IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - common mistakes committed by Muslims  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

common mistakes committed by Muslims

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: common mistakes committed by Muslims
    Posted: 20 December 2012 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

moreover I want to add that Hazrat Isa(pbuh) advised people of Israel to worship only Allah and said that he Is a muslim(Surah Al Imran ch 3 v 52),hence wishing merry Christmas is shirk.

Please note that our beloved prophet (sallallahu alaihe wasallam) fasted on Ashura because the jews fast on that day. And he said, we are closer to Musa (alaihe salaam) than the jews, thus we will observe this fast. Yet to distinguish this practice from the jews he fasted on 9th and 10th.

Jews have deviated from the teachings of Musa (alaihe salam) in many respects, but this did not prevent our prophet (sallallahu alaihe wasallam) to observe fast on ashura.

Had the exact birth of Isa alaihe salam known to him, allahu alam, he might have commemorated it in a form of worshipful act. So, commemoration of special dates connected with Isa alaihe salam cannot be shirk coz he is a muslim - the only problem is that we do not know those dates so we do not celebrate them

- my humble opinion only.

Edited by Nausheen - 20 December 2012 at 7:05pm
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2012 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

Walecum As Salam,look if you had read Qur'an carefully it is clearly mentioned in Surah Al Nisa ch 4 v 157 and v 158 that hazrat Isa(pbuh) was not crucified,he was raised up alive by Allah,this is the biggest difference in the belief of Muslims and christians,so how could one Muslim deny this fact by wishing Merry Christmas,moreover Surah Al Mariyam ch 19 v 88 states that christians had said That Allah has given birth to begotten son,which Allah mentioned,it is the biggest abusive word to him,so if U believe in Allah how could U abuse your creator in addition wishing happy diwali is not shirk because U have to observe the meaning of those words diwali means festival of lights,so wishing diwali doesn't mean that I believe in ram,if U say merry Christmas U R directly going against Qur'an as I quoted from the verse above.if U say namaste means U R bowing down in front of the person.so U have to observe the meaning of those words,it is not easy doing dawah(giving message of Islam to non Muslims)in India because it is a very sensitive place,hence for their momentary pleasure just say congratulations to them instead of happy diwali,because this is the thing I do,yet MashAllah most non Muslims believe in me even more than their relatives.i say congratulations not happy janmashthami,happy holy etc.Allahfiz

Brother Naba, Assalamualaikum.

Thank you for your response. May Allah reward you for your dawah work in India. Im from India and understand the challenges of inter-religious dialogues.

You see, I agree with every portion of information you've shared, yet the links and conclusions your draw are difficult to grasp.

If we say 'happy birthday' to someone, I don't think it means we are acknowledging he is the son of so-n-so. In this wish we are just congratulating him on the occasion of his birth - whosoever's son this person may be.

Another point, the difference of crucification is regarding his leaving this earth, not coming into it, while christmas is about him coming into the earth, so I fail to see the connection between christmas and crucification.

Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion and I will not stop you from refraining if you wish to. Just wanted to understand the basis behind your action - so thank you for explaining.

barak Allahu feek!

[/COLOR]
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2012 at 7:36am
moreover I want to add that Hazrat Isa(pbuh) advised people of Israel to worship only Allah and said that he Is a muslim(Surah Al Imran ch 3 v 52),hence wishing merry Christmas is shirk.
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2012 at 7:19am
Walecum As Salam,look if you had read Qur'an carefully it is clearly mentioned in Surah Al Nisa ch 4 v 157 and v 158 that hazrat Isa(pbuh) was not crucified,he was raised up alive by Allah,this is the biggest difference in the belief of Muslims and christians,so how could one Muslim deny this fact by wishing Merry Christmas,moreover Surah Al Mariyam ch 19 v 88 states that christians had said That Allah has given birth to begotten son,which Allah mentioned,it is the biggest abusive word to him,so if U believe in Allah how could U abuse your creator in addition wishing happy diwali is not shirk because U have to observe the meaning of those words diwali means festival of lights,so wishing diwali doesn't mean that I believe in ram,if U say merry Christmas U R directly going against Qur'an as I quoted from the verse above.if U say namaste means U R bowing down in front of the person.so U have to observe the meaning of those words,it is not easy doing dawah(giving message of Islam to non Muslims)in India because it is a very sensitive place,hence for their momentary pleasure just say congratulations to them instead of happy diwali,because this is the thing I do,yet MashAllah most non Muslims believe in me even more than their relatives.i say congratulations not happy janmashthami,happy holy etc.Allahfiz
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2012 at 12:04am
Originally posted by aka2x2 aka2x2 wrote:

Saying "Merry Christmas" is not the same as "...giving shahadah that Allah has given birth to begotten son on 25th December..." and it is not code for Shirk...

Thanx. Even I thought its another shirk-paranoia.

Two words: Haram and shirk always make me wonder where they are originating from.

[/COLOR]
aka2x2 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 9:18pm
Saying "Merry Christmas" is not the same as "...giving shahadah that Allah has given birth to begotten son on 25th December..." and it is not code for Shirk...
Respectfully
aka2x2
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 8:21pm
Assalamualiakum NABA,

I know that shirk is the worst sin in islam. I also know that shirk means associating partners with Allah.

At the same time I know there are several things people are paranoid about calling it shirk - understand that prasad is an offering to a deity besides Allah, thus haram.

Can you please explain how wishing 'merry christmas' amounts to shirk.

Would you say that wishing Happy Diwaly or Happy holi will also be shirk.
What about janmashtami? Not sure if anyone would wish janmashtami to anyone and if so how ... would you please explain.

jazak Allahu khair

[/COLOR]
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2012 at 5:04pm
Greetings NABA,
I respect your view also. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic