IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - difference between paigambar, nabi and rasool  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

difference between paigambar, nabi and rasool

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usama7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: difference between paigambar, nabi and rasool
    Posted: 21 December 2012 at 8:22pm
Asalam o alikum...!
i am usama from Faisalabad Pakistan and i am doing BS(it).
please explain to me the difference between paigambar, nabi and rasool. and also give solid reference, I'll be thankful to u.
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 5:17pm
Walaikum assalam w arahmatullah,

Paighambar is an urdu word which am not very sure if it better translates as Rasul or nabi. I'd leave that for someone else to clarify.

Basically you are asking the difference between a nabi and a rasul, ie a prophet and a messenger.

taken from seekersguidance Q&A section:
http://seekersguidance.org/ans-blog/2012/03/28/is-our-master-muhammad-allah-bless-him-and-give-him-peace-the-last-messenger-or-the-last-prophet/

The Difference between a Prophet (nabi) and a Messenger (rasul)

In his commentary on the famous text of Sunni creed Jawhara al-Tawhid, Imam al-Bajuri provides useful definitions of the terms you asked about in your first question.

He defines a prophet (nabi) as a human being who is �free from all repulsive qualities, [and] given a revealed law that he enacts, even if he was not commanded to spread it.�

In contrast, Imam al-Bajuri defines a messenger (rasul) as someone who has the qualities of a prophet �but with the additional stipulation [of him being] commanded to spread [his message].�

In other words, the main difference between a prophet and a messenger pertains to spreading the revealed message (tabligh): messengers only include those commanded to spread the revelation they receive, while prophets include both those who received that command and those who didn�t. This means, as Imam al-Bajuri explains, that �every messenger is a prophet, but not vice-versa.�

[Bajuri, Tuhfat al-Murid `ala Jawharat at-Tawhid]

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Iqra101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iqra101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 5:52pm
Nausheen has given a great definition to the differences, but to better understand this you should be willing to read the Quran and its Translation to better yourself in learning and explaining to others.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic