IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How the Pagan Trinity Crept Into Christianity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How the Pagan Trinity Crept Into Christianity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2013 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Hi Webber,

You know it's funny because just last night I was thinking how even the pagans were guided by something right.  Even the pagans must have sought to understand the world around them and to understand creation.  They must have sought to explain the things which they observed.  We do not really know what kinds of things they observed thousands of years ago, do we?   Their beliefs, as well, must have come from early stories of their ancestors.  So all religions have their roots in paganism, it's just that over time beliefs evolved.  Over time God saw the need to reveal more of Himself and provide a guidance for His creation.  
I remembered hearing about the real meaning of the word pagan.

Paganism (from Latin paganus, meaning "country dweller", "rustic"

It would seem to me that people in those days were a lot more in tune with their spiritual co-habitants. Now that they're all jinn nobody looks at them anymore.
Because these people were more open to the spiritual world, they of course wanted to understand it, would seek it in many ways.
I've heard missionaries tell me of tribes totally under the control of evil spirits to the point he was continuously under attack by these spirits and obviously not welcome. His descriptions were very much that of the real thing.

Not all spirits were evil, many stories from past lore still convey the message a prophet would, not that we'd understand it as such.

Of course the pagans we hear about are the ones that would kill you for their gods, or cook you in a pot.

We don't have much use for lore anymore. The religious world has done it's best to ignore the spiritual evil of this world, mostly out of fear, some disbelief. If you're not a threat to evil it won't bother you kinda thinking makes it all much easier to forget.

I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic