IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Faith/Doctrine/Practice  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Faith/Doctrine/Practice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Faith/Doctrine/Practice
    Posted: 10 December 2012 at 2:12pm
Assalamu alaikum.

Muhammad's way of life known as his Sunna or practice was never limited to his followers, for if all do not join hand the world will never be at peace. To those who love accusing Muhammad of learning or copying from those who called themselves 'Christians' his way of life, that is not a far fetched assumption provided that way of life is what is confirmed from those 'Christians'  who followed him.
I was reading today from an 'Arabic book -Tabaqat Kabir- that a Sahaba named 'Amir bin Shahr Hamdaanii heard he holy apostle telling a delegate: Fear Allah (obey Allah) and pay attention to what the Quraysh tell you and follow their examples. I became convinced with what he said  and I decided to see Negus, king of Abysinia, a trusted friend. When I was with Negus, one of his young sons came and set with us. Negus gave him a tablet and read from it. I laughed. Negus asked me why I laughed. I said, I laughed because of what I heard your son reading. Negus said, "I swear by Allah that is what Allah revealed to Jesus son of Maryam. Certainly the displeasure of Allah is on that civilization appointing the young as their leaders." I then recall hearing the same from the holy apostle.
The problem the world is experiencing is as a result of the behavior and practice of the followers of Muhammad in disbelieving what Allah revealed to  Jesus son of Maryam by appointing young, illiterate and inexperienced to responsible positions. When Muhammad died, Abubakr Siddiq was appointed the Caliph of Muhammad Rasulullah. He was 60 years then. I want the Christians to ponder on the assumed understanding of those who called themselves 'Shiites' that Ali ibn Abi Talib was the one to be appointed as the leader of the Muslim Umma. Ali then was barely 33 years old- the age of Jesus at his leaving the world.  Why not say that Muhammad Rasulullah followed the teaching of Jesus son of Maryam in recommending the appointment of Abubakr as his successor? 
What does one gain by giving a deaf ear to the truth? Those who like to take  pleasure in creating discord and hatred are hereby called to be factual and disprove this incident reported by Muslim historians. Why are such incidents and evidences absent from historical books written by Christians? If the followers of Muhammad were to be partisan and selfish, could such historical events be available today?
Let us be bi-partisan in seeking the common good for our own good. Why is it that the Western world is dealing with such Muslim countries? Is the West then not behind terrorism and our socioeconomic downturn?

Friendship.

Edited by Friendship - 10 December 2012 at 2:16pm
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2012 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

a Sahaba named 'Amir bin Shahr Hamdaanii heard he holy apostle telling a delegate: Fear Allah (obey Allah) and pay attention to what the Quraysh tell you and follow their examples. I became convinced with what he said  and I decided to see Negus, king of Abysinia, a trusted friend. When I was with Negus, one of his young sons came and set with us. Negus gave him a tablet and read from it. I laughed. Negus asked me why I laughed. I said, I laughed because of what I heard your son reading. Negus said, "I swear by Allah that is what Allah revealed to Jesus son of Maryam. Certainly the displeasure of Allah is on that civilization appointing the young as their leaders." I then recall hearing the same from the holy apostle.
The problem the world is experiencing is as a result of the behavior and practice of the followers of Muhammad in disbelieving what Allah revealed to  Jesus son of Maryam by appointing young, illiterate and inexperienced to responsible positions.

Bro, I know your direction in this post but I just want to add something else.

Long time ago I made an arrangement to have a debate with Christian missionaries, and back then I almost knew nothing about Christian doctrines other than whats in the known Bible. My friend who heard of my new adventure tried to help me by giving a GOB book (Gospel of Barnabas). He said I would chew those pricks easily with that most convincing proof, the GOB. I read that book few times and I highlight quite few text that I thought were important.

Finally that moment of truth arrived they were in my place to have a mighty debate. In no time I start the firing, with the GOB ammo. You know what was their reply? "We don't belief that book". Oh boy, I have wasted my precious time reading a book that is supposedly Christian gospel, yet it is the muslims that constantly insisting that it is the Gospel.

I have learned my lesson, and experience is still my best teacher.
Salaamu alaikum.

Edited by nothing - 10 December 2012 at 5:33pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic