IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - a question  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

a question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2012 at 7:50pm
Bismillah,
Assalamualaikum Hasan and Nothing,

I found it a bit odd in your posts, if you don't mind, why do you refuse gifts?

My Shaykh insists one to take gifts and thank people much for the same. He rests this practice on the fact that 'one who does not thank people has not thanked Allah'

After having understood this concept, its never a burden on the heart while accepting gifts, rather I make it a point to make a very big deal of any gift received from anyone - thanking that person much.

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 5:05pm
W'salam Nausheen,
I am not sure if I understand your question, please be clear.
Jazakallah,
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 07 December 2012 at 5:07pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 5:06pm
Greetings Nausheen,
You always make me smile...
your comment on blood transfusion... lol
I guess I just wanted to see what answers... whatever would pop into anyone's mind in response to the question.
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2012 at 6:57pm
Assalamualaikum Hassan,

In his post Nothing said he does not take gifts from others.
Then, in your post you are saying you are very much like him.

So my question to both of you is, why do you guys do not take gifts?

[/COLOR]
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2012 at 1:15pm
W'salam Nausheen,
I think I said "petty much like Nothing", not exactly .
I do give and take gifts, so yes that is a difference. But like Nothing, I gave my share of my parent's property to my eldest brother, and I did not have any property of my own then.
Hasan [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="middle" />

Edited by honeto - 10 December 2012 at 2:05pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2012 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Bismillah,

My Shaykh insists one to take gifts and thank people much for the same. He rests this practice on the fact that 'one who does not thank people has not thanked Allah

A gift is only to be given to those in needs, up to this moment I am not in need, alhamdulillah.
If you, Nausheen, you were a minister with portfolio and a bussinessman came to you with a gift, you know with certainty that that is not a gift. On the opposite side if you are a business woman giving a gift to a politician than you know than it is not a gift either. It is a well known practice to smoothen the bumpy road, and bypassing them in the queue.

But there is another one different. Last week I picked my daughter from school and I asked her what she learned that day? and she said "Islamic Art". And she pulled a board from her bag with the word Allah on it, and she said "I made this for you". If I were to give that piece to anyone no one would take it, it is a worthless piece for anyone. I hug her and I hug the board, and it is on the wall now. See the difference?

I am sorry to disagree with the Sheikh, my experience and my observation tell me it is a bribe.

Was salaamu alaikum.
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2012 at 12:52am
Originally posted by nothing nothing wrote:

Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Bismillah,

My Shaykh insists one to take gifts and thank people much for the same. He rests this practice on the fact that 'one who does not thank people has not thanked Allah
A gift is only to be given to those in needs, up to this moment I am not in need, alhamdulillah. If you, Nausheen, you were a minister with portfolio and a bussinessman came to you with a gift, you know with certainty that that is not a gift. On the opposite side if you are a business woman giving a gift to a politician than you know than it is not a gift either. It is a well known practice to smoothen the bumpy road, and bypassing them in the<span ="hw "><span =" "> queue</span></span>. But there is another one different. Last week I picked my daughter from school and I asked her what she learned that day? and she said "Islamic Art". And she pulled a board from her bag with the word Allah on it, and she said "I made this for you". If I were to give that piece to anyone no one would take it, it is a worthless piece for anyone. I hug her and I hug the board, and it is on the wall now. See the difference? I am sorry to disagree with the Sheikh, my experience and my observation tell me it is a bribe. Was salaamu alaikum.

Thank you Nothing.
I wouldn't call a bribe gift, nor would understand bribe when a gift is mentioned.

I do see the difference.
A gift is something prepared with care for the special person in mind - and when such a person offers me something, I can see the emotions that have gone into it.
On some occasions I have given small tokens as a sign of friendship and ppl have accepted it saying its not the value rather the sentiment that matters ... to me a 'gift'is always something which carries sentiments.

The shaykh does not promote exchange of bribes - calling it a gift is a misnomer and disregard of sentiments a gift carries.

jazak Allahu khair.

[/COLOR]
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2012 at 1:32pm
Hi all,

no human has my fingerprints.I am unique.So yes i am not the same as you people.Anyone the same as me?????

Come on Caringheart,our thinking is not the same our color is not the same our nation is not the same our tribe is not the same our children are not the same.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic