IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - a question  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

a question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2012 at 3:05pm
Greetings Ismael,
Welcome back.

Are we not all of us (on this forum at least) seeking after God?
You see, I don't think we are that different. Smile

Caringheart
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2012 at 8:40pm
Hi caringheart,

thank you for the welcome

Some are and some are not.
most are here as missionaries trying to Bible thump instead of here to learn.
Ismail
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 12:26am
Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

Hi caringheart,

thank you for the welcome

Some are and some are not.
most are here as missionaries trying to Bible thump instead of here to learn.
Ismail

or Qur'an thump?
I have a much more positive attitude.  I think we are here because we are all seeking to follow God.
I am here because I want us to understand each other.

Salaam,
CH

You're welcome for the welcome Smile ...  happy to know you made it safely there and back.  You were away a long time.
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2013 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by nothing nothing wrote:

Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Bismillah,
Assalamualaikum Hasan and Nothing,

I found it a bit odd in your posts, if you don't mind, why do you refuse gifts?

My Shaykh insists one to take gifts and thank people much for the same. He rests this practice on the fact that 'one who does not thank people has not thanked Allah

A gift is only to be given to those in needs, up to this moment I am not in need, alhamdulillah.
If you, Nausheen, you were a minister with portfolio and a bussinessman came to you with a gift, you know with certainty that that is not a gift. On the opposite side if you are a business woman giving a gift to a politician than you know than it is not a gift either. It is a well known practice to smoothen the bumpy road, and bypassing them in the queue.

But there is another one different. Last week I picked my daughter from school and I asked her what she learned that day? and she said "Islamic Art". And she pulled a board from her bag with the word Allah on it, and she said "I made this for you". If I were to give that piece to anyone no one would take it, it is a worthless piece for anyone. I hug her and I hug the board, and it is on the wall now. See the difference?

I am sorry to disagree with the Sheikh, my experience and my observation tell me it is a bribe.

Was salaamu alaikum.

Assalamo Alaik nothing,

Jazak Allahu Khairun brother. That's very educational and food for thought. You make perfect sense.
الله
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 2:32pm
Salam,
I always thought that giving gifts was a good things, it increases love. I still do, I do believe it is a good thing and in Islam we are encouraged to do good.
Here is website or two that I found about gift giving:

http://www.dalail.co.uk/gifts.htm

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/85108

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 02 May 2013 at 2:39pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2013 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Do you think you are so different from me?If so, how?

Hi Caringheart,

An answer to your question Yes i am different.You see you are born in sin and need someone else to die for you and redeem you off your sin.Me no problems i was born innocent so i do not need anyone to dia for me innocent.God forbid that i commit a sin i get on my knees and beg Allah for forgiveness and he is oft forgiving what a God did not have to kill anyone for me.
greetings
Ismail.
ps:i know it was an old post but i could not resist.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2013 at 1:37am
Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Do you think you are so different from me?If so, how?

Hi Caringheart,

An answer to your question Yes i am different.You see you are born in sin and need someone else to die for you and redeem you off your sin.Me no problems i was born innocent so i do not need anyone to dia for me innocent.God forbid that i commit a sin i get on my knees and beg Allah for forgiveness and he is oft forgiving what a God did not have to kill anyone for me.
greetings
Ismail.
ps:i know it was an old post but i could not resist.

Greetings Ismail,

Well then you see, we are not different. Smile
If I commit a sin I too get on my knees and ask for God's forgiveness,
but more importantly, I repent.
Out of my great Love for Him, because of His great Love for me, I turn away and do not repeat my sin, and I am only able to do that with the Grace of God which I received through Yahshua.

Salaam and blessings to you,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2013 at 7:43am
Hi sister Caringheart,
Why did you refrain from the original sin storey?
Were you born in sin as the Bible says or would you be born innocent as the Quraan says?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic