IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Speed Of The God's Affair And The Angels  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Speed Of The God's Affair And The Angels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Speed Of The God's Affair And The Angels
    Posted: 19 January 2013 at 8:01pm
Reepicheep, you start out with this statement in the Quran

He rules (all) affairs from the heavens to the earth: in the end will (all affairs) go up to Him, on a Day, the space whereof will be (as) a thousand years of your reckoning.  Surah 32:5

and then go on to discuss how a calculation for the speed of light can possibly, maybe, sort of be reached from this statement.  I defy you to find me an Imam that will define this statement to have some possible calculation of the speed of light in it.  The only way to reach these conclusions from three short sentences is to twist and distort their original meaning to their absolute breaking point and beyond.

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2013 at 2:50pm
Anas bin Malik and Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Messenger of Allah would say:

اللهم إني أعوذ بك من علم لا ينفع ومن قلب لا يخشع ومن دعاء لا يسمع ومن نفس لا تشبع

ِAllahumma inni a'udhu bika min 'ilmin la yanfa' wa min qalbin ya yakhsha' wa min du'a'in la yusma' wa min nafsin la tashba'

"O Allah! I seek refuge with You from knowledge that does not benefit, and from a heart that is not subdued and humble, and from a supplication that is not heard, and from a self that is not satisfied."

And he would then say: "O Allah! I seek refuge with You from these four things."

[Reported by an-Nasa'i (5470, 5536 & 5537) and Abu Dawud (1548), and it is sahih]
Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2013 at 1:54pm
schmikbob wrote: And your point here is what exactly, besides the US faked the moon landings???

Believe it or not, there is actually something mildly interesting buried within the gobblygook. 

The basic claim is that, using a particular verse in the koran, it is possible to calculate the speed of light as being:

299792.5 km/sec

The most accurate values for the speed of light that science can come up with are:

US National Bureau of Standards:  299792.4574 +/- 0.0011 km/sec

British National Physical Laboratory: 299792.4590 +/- 0.0008 km/s

So, the conclusion is that the value for the speed of light, as given in the koran, is accurate to within approximately 0.04 km/sec of the current, best scientific values.

The logic behind this calculation can be found in many places on the web, including the following webpage on the Islamicity website:

A couple of years ago I was sufficiently curious about the calculation that I actually followed the equations through to the end (I started out my university education in Honours Physics, before I came to my senses and switched to computer science).  The basic argument starts with the following verse from the koran:

He rules (all) affairs from the heavens to the earth: in the end will (all affairs) go up to Him, on a Day, the space whereof will be (as) a thousand years of your reckoning.  Surah 32:5

From this verse, the following statement is derived:

The distance light travels in one day is equal to the distance the moon travels in 1000 years.

Through some convoluted logic which is more or less valid, the author of the document succeeds in coming up with a value for the speed of light which is around 10% higher than the actual speed of light (i.e, the author proves, more or less, that the distance the moon travels in 900 years is approximately equal to the distance light travels in one day).

OK, fine.  This is a mildly interesting result, but certainly not miraculous.  Even though the author had to "bend" the truth in order to make his result that close, he didn't "break" the truth.

To make the calculation miraculous, the author then proceeds to introduce a "correction" term which he claims is needed due to the "2nd postulate of special relativity".  This correction term is (according to him):

cos 26.92848 = 0.89157

By introducing this "correction", the value for the speed of light as given in the koran becomes exact.

The entire calculation is nonsense, of course, but at least it is entertaining nonsense.  There are many, many rebuttals to this calculation on the web; a google search for SPEED OF LIGHT KORAN will bring up many of them.

Edited by Reepicheep - 19 January 2013 at 1:57pm
TSontani View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSontani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 6:30pm

My point was just try to explain the difference between the term of a day in QS 32:5 and QS 70:4 by comparing the terms of a day at the Moon and at the Venus. When I searched for the time length of a day at the Moon and at the Venus, fortunately I found interesting articles that are about the human landing on the moon and the speed of light.

Wassalaam

schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 12:58pm
And your point here is what exactly, besides the US faked the moon landings???
TSontani View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSontani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2012 at 10:44pm

Assalamu�alaikum Warakhmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

When I tried to answer the statement that Qur�an inconsistant, one of which is between

a.     Surah 32 (As Sajdah/ The Prostration), Verse 5:

He directs the whole affair from heaven to earth, then (this affair) ascend to Him in a day which the measure is a thousand years of your reckoning.

b.     Surah 70 (Al-Ma`ārij/The Ascending Stairways), Verse 4:

The Angels and Jibril/Gabriel ascend (facing) to God in a day whereof fifty thousand years.

The answer that I have planned is:

• Neil Armstrong, an United States Astronaut in July 1969 landed on the Moon during the day whereof was 27.321661 twenty seven point three two one six six one days to the calculations of the inhabitants of the Earth. Astronaut Neil Armstrong was a pride of the United States, because he was the first to land on the Moon and deliver United States outperformed the Soviet Union as its competitors. But on youtube a lot with all the analysis stated that these events are just a figment of the thumb. Until now I still don't believe that NASA, which became the reference of many scientists lying?
  •  The space agencies of other countries are planning a manned mission to land on Venus, the planet of the levels of the day, is the same as the day of reckoning -243.0187 the Earth. Minus as a sign that Venus rotates clockwise  direction. And it turns out planet Venus is not beautiful woman like the goddess Venus that was depicted by the master art in the past, Venus is the planet of death.

But when googling to get the period day of the planets in the Solar system, accidentally I even found the article "A New Astronomical Quranic Method for The Determination Of The Greatest Speed C" paper of mr. Hassan Hassab-Elnaby,  Ph.D. (http://www.islamicity.org/Science/960703A.HTM), a Physics experts from Egypt. Assalaamu�alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Prof, may God bless You and thankyou for the articles.

From the results of His analysis and calculations, then the speed of the "Affair" in the above Qur�an Surah 32 Verse 5 is equal to the speed of light or equal to 299792.5 km/second. Try to compare with:

• C = 299792.4574 + 0.0011 km/sec = speed of light measurement results of "US National Bureau of Standards".
  • C = 299792.4590 + 0.0008 km/sec = speed of light measurement results of "The British National Physical Laboratory".

But in my opinion mr. Mansour Hassan Hassab-Elnaby, Ph.D. has tended to adjust the speed of the "Affair" with the speed of light human measurement results. Due to travel to the Sun it takes 500 seconds or about 8.34 minutes, sorry it�s too slow.

If my understanding of the "affair" was synonymous with "data" that can be either command/message/information/control or anything that is currently shipped by first converted into electromagnetic signal was true. Then the speed of the "affair" is more or less = 29.5 x 12 x 1000 x the speed of light = 354,000 x the speed of light/electromagnetic.  It's very far from the reach of the human brain at the time, so now I understand why the Prophet Muhammad having high fever every receive revelation of God. In that era, the speed of the "affair" is equal to the speed of a horse or as fastest as the speed of the Dove.

Ouch I so shaking, because the speed of the Angels and Angel Gabriel = 50 x 354,000 speed of light = 17,700,000 x the speed of light. Please conclude for yourself, the Angels with his or her wings as depicted by the art masters at the time even until now able to fly that fast.

Wassalaam.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic