IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslim community of San Antonio under threat  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslim community of San Antonio under threat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muslim community of San Antonio under threat
    Posted: 10 December 2012 at 2:43pm
Caringheart,
all I am saying is that when you have news of a crime committed by someone who happens to be a Muslim making headlines and circulating around the media: And then you have someone who commits a crime against Muslims and their mosques or property never making a headline nor circulate in the media, and does not get the same attention, it creates a sense of unfairness and looks biased.
And of course it is important that people know if a hate crime has taken place. It will make people aware, as well as help them understand that Muslims as people like them and a crime committed against them is a crime.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 10 December 2012 at 2:46pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2012 at 3:37pm
Hasan,

You do not see the possibility?  I simply said that abuayisha makes a good point.  One that you might think about if you can remove your emotional blinders.

Violence against women is a whole different thing.  You and I both know that the type of incident we are discussing here is a religiously charged one which could spark further incidents.

Salaam,
CH
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2012 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

I restate:Would you want a copycat event to be spawned?I urge you to think with reason.

CAringheart,
you are the one who need to use logic and reasoning. So what your are trying to say is if a news of murder is broadcast it will cause a copycat event, so they should not broadcast news about such things?
So you are suggesting that the reason they did not broadcast this new nationwide was because they were afraid it will cause a copycat action.
Why do you think they talk about violence against women for example, may I ask? for awareness or to cause more copycat acts?
You really surprise me C'heart, sometimes!
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2012 at 2:52pm
I restate:

Would you want a copycat event to be spawned?

I urge you to think with reason.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2012 at 2:48pm
Caringheart,
so now you are stating as a media expert!
We all know why this happens, do some research you will findout that the Zionist own all owr media, almost all.
Hasan

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 3:55pm
Hasan,
Would you want a copycat even to be spawned?
Sometimes media decisions are in the interest of wisdom and protection... and even if that was not the intent, should we not be grateful that it may be the result... wisdom and protection.
Salaam,
CH

Edited by Caringheart - 03 December 2012 at 3:57pm
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Too bad that national media did not even mention it.
Hasan

Often national and international attention�spawn copycat events.
Good point.I was thinking that it was 'local news' rather than of national interest.� National news will often only pick up these stories when they need 'fillers' for air time.

...or if the perpetrator is a Muslim.
Hasan

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2012 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Too bad that national media did not even mention it. Hasan

Often national and international attention spawn copycat events.

Good point.
I was thinking that it was 'local news' rather than of national interest.  National news will often only pick up these stories when they need 'fillers' for air time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic