IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islamophobic Hate Crime
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


Islamophobic Hate Crime

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member


Joined: 05 October 1999
Status: Offline
Points: 4901
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islamophobic Hate Crime
    Posted: 30 December 2012 at 8:27am
http://mondoweiss.net/2012/12/after-islamophobic-perspective.html
 

Mayor Michael Bloomberg on Friday urged residents to keep Sen's death in perspective as he touted new historic lows in the city's annual homicide and shooting totals.

"It's a very tragic case, but what we want to focus on today is the overall safety in New York," Bloomberg told reporters following a police academy graduation.

What kind of perspective is Bloomberg referencing? If someone said "I shoved a Jew in front of a train because I hate Jews," would Bloomberg be touting drops in the city's annual homicide and shooting totals? Quite an insensitive comment, at the very least.

Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 December 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 1185
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2012 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

http://mondoweiss.net/2012/12/after-islamophobic-perspective.html
 

Mayor Michael Bloomberg on Friday urged residents to keep Sen's death in perspective as he touted new historic lows in the city's annual homicide and shooting totals.

"It's a very tragic case, but what we want to focus on today is the overall safety in New York," Bloomberg told reporters following a police academy graduation.

What kind of perspective is Bloomberg referencing? If someone said "I shoved a Jew in front of a train because I hate Jews," would Bloomberg be touting drops in the city's annual homicide and shooting totals? Quite an insensitive comment, at the very least.



That is disgusting and sickening!!!

Not only the murder, but his reaction! "Keep it in perspective"???

An innocent man was cruelly murdered, because he was assumed to be Muslim. You are right, if the victim had been Jewish or even a black man or gay man killed by supremacists, he wouldn't been talking like that.

This is hatred of Muslims, pure and simple. Both the murder and his words were wrong and unacceptable and worthy of condemnation.


May God open his eyes, and may He be with the mourning family of the innocent man who was murdered.


Edited by TG12345 - 30 December 2012 at 5:45pm
Back to Top
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member


Joined: 27 June 2010
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 523
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2012 at 10:05am
You are being ridiculous.  Michael Bloomberg doesn't hate Muslims.  Try not to be a reactionary just because the rest of the lemmings are doing it. 
Back to Top
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 December 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 1185
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2012 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by schmikbob schmikbob wrote:

You are being ridiculous.  Michael Bloomberg doesn't hate Muslims.  Try not to be a reactionary just because the rest of the lemmings are doing it. 

Again, I'm pretty sure that if the victim was Jewish or black or gay and he was killed for his identity he wouldn't ask that "people keep things in perspective".

I didn't hear that line coming out of the White House when one of their ambassadors was killed in Benghazi. After all, how many people die violently in that city on a daily basis? Can you imagine what would have happened if Obama advised the American people to "keep it in perspective"?

I don't get the whole 'lemming' and 'reactionary' terminology. Sounds like something that would come out of the Kremlin, like 2 decades ago. Big%20smile
Back to Top
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member


Joined: 27 June 2010
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 523
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2013 at 12:45pm
Let me explain it.  Everyone likes to jump on board the condemnation and "He hates this or that" bandwagon in reaction to some 30 second sound bite by some politician.  The Mayor's job is, among other things, to reassure the public.  Perhaps that could have something to do with his comments.  For you to call his comments "wrong and unacceptable and worthy of comdemnation" is ridiculous and make you sound like one of the lemmings running for the cliff.  Does that clear things up?   
 
 
Back to Top
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 December 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 1185
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2013 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by schmikbob schmikbob wrote:

Let me explain it.  Everyone likes to jump on board the condemnation and "He hates this or that" bandwagon in reaction to some 30 second sound bite by some politician.  The Mayor's job is, among other things, to reassure the public.  Perhaps that could have something to do with his comments.  For you to call his comments "wrong and unacceptable and worthy of comdemnation" is ridiculous and make you sound like one of the lemmings running for the cliff.  Does that clear things up?   
 

If a person comments on a murder or some other tragedy by saying "keep things in perspective", regardless of who the victim or killer was, it is insensitive at the least. I don't believe he would have said the same thing if the victim belonged to some other categories of affiliation.
Back to Top
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member


Joined: 05 October 1999
Status: Offline
Points: 4901
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2013 at 7:49pm
Back to Top
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member


Joined: 27 June 2010
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 523
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2013 at 6:55pm
Once again, Bloomberg did not "rationalize a random killing".  That implies he tried to justify the killing which he absolutely did not do.  What he tried to do is reassure the public.  Insensitive is a far cry from " wrong and unacceptable and worthy of condemnation".  If muslims were being murdered every day in the US because of their beliefs then you might have some argument.  For now all you have is a hate crime that should be prosecuted as such.  Don't try to turn it into a national assault on Islam.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.