IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question about Moses and Pharaoh in Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about Moses and Pharaoh in Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by 786SalamKhan 786SalamKhan wrote:

Prophet Moses according to the Quran led the Israelites out of Egypt.
http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1127&Itemid=62
Both the Quranic and Biblical accounts of Moses are almost identical except for a few details for example the Ten Commandments incident.

Salaam Alaikum islamispeace, SalaamKhan, nothing and Abu Loren.

From what I have read from your responses and from the Quran and Ibn Kathir's commentary, it seems to me that Islam (like Christianity) teaches that Moses was an Israelite and Pharaoh was an Egyptian. Would that be a correct statement?

Shukran.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 12:06am
Originally posted by TG12345 TG12345 wrote:

Prophet Moses according to the Quran led the Israelites out of Egypt.
http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1127&Itemid=62
Both the Quranic and Biblical accounts of Moses are almost identical except for a few details for example the Ten Commandments incident.

Salaam Alaikum islamispeace, SalaamKhan, nothing and Abu Loren.

From what I have read from your responses and from the Quran and Ibn Kathir's commentary, it seems to me that Islam (like Christianity) teaches that Moses was an Israelite and Pharaoh was an Egyptian. Would that be a correct statement?

Shukran.

Yes Musa (Alayhi Salaam) was a an Israelite as he was taken from his mother in order to save him and put into the household of the Pharoah who was an Egyptian. Same as the Christians and Jews believe.
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 5:40am

Prophet Moses according to the Quran led the Israelites out of Egypt.http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1127&Itemid=62Both the Quranic and Biblical accounts of Moses are almost identical except for a few details for example the Ten Commandments incident.
Salaam Alaikum islamispeace, SalaamKhan, nothing and Abu Loren.From what I have read from your responses and from the Quran and Ibn Kathir's commentary, it seems to me that Islam (like Christianity) teaches that Moses was an Israelite and Pharaoh was an Egyptian. Would that be a correct statement? Shukran.

This is correct. Firaun was the king of Egypt and an Egyptian.

I dont have a reference on top of my head, but where it is mentioned that musa alaihe salam killed the egyptian, it says that he was a non Egyptian.

He was an isreali and at the time he was born firaun had ordered the killing of isreali male infants. That is how he ended up in a box in the river, who was saved by Queen of Egypt (Asiya) the wife of firaun.

Im sorry for references, because the story of musa alaihe salam is spread over several chapters. But if you are too particular, may be I should dive into - but it may take some time.

Edited by Nausheen - 10 January 2013 at 5:41am
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Prophet Moses according to the Quran led the Israelites out of Egypt.http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1127&Itemid=62Both the Quranic and Biblical accounts of Moses are almost identical except for a few details for example the Ten Commandments incident.
Salaam Alaikum islamispeace, SalaamKhan, nothing and Abu Loren.From what I have read from your responses and from the Quran and Ibn Kathir's commentary, it seems to me that Islam (like Christianity) teaches that Moses was an Israelite and Pharaoh was an Egyptian. Would that be a correct statement? Shukran.

This is correct. Firaun was the king of Egypt and an Egyptian.

I dont have a reference on top of my head, but where it is mentioned that musa alaihe salam killed the egyptian, it says that he was a non Egyptian.

He was an isreali and at the time he was born firaun had ordered the killing of isreali male infants. That is how he ended up in a box in the river, who was saved by Queen of Egypt (Asiya) the wife of firaun.

Im sorry for references, because the story of musa alaihe salam is spread over several chapters. But if you are too particular, may be I should dive into - but it may take some time.

Salaam Alaikum Abu Lorence and Nausheen. Thank you so much for your input. My question has been answered.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic