IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - So what’s your reason  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So what�s your reason

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2005 at 9:35pm

Why do you come here if you can't answer my question?

U will excuse me someguy, i didnt anyway wanted to come here.But u mocked me(remember 'u dont hv wisdom nor intelligence'?) and I came.

Why aren't you promoting your religion and tell me about some good arguments?

Again, what does it matter to us if u go to hell or heaven?We hv got our own life.Allah says in Quran"....come to common terms between you and us..."and the common term is Allah, or God.I presume, you already believe in God?

Oh wait, you can't, because you ignorantly follow the teachings of Islam.

Ah now, thats touching.And what made u say that?Ever heard of all the scientific facts revealed in Quran 1400 yrs ago?Word repetitions?No?

Same goes to all other people that simply come here, think about my question and then say something like Deus did, as an excuse for yourself.

But Deus is right.You cant expect anyone to start giving u lectures!!Follow what u want, we dont want to convince u.Enjoy ur life!

How exactly do you know that it is THE book?

Ever read it?

It's because many Muslim families produce loads of children compared to other groups of people in western countries, not because civilised people actually convert to Islam.

No, they dont, do they?In fact, here, in these forum only u will get loads of convert.And anyway, what do u mean by civilised and uncivilised people?The both have brains, common sense and all that.Any way, civilised people r the one who dont do things which may harm some one(like stealing, robbery, commit adultery, etc).And uncivilised I believ, are gang members, do bad things.Now, if these uncivilised people convert, then we will not have any proplems as a society, or shall we have?Countries law, which fails to ifluence them, could be influenced by Holy Quran.

"the mooslims! they're heeere!"
LOONWATCH.COM
s0meguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s0meguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2005 at 10:10pm
Thanks, everyone including Angela from the other thread. You've convinced me and I'll read the book at next opportunity. I was planning to do this anyway. If I am convinced I'll come back and tell about my experience, whether you want to hear it or not :).
Dayem View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2005 at 10:18pm
Oh no, we would be delighted to hear bout it, Thanx.
LOONWATCH.COM
ASHI View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASHI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 1:30am

here's a link for u Mr.s0meguy.....do go thru it...

http://www.islam-guide.com/islam-guide.pdf

we r eagerly waiting 2 hear from u..

Edited by ASHI
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 9:37pm

Originally posted by firewall firewall wrote:

i know it's THE book, bcoz i've never read any other book that has such a great effect on me. it makes sense, it makes my life has meaning, makes me a better person.

And so do a lot of other books for other people  does that make those other books THE book also ?

Quote the Islamic ways makes my life strong & grounded. when i was helpless, the verses consoles me & guides the best way. & somehow, it always gives straight answers & judgements to every question in my heart. i don't know how a book does that, but certainly the Quran is a book from Allah.

honestly, i don't really know how to tell you exactly, s0meone. all i can say, i never read other book which impacted my life so greatly. a book that makes life fits in place, with meaning & peace. i truly believe the Quran is from Allah, the guidance for us. Alhamdulillah.

Isn't that subjective, i think that is the term.

THE book, for me doesn't give me that.  

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Dayem View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Isn't that subjective, i think that is the term.

THE book, for me doesn't give me that.  

I believe I know exactly why u dont feel any influence by Qur'an.But its a bit difficult to express in words, but i will try.

Maybe it is because u open quran with the negative thoughts, like ur decided that whatever u shall read will be wrong.Take once again the example of Science book:say,U open it thinking that whatever u read will be nonsense.U will read the facts thinking that its stupid-dupid story.so u wont be influenced by science.

Same could be said for other book also, including Qur'an.

To actually judge a book, one hav to be neutral.So bro.Angel, read Quran this time with neutral mind and then comment.

Thanx,

Dayem.

LOONWATCH.COM
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Dayem Dayem wrote:

I believe I know exactly why u dont feel any influence by Qur'an.But its a bit difficult to express in words, but i will try.

Maybe it is because u open quran with the negative thoughts, like ur decided that whatever u shall read will be wrong.

You couldn't be further away from the truth.

And I'm not a bro

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
hafezabutaleb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafezabutaleb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 12:37am
Truly it is God Alone who if he wills, will bring the clear evidence in his signs, and you shall know them, But if You Deny God and his signs truly God is He Free of All need of his creations Worthy Alone of all praise and gratitude. He guides whom he wills and leads astray whom he wills. and God Has power over all things.God is One. Would you worship besides or with him things that created nothing but were Themselves created. Call on God Alone, Earnestly, Singely,and ask for guidence if you speak the truth. Mankind was but one nation, one deen, one religion, but differed later Had it not Been for the decree of our God, the matter would have certainly been decided between them in respect of that concerning which they disagree. For those who do good is a Good Reward, and more than that. As for those who have earned evil, the punishment of an evil just like it and they shall have none to protect them from God. So Listen or Read By God, I Hope I by Gods Will Could Reveal to you what Knowledge it is God Has Revealed and left for as long as the heavens and the earth remain. Gods Peace be with you
http://www.archive.org/audio/soundblox.php?collection=open so urce_audio&collectionid=HolyQuranSurahChapter2AlBaqu rahT heHeifer

http://www.archive.org/stream/HolyQuranSurahChapter2AlBaqura hTheHeifer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic