IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hello from Louisiana  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHello from Louisiana

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Louisiana
    Posted: 24 December 2012 at 12:11pm
I just registered on this site because I have a legitimate interest in learning more about Islam.  I lived and worked in Iraq for 3 years and also spent a year in Afghanistan - all as a civilian contractor.  I have also been to Jordan and the UAE.

I admit that many of my views on Islam are not positive.  I did not come here to defame anyone or their beliefs.  I just would like to learn more about Islam and gain a better understanding of the faith.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2012 at 8:27pm
Salam/Peace,

Welcoem, hope you enjoy your stay.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
5purplemarbles View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2012 at 5:06pm
La-Niceman welcome and salaam

glad to see you here and welcome any questions you have.  Thank you for wanting to learn more, its always a really unique step.  And as i was many years ago i understand your negative views of Muslims.  Its ok,  the media has done this over a very very long time.

I want to personally tell you that Islam is a religion of peace and love, we care about all people.  Any we never wish to hurt anyone.

So what would you like to know first?

And may I ask, did you have some positive encounters in the middle east with Muslims and what were these experiences?

Also Im very happy that you came here where we are very open and seek to help all people understand Islam and Muslims, even if its for a mutual understanding of each other.  But honestly some of the seekers of knowledge end up on their own loving Islam.

I look forward to your questions and feel free to ask anything you like, no matter if it seems small or funny , please.

Salaam for now

la-niceman View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2013 at 6:58am
Originally posted by 5purplemarbles 5purplemarbles wrote:

La-Niceman welcome and salaam

glad to see you here and welcome any questions you have.  Thank you for wanting to learn more, its always a really unique step.  And as i was many years ago i understand your negative views of Muslims.  Its ok,  the media has done this over a very very long time.

I want to personally tell you that Islam is a religion of peace and love, we care about all people.  Any we never wish to hurt anyone.

So what would you like to know first?

And may I ask, did you have some positive encounters in the middle east with Muslims and what were these experiences?

Also Im very happy that you came here where we are very open and seek to help all people understand Islam and Muslims, even if its for a mutual understanding of each other.  But honestly some of the seekers of knowledge end up on their own loving Islam.

I look forward to your questions and feel free to ask anything you like, no matter if it seems small or funny , please.

Salaam for now

I had a lot of positive encounters with Muslims whilst in the Middle East - especially in Iraq.  I do not doubt that most Muslims are good people who wish to live peacefully. I also know that all Muslims are not as secular as others.

There are many things that disturb me about the faith and I would like to address them with all due respect to you.

My first question is why so many Muslims (around the world) reacted so violently to a very bad film made in America mocking Islam.  Do most Muslims think it is OK to behave this way over a film?  I seriously doubt that you would get that kind of reaction if somebody made a film mocking Jesus Christ.

Thank you in advance for your response.
Hijir View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2013 at 11:44am
    Excuse me for lack of English proficiency,

You look at the Muslims because some of the reactions that come from this bad film about the Prophet Muhammad, even if this is a film about Jesus Christ you would  found these  same reactions???  Bad people did bad things because of this film about Prophet pbuh, so many bad people say they are Muslim or do this for Islam but they are not muslims at all.  This is for the media and to make a problems.

so many muslims be so angry about this film so many crying so mad, but this is not reason for any muslim to kill or cause destruction.  
    You do not know how The Muslimes Love The God And the Prophet Muhammad And the Qur'an.

Muslims love for Allah swt and hate for Allah swt,
    Muslims Love theGod, Quran, and the Prophet pbuh.

When some people make a movie thats bad about any of the Prophets,  this is when Muslims draw the line!!!!

Muslims believe in all the prophets and they are the purest of God's creation and the best of God's creation and the greatest and most honorable is Mohammed pbuh.
    We will not allow anyone to insult one of the Prophets.

There is always people in the World who hurt or kill or destroy  in the name of religion, whether in Judaism or Christianity or Islam and if you read about Islam you will
    find that killing and  vandalizing and destroying something has nothing to do with Islam.  Islam is innocent of it because Islam came to seal all religions and put laws and transactions and puts facts to the false words uttered by others about God.  Also to help others to understand how people have distorted the book of God swt.
    Islam came to put the facts and balances.

Allah Said In Quran

Say, "Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited to you. [He commands] that you not associate anything with Him, and to parents, good treatment, and do not kill your children out of poverty; We will provide for you and them. And do not approach immoralities - what is apparent of them and what is concealed. And do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden [to be killed] except by [legal] right. This has He instructed you that you may use reason."

And do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden, except by right. And whoever is killed unjustly - We have given his heir authority, but let him not exceed limits in [the matter of] taking life. Indeed, he has been supported [by the law].

And those who do not invoke with Allah another deity or kill the soul which Allah has forbidden [to be killed], except by right, and do not commit unlawful sexual intercourse. And whoever should do that will meet a penalty.

So by mercy from Allah , [O Muhammad], you were lenient with them. And if you had been rude [in speech] and harsh in heart, they would have disbanded from about you. So pardon them and ask forgiveness for them and consult them in the matter. And when you have decided, then rely upon Allah . Indeed, Allah loves those who rely [upon Him].

That home of the Hereafter We assign to those who do not desire exaltedness upon the earth or corruption. And the [best] outcome is for the righteous.

And not equal are the good deed and the bad. Repel [evil] by that [deed] which is better; and thereupon the one whom between you and him is enmity [will become] as though he was a devoted friend.

Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment,

i hope u got it
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2013 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Hijir Hijir wrote:

Muslims believe in all the prophets and they are the purest of God's creation and the best of God's creation and the greatest and most honorable is Mohammed pbuh.
    We will not allow anyone to insult one of the Prophets.

Greetings Hijir,

I appreciate your answer and that you believe what you say, but if you will permit me, let us consider... 

You give the pc answer, the thing you have been taught... that you treat all prophets the same. However, there have been many that mock Jesus and I have never seen a muslim uprising over it, never anything like what occurs when anyone has a question, a doubt, or has a disagreement with, anything regarding Muhammad.   Muslim reactions reveal how much they treat Muhammad as if he were their god.

Originally posted by Hijir Hijir wrote:

Islam came to put the facts and balances.

Allah Said In Quran

Say, "Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited to you. [He commands] that you not associate anything with Him, and to parents, good treatment, and do not kill your children out of poverty; We will provide for you and them. And do not approach immoralities - what is apparent of them and what is concealed. And do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden [to be killed] except by [legal] right. This has He instructed you that you may use reason."

And do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden, except by right. And whoever is killed unjustly - We have given his heir authority, but let him not exceed limits in [the matter of] taking life. Indeed, he has been supported [by the law].

And those who do not invoke with Allah another deity or kill the soul which Allah has forbidden [to be killed], except by right,... (?) 

except by right?

I wonder if you can see how imposible it is to follow Muhammad's teaching since he puts qualifiers on everything.

You must not do this, but only if...

You must do this, but it is allowed not to if...

To use an expression, 'Muhammad speaks out of both sides of his mouth'.

One can always pick and choose what to follow.

My God is not ambiguous.

Muhammad's teaching only worked while Muhammad was alive and in control, because Muhammad's teaching continually changed to fit his purposes, his circumstances.  This is how I see Muhammad.  Leader for his people for a time, but not a prophet for all time.

Salaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 05 January 2013 at 11:23am
Hijir View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2013 at 1:18pm
first iam not perfect in English iam use Google translate  i will Answer you From the Quran ....and there is video i hope u see it :)
i hope you read it All.....i hope you read it All
Muslims do not worship except Allah
Do not worship prophets or  righteous or any person
the Muslims Loves  the prophets and believe them all

Allah Said In Quran  ( A ozo bellah Mn AL Shaytan AL Rageem )

Then do they not reflect upon the Qur'an? If it had been from [any] other than Allah , they would have found within it much contradiction............

To Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth. Whether you show what is within yourselves or conceal it, Allah will bring you to account for it. Then He will forgive whom He wills and punish whom He wills, and Allah is over all things competent.

He is Allah , other than whom there is no deity, Knower of the unseen and the witnessed. He is the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.

He is Allah , other than whom there is no deity, the Sovereign, the Pure, the Perfection, the Bestower of Faith, the Overseer, the Exalted in Might, the Compeller, the Superior. Exalted is Allah above whatever they associate with Him.
He is Allah , the Creator, the Inventor, the Fashioner; to Him belong the best names. Whatever is in the heavens and earth is exalting Him. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

Muhammad is not but a messenger. [Other] messengers have passed on before him. So if he was to die or be killed, would you turn back on your heels [to unbelief]? And he who turns back on his heels will never harm Allah at all; but Allah will reward the grateful.

Muhammad is not the father of [any] one of your men, but [he is] the Messenger of Allah and last of the prophets. And ever is Allah , of all things, Knowing.

And those who believe and do righteous deeds and believe in what has been sent down upon Muhammad - and it is the truth from their Lord - He will remove from them their misdeeds and amend their condition.

Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah ; and those with him are forceful against the disbelievers, merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and prostrating [in prayer], seeking bounty from Allah and [His] pleasure. Their mark is on their faces from the trace of prostration. That is their description in the Torah. And their description in the Gospel is as a plant which produces its offshoots and strengthens them so they grow firm and stand upon their stalks, delighting the sowers - so that Allah may enrage by them the disbelievers. Allah has promised those who believe and do righteous deeds among them forgiveness and a great reward.

The Messenger has believed in what was revealed to him from his Lord, and [so have] the believers. All of them have believed in Allah and His angels and His books and His messengers, [saying], "We make no distinction between any of His messengers." And they say, "We hear and we obey. [We seek] Your forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the [final] destination."

If your study about the Prophet Muhammad and came up with Small  results, this is your fault and your  ignorance of the Islamic religion and I suppose you did not read a lot about Islam or the Prophet Muhammad
I do not care what you say or what you studied, because you will not be like those people  who Honor their great and their imprint on history
Hear what the Great men Said  About the Prophet Muhammad PBUH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5xA9zLZoU4

Allah's Apostle said, "My similitude in comparison with the other prophets before me, is that of a man who has built a house nicely and beautifully, except for a place of one brick in a corner. The people go about it and wonder at its beauty, but say: 'Would that this brick be put in its place!' So I am that brick, and I am the last of the Prophets."

that the Prophet said: �The best of supplication is the supplication of the Day of Arafah. and the best of what I and the Prophet before me have said is: None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, Alone, without partner, to Him belongs all that exists, and to Him belongs the Praise, and He is powerful over all things

that the Prophet (pbuh) heard some sounds and said: �What is this noise?� They said: �Palm trees that are being pollinated.� He said: �If they did not do that it would be better.� So they did not pollinate them that year, and the dates did not mature properly. they mentioned that to the Prophet (SAW) and he said: �If it is one of the matters of your religion, then refer to me

the Prophet Said (pbuh)  "Do not exaggerate in praising me as the Christians praised the son of Mary, for I am only a Slave. So, call me the Slave of Allah and His Apostle.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic