IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - a question  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

a question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a question
    Posted: 03 December 2012 at 9:15pm
Do you think you are so different from me?
If so, how?
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2012 at 5:12am
No, I don't. Genetically speaking, all 7 billion humans on Earth are almost identical. Take any group of 55 chimps and you will find more genetic diversity in such a group (counting DNA base pairs that differ).

Even men and women are almost the same, and 45 out of 46 chromosomes are the same. And even the X and Y chromosomes are not completely different.

We all are one big human family.

Muslims and Christians are not that different. We all believe in a higher power. We all believe that our lives have meaning and purpose. We share many prophets. In history our civilizations inspired each other. Today we use the same math formulas, the same web browsers, the same search engines and we all fill up our cars' tanks with the same gasoline. We all smile. We all are sad sometimes. We all love our children and try to protect them. We all dream. We all don't want to be alone. We all like to have friends. We all like to be respected as human beings.

The things that make us different pale in comparison to what we all have in common.

Edited by Matt Browne - 04 December 2012 at 5:14am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2012 at 6:33am
Oh, boy!  When trolls are intentionally vague; know that something annoying will follow.
truthnowcome View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2012 at 8:52am
You can be the judge for yourself:

49:13 (Y. Ali) O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).
tnc
LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2012 at 5:18pm
I don't know your way of life, but I will shed bit of mine here and therefore I would never know our differences.

I made a pledge to my neighbors that their property, their tranquility and their beings are safe from me. I never step into other people property without their permission unless it is emergency situation, which hasn't happened yet.

I don't take gifts, material assistance from others or accept inheritance. Twice I declined the inheritance share in cash and the sums were divided among my siblings. I live only to give to those in need, not taking. This step is copied from the Prophet Muhammad life where he did not take zakat money, but accept gifts. I just took step further than him by includes the inheritance.

I can't distinguished between masters and slaves, the rich and the poor, the strong and the weak. To me they all look the same. This is not new though I have it since I was a kid. But for some reason I am very respectful to the elders regardless who they are, this too seem rooted in my gene.

I hate bullies right to the core, they are the terrorist in it's truest form. This too look like in the gene.

Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 8:43pm
Greetings CaringHeart,

Im not sure in what sense you are asking.
If you were to take blood transfussion, you cannot take it from any donor unless your blood group is AB.

If you need an organ transplant you will need a lot more matches to consider than just the blood group.

Spiritually every human has a special different rank with Allah, and He only knows the secrets of that.

If you talk about culture, then you are american and I am Indian and I am well aware of the cultural differences.

If you talk about mental ability, the IQ scores can tell about that

so on and so forth...

what exactly is that you wanna compare.
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2012 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Do you think you are so different from me?If so, how?

Caringheart,
Allah ho Alim, only Allah knows. I know me to some degree, I do not know you. You know yourself to some degree, you do not know me. Thus the answer may not be true, only thinking, a guess!
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2012 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by nothing nothing wrote:

I don't know your way of life, but I will shed bit of mine here and therefore I would never know our differences.1. I made a pledge to my neighbors that their property, their tranquility and their beings are safe from me. I never step into other people property without their permission unless it is emergency situation, which hasn't happened yet.2. I don't take gifts, material assistance from others or accept inheritance. Twice I declined the inheritance share in cash and the sums were divided among my siblings. I live only to give to those in need, not taking. This step is copied from the Prophet Muhammad life where he did not take zakat money, but accept gifts. I just took step further than him by includes the inheritance. 3. I can't distinguished between masters and slaves, the rich and the poor, the strong and the weak. To me they all look the same. This is not new though I have it since I was a kid. But for some reason I am very respectful to the elders regardless who they are, this too seem rooted in my gene.4. I hate bullies right to the core, they are the terrorist in it's truest form. This too look like in the gene.

I can say I am a lot like you, and hope to excel, Inshahallah.

Jazakallah,
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic