IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - common misconception regarding Allah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

common misconception regarding Allah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: common misconception regarding Allah
    Posted: 28 December 2012 at 7:30pm
Assalamalecum WA rehmatullahi WA barakhatahu.friends we love and fear Allah and we also say Allah can do anything,based on this fact a TRUE incident took place few days ago,a non Muslim asked a Muslim boy that if Allah can do anything then he can also tell a lie and he can also create a stone which he cannot lift,the boy kept silent simply because of less knowledge regarding Qur'an.in Surah Al Boorj ch 85 v 16 It is mentioned that Allah does only those things which he intends to do.in Surah Al Tahaa ch 20 v 52 it is mentioned that Allah does not lie nor he does wrong things.so friends we should read Qur'an and listen to Islamic lectures regularly in order to answer questions pose to us by non Muslims,for eg few days back I didn't reply,when a non Muslim wished merry Christmas to me,when he asked me I simply gave him a reply based on teachings of Qur'an.Allahfiz
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2012 at 8:31pm
"it is mentioned that Allah does not lie nor he does wrong things"

The quran also says that Allah is the greatest(or best) of deceivers.
How do you resolve this?
and why does allah in the quran condone lying and deception?
When it is clear in the ten commandments given to Moses that lying and deception is a sin?

In Christian belief it is one of the clearest sins to deny Jesus.  Jesus said, 'he that denies Me, he shall be denied by Me at the day of judgement'.  Denying one's faith is said (by Jesus Himself) not to be forgiven.

Thanks for any and all input.  There are passages in the Judeo-Christian scriptures, as well, that those who follow those scriptures must resolve.  All the scriptures have passages that must be resolved.  The most necessary thing is for us to use wisdom to evolve and to find Truth.

Salaam,
CH

Edited by Caringheart - 28 December 2012 at 9:16pm
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 7:15am
Yes U R right that Allah is best of the deceivers but to the unbelievers,those who associate others with Allah,those who do sins,those who do not follow commandments of Allah.for eg Allah says in Surah Anam ch 6 v 159 that hey prophet cut your terms with those sho divide people and i will see them on judgement day,by this verse Allah is deceiving sinners by not giving punishment in this world he will give them on Judgement day.I will give U an example Adolf Hitler killed 6 million Jews and he committed suicide,we all say what a life he lived,he did anything he wanted and then let not others kill him.but Allah says in Surah An Nisa ch 4 v 56 that we will give new skin to the sinners so that they can feel the pain so according to this verse Hitler will feel pain 6 million times on Akhirah,plus Surah Al Ikhlaas ch 112 v 1-4 states that there is no one that can match Allah,so if someone claims to b God and if he lies we Muslims will not accept it as Allah because Surah Al Ikhlaas defines concept of God I.e kulwallah Ul Ahad Allah Us Samad Lamyulid WA lamyulad WA lamya ku lahu kuffuan Ahad.means- say Allah is one,he is eternal,he is neither born nor give birth,there is no one that can match him.Allahfiz
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 3:29pm
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2012 at 9:05pm
Thank you abuayisha,
A most interesting article.
So once again, what matters is what one believes, and how one acts.
Heart
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2012 at 2:09pm
Pondering... the other issue I brought up was not addressed. (taqiya)
How is it that your god says it is ok to deny Him when the God of Jesus says the exact opposite?

NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2013 at 10:22am
Allah never said to deny him,in Qur'an Allah in many places say that he had send many messengers to address people to worship only him and not associate others,he is saying about unbelievers that he will give them severe punishment to them on judgment day,in Surah Al Tahaa ch 20 v 130 Allah orders us to offer Salaah 5 times a day.and for us Muslims and Jesus(pbuh) our God is only one I.e Allah.in Surah Al Imran ch 3 v 52 Jesus(pbuh) addresses to Jews to worship in only one Allah and says we are all Muslims.Also no Muslim is a Muslim if he doesn't respect Jesus(pbuh),we respect him, we love him and rate him one of the best messengers of Allah.Allahfiz

Edited by NABA - 01 January 2013 at 10:38am
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 9:55pm
allah gives them permission to deny the faith if need be. (surah 16:106)

The God of Yeshua never gives such permission, in fact this is the one unforgiveable sin... to deny the Spirit of God.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

34 ... for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

(the words of Yeshua)
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic