IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 27 People Dead, Mostly Children  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

27 People Dead, Mostly Children

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 27 People Dead, Mostly Children
    Posted: 16 January 2013 at 5:36am
I hope Obama will succeed with his decree.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Idil View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Idil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2012 at 2:51pm
This was a very sad case and cannot comprehend how someone would even target children the age of 6-7. It is time though for America to rethink its gun laws. Over here in the UK, even the police don`t have a gun. When individuals can get ease access to gun sometimes the unthinkable takes place and for this reason we should most definitely limit the ease of access.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by nospam001 nospam001 wrote:

Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

I follow the new testament... the new covenant scriptures and not the old...
I gather you're not referring to the apocalyptic passages in Gospel and detailed in the Book of Revelation.Evil%20Smile
Quote God tells us in the scriptures that He 'will do a new thing' and this new thing is, He sends to us Jesus, to lead us to Him through Love.
That's another thing I don't understand: how an infallible all-knowing God might find Himself in the rather awkward situation of wanting to retract or amend anything. Ever. For Christians, what is it that makes blood-curdling wrathfulness best for one ancient desert society but not for another? For Muslims, why the need to abrogate or clarify what was revealed only a few years earlier, through the very same Prophet? Human laws often adapt in response to unanticipated events, but why would divine law need to evolve in the same way?

Hi nospam,

Good points.
My understanding of revelation is that it will be humans who are wreaking havoc and destruction upon one another, not God.
I will probably have to go back to reading Revelation again. Stern%20Smile
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 1:51pm
Assalamu alaika Semar.

I just saw your thread.
You are saying so because you want to play and ridicule Muhammad. Muhammad at the age of 15 years participated in the battle of Buath where he collected arrows.  He said later: Whenever I remember the Buath war, I regret participating and collecting arrows.
Muhammad never held a sword, but only a knife he slaughtered his camels during the pilgrimage. Umar, Abubakar never fought with a sword in any battle. In the battle of Badr and other battles Ali depended Islam which is a simplified written and oral law of Moses. If the children of Israel fought, Muhammad must do so.
The battles fought by them were on necessity. They ran away to Madina and were pursued. What do you want them to do? Please let us me matured and tell the truth.

Friendship.

nospam001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nospam001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 1:30pm

Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

I follow the new testament... the new covenant scriptures and not the old...
I gather you're not referring to the apocalyptic passages in Gospel and detailed in the Book of Revelation.Evil%20Smile
Quote God tells us in the scriptures that He 'will do a new thing' and this new thing is, He sends to us Jesus, to lead us to Him through Love.
That's another thing I don't understand: how an infallible all-knowing God might find Himself in the rather awkward situation of wanting to retract or amend anything. Ever. For Christians, what is it that makes blood-curdling wrathfulness best for one ancient desert society but not for another? For Muslims, why the need to abrogate or clarify what was revealed only a few years earlier, through the very same Prophet? Human laws often adapt in response to unanticipated events, but why would divine law need to evolve in the same way?

God has the right to remain silent. For His advocates, however, each resigned shrug is a missed opportunity to win new converts.
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 11:24am
Assalamu alaika Nospam001.

I am an epidemiologist and Muhammad Rasullah has already given the statistics: Out of every 1000 only one will get his ticket to paradise.
Do you know the reason? Read ISBN 1468070444.
But we are disagreeing even in this very thread? I referred to Torah, the Islam of Moses while you do not have a base?

Friendship.
nospam001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nospam001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 12:48am

Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

why should we then be disagreeing with one  another?
I'm not sure that we are, at least not in this thread.

I used the word 'tiny' in a relative sense. My main point is that  the estimated likelihood of a randomly selected Believer 'earning a ticket to Paradise' has diminished by a lot during the last few millennia. What we cannot measure is whether it's fallen from 50% to 10%, say, or from 5% to 0.00001%.

I'm not an epidemiologist, but the math involved is quite straightforward - enough that the question 'why' immediately springs to mind.

God has the right to remain silent. For His advocates, however, each resigned shrug is a missed opportunity to win new converts.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2012 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by nospam001 nospam001 wrote:

Given that Abrahamic scripture does present many 'vivid descriptions of heaven and hell' (and I doubt anyone would pretend otherwise), surely these verses are meant to appeal to our most selfish motives, namely the desire for pleasure and fear of pain. It seems the author/s were willing to adopt 'the devil's tactics', albeit for a good cause.

Hi nospam001,

Without taking alot of time to delve into it...
this is why I am always saying that I follow the new testament... the new covenant scriptures and not the old.  God tells us in the scriptures that He 'will do a new thing' and this new thing is, He sends to us Jesus, to lead us to Him through Love.  I do not believe Jesus preached to a selfish nature.  Jesus was disturbed with His disciples when He found them arguing over who would have the best position in heaven.  They were missing the whole point of His message.

CH

I still like the name... makes me laugh now when I type it.  Big%20smile

Edited by Caringheart - 18 December 2012 at 4:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic