps unaware of the way in which God manifested at the temple in Jerusalem, and within the Ark of the Covenant?

I am aware of the nature of God, as He describes it in the Quran. And I know that He is all knowing but not omnipresent. He does show His signs but He does not manifest Himself. The mountain where Allah SWT gave an audience to Musa AS burnt down because it was subjected to a flash of a manifestation. But it was only to convince Musa AS that mortals cannot behold the divine. Men cannot bear a divine manifestation.

Sorry to be so short... I am pressed for time, but saw your reply and wanted to respond.

asalaam and blessings,
Caringheart

Peace
The Saint
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2015 at 11:50am

The followers of the God of Abraham never built any ka'aba... this was a thing of the polytheists.

What polytheistic practices are seen at the Kaaba, today?

Greetings The Saint,

None.  Muhammad had the ka'aba re-purposed to fit his religion.

Indeed, at the time of Muhammad PBUH polytheists had taken over the Kaaba. But by the grace of Allah SWT Muhammad PBUH restored its sanctity by ridding it of all stone idols and established the in violable Oneness of Allah.

I think it goes without saying, that the polytheists were the ones that built the ka'aba.

Wherever Abraham went he built altars to God... stone pilings.

So? By the order of Allah Almighty he built a brick and mortar square that would make all the faithful face it when they pray, wherever they happen to be on the globe.Something never done on earth before. And still unique to Islam.

Do you know that when the muslims pray to the ka'aba, they turn their backs to the dwelling place of the God of Abraham? ... turn their backs on the God they think they worship?

The Israelites built the 'Temple of God' where 'God dwelt with them'... where the Ark of the Covenant was housed.

Allah SWT never dwelt with anyone. He is formless and He is far and above His creations.

Ah... now I understand.  You are perhaps unaware of the way in which God manifested at the temple in Jerusalem, and within the Ark of the Covenant?

Sorry to be so short... I am pressed for time, but saw your reply and wanted to respond.

asalaam and blessings,
Caringheart
Blessed be God forever
lindseynicole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindseynicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2015 at 3:00am
Philosophy of religion is concerned with the philosophical appraisal of human religious attitude and of the real or imaginary objects of those attitudes, God or the Gods. The philosophy of religion is the undivided part of the philosophy as such concerned with the central issues of the nature and extent of human knowledge. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic