IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 27 People Dead, Mostly Children  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

27 People Dead, Mostly Children

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nospam001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2012 at 7:39pm

Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

What is the base of the Agnostics?
Cool-headed secular thinking doesn't provide a lot of comfort at times like this.

I wish I could be convinced that it is all the work of Satan and therefore my kids will be ok as long as we do enough to please God.  Or that it is another example of God simply choosing not to intervene, in order to test people's faith and lead more of us astray, as an example to the rest.

But I can't.

Instead, sadly, I feel obliged to accept that there are some very disturbed people with easy access to military assault rifles. And that's all it takes. Supernatural 'forces of evil' are not required.

How those persons get to be so disturbed is a question I'm not qualified to answer. But I bet there would have been many similar massacres in the US and elsewhere, which have not hit the news headlines for the simple reason that they did not eventuate - thanks to appropriate and timely actions by families, neighbours and community workers, including police, teachers and psychologists. Yes, priests and imams too. But probably not too many politicians, media barons or firearms dealers.

Don't get me wrong. I agree that this is the right time for Americans to press for gun control, but tough legislation by itself cannot be 'the' solution. The Australian experience after Port Arthur seems to have raised unrealistic hopes, in that the number of unregistered weapons in circulation here in 1996 was nothing compared to the USA now.

Edited by nospam001 - 16 December 2012 at 11:23pm
God has the right to remain silent. For His advocates, however, each resigned shrug is a missed opportunity to win new converts.
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2012 at 9:42pm
Assalamu alaika Caringheart.

How can there be awareness without education? Please explain.

Friendship.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2012 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by nospam001 nospam001 wrote:

I wish I could be convinced that it is all the work of Satan and therefore my kids will be ok as long as we do enough to please God.  Or that it is another example of God simply choosing not to intervene, in order to test people's faith and lead more of us astray, as an example to the rest.

The trouble is that too many people view God like a santa, or a genie that grants wishes and sweeps away troubles.  What defeats evil is when people choose to follow God's ways.  It is in people that God manifests, and when they do not seek God then evil has its foothold in the void.  This is what all people do not see.  This is what God means when He says they have 'eyes to see but do not'.  They have 'ears to hear and yet they are deaf'... deaf to God's Word and what it means.  People have set themselves up as god's instead, believing in themselves... 'there is a way that seems right to man but in the end is death', and 'in their wisdom they became fools'.  It's all there in God's Word if people would open their eyes and ears... if people would seek... 'if they would turn and seek My face'...  God will only be able to defeat evil when people seek Him and His ways... When the world will turn from its own ways and seek God.
     'It is not possible to serve God and the world for if he serves one he will hate the other.'
When they serve God they will take care of each other, and when they begin to take care of each other they will be serving God.
     'whatever you did for the least of these, you did for Me, and whenever you did not do for the least of them, you did not for Me'.
     'Greater Love has no man than this, but that he lay down his life for another'
     ��Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.� 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: �Love your neighbor as yourself.� 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.�
It's all in there.
It is this that will defeat evil... when people start serving their higher purpose.

It's not about pleasing God... it's about God gives us His Word because by following it we protect ourselves.

Peace and blessings,
CH

Edited by Caringheart - 16 December 2012 at 11:09pm
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2012 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

The trouble is that too many people view God like a santa, or a genie that grants wishes and sweeps away troubles.� What defeats evil is when people choose to follow God's ways.� It is in people that God manifests, and when they do not seek God then evil has its foothold in the void.� This is what all people do not see.� This is what God means when He says they have 'eyes to see but do not'.� They have 'ears to hear and yet they are deaf'... deaf to God's Word and what it means.� People have set themselves up as god's instead, believing in themselves... 'there is a way that seems right to man but in the end is death', and 'in their wisdom they became fools'.� It's all there in God's Word if people would open their eyes and ears... if people would seek... 'if they would turn and seek My face'...� God will only be able to defeat evil when people seek Him and His ways... When the world will turn from its own ways and seek God.     'It is not possible to serve God and the world for if he serves one he will hate the other.'When they serve God they will take care of each other, and when they begin to take care of each other they will be serving God.     'whatever you did for the least of these, you did for Me, and whenever you did not do for the least of them, you did not for Me'.     'Greater Love has no man than this, but that he lay down his life for another'     ��Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.� 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: �Love your neighbor as yourself.� 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.�It's all in there.It is this that will defeat evil... when people start serving their higher purpose.It's not about pleasing God... it's about God gives us His Word because by following it we protect ourselves.Peace and blessings,CH

Greetings Caringheart,

Thank you for this post. Have followed your message on this thread. Its like a faint voice in the cacophony.

'If they would turn and seek my face'

The Quran says, on the day of judgement people will be sorted in three groups. One of these groups will be those of highest success - they will be the ones who sought His countenance.

I have further questions on this subject ... shall we move to interfaith :)
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2012 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Greetings Caringheart,

Thank you for this post. Have followed your message on this thread. Its like a faint voice in the cacophony.

'If they would turn and seek my face'

The Quran says, on the day of judgement people will be sorted in three groups. One of these groups will be those of highest success - they will be the ones who sought His countenance.

I have further questions on this subject ... shall we move to interfaith :)

Greetings Nausheen,

Thank you too, what a needed breath of fresh air you are to me also.
"shall we move to interfaith :)"
My first thought was, "sure"... my next thought was, "where are we?"  LOL

Blessings to you,
CH

Edited by Caringheart - 17 December 2012 at 12:46pm
nospam001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nospam001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2012 at 2:28pm

The trouble is that too many people view God like a santa, or a genie that grants wishes and sweeps away troubles.

My copies of the Bible and the Qur'an are both overflowing with vivid descriptions of heaven and hell, pleasure and pain, angels and demons.  It seems that only an elite few are able to see beyond all those blatant appeals to self-interest. Is God seeking to limit the number of valid 'entry tickets'? Why?

God has the right to remain silent. For His advocates, however, each resigned shrug is a missed opportunity to win new converts.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2012 at 7:23pm
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2012 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by nospam001 nospam001 wrote:

The trouble is that too many people view God like a santa, or a genie that grants wishes and sweeps away troubles.
My copies of the Bible and the Qur'an are both overflowing with vivid descriptions of heaven and hell, pleasure and pain, angels and demons.� It seems that only an elite few are able to see beyond all those blatant appeals to self-interest. Is God seeking to limit the number of valid 'entry tickets'? Why?

Surah Waqiyah says that the 'entry tickets' are given to a large number of the former people, and a few of later times:'ثُلَّةٌ من الأوَّلين و قليلٌ مِن الأخِرين'

Sahih International56:8-15
And you become [of] three kinds:

Then the companions of the right - what are the companions of the right?

And the companions of the left - what are the companions of the left?

And the forerunners, the forerunners -

Those are the ones brought near [to Allah ]

In the Gardens of Pleasure,

A [large] company of the former peoples

And a few of the later peoples,
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic