IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Essence in seeking correct knowledge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


Essence in seeking correct knowledge - Event Date: 26 November 2012

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member


Joined: 24 August 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 888
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Essence in seeking correct knowledge
    Posted: 26 November 2012 at 9:52am
Assalmu alaikum.



http://life.nationalpost.com/2012/11/21/holy-miscalculations-the-entire-christian-calendar-is-based-on-a-sixth-century-monks-mistake-pope-says/
.

Islamic education does not allow one to be blind follower and to follow mistakes on producing sound proof. It is not surprising that friendship has noticed that Arafat is observed on a day not observed by Muhammad Rasulullah.
Are the Christians going to disagree with Pope Benedict xvi? How is Allah going to judge them on the acts of worship done not according to the Shari'a of Jesus son of Maryam?
How is Allah going to judge those 3 million pilgrims who not only observed Arafat outside the true date, but do not even know how to pray?
Is then Qur'an 2:159 relevant today?

Friendship.

Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 29 June 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 1646
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 1:52am
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

Assalmu alaikum.



http://life.nationalpost.com/2012/11/21/holy-miscalculations-the-entire-christian-calendar-is-based-on-a-sixth-century-monks-mistake-pope-says/
.

Islamic education does not allow one to be blind follower and to follow mistakes on producing sound proof. It is not surprising that friendship has noticed that Arafat is observed on a day not observed by Muhammad Rasulullah.
Are the Christians going to disagree with Pope Benedict xvi? How is Allah going to judge them on the acts of worship done not according to the Shari'a of Jesus son of Maryam?
How is Allah going to judge those 3 million pilgrims who not only observed Arafat outside the true date, but do not even know how to pray?
Is then Qur'an 2:159 relevant today?

Friendship.

 
As far as I can see the only person who has not sought the correct knowlege is YOU!
 
Why don't you just go away?
Back to Top
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 April 2010
Location: Germany
Status: Offline
Points: 940
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 6:22am
A lot of Christians disagree with Pope Benedikt, not only Protestants, but also Catholics. Yet the Pope actually invites people who disagree with him, e.g. Hans Kueng. So even the very conservative Pope doesn't tell persons who do not support the Pope's view to go away. I think this is one of the main differences between Christianity and Islam. In mainstream Islam debate is not welcome. Muslims are expected to stop asking uncomfortable questions. I wonder why this is so.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Back to Top
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 29 June 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 1646
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 6:32am
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

A lot of Christians disagree with Pope Benedikt, not only Protestants, but also Catholics. Yet the Pope actually invites people who disagree with him, e.g. Hans Kueng. So even the very conservative Pope doesn't tell persons who do not support the Pope's view to go away. I think this is one of the main differences between Christianity and Islam. In mainstream Islam debate is not welcome. Muslims are expected to stop asking uncomfortable questions. I wonder why this is so.

 
The reason is very simple. Unlike Christianity, Islam is perfection and therefore does not need any debate or discussion within it. For one thing, Christians need to sort Christianity out and get rid of the confusion that is so apparent. In Islam, on the other hand, there is absolutely no confusion.
 
Those who bring debate and discussion within Islam are confused people who do not understand the deen therefore they want to innovate. The Prophet (Salallhu Alayhi Wa Sallam ) prophecied this.


Edited by Abu Loren - 27 November 2012 at 6:34am
Back to Top
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member


Joined: 24 August 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 888
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 7:09am
Assalamu alaikum.

Your statement: In mainstream Islam debate is not welcome. Muslims are expected to stop asking uncomfortable questions. I wonder why this is so.

Response: Sorry Mr. Matt Browne. It is not that debate is not allowed, but rather there are basics that must be understood by all. Debate on the basic fundamental issues is not allowed. This is not saying that in a classroom such questions should not arise. In my University days, those who ask silly questions are marked and often fail their examinations. Islam is supposed to be taught in tutorial sessions. But look at what is going on here from people like Abu Loren etc. Look at Hausheen addressing me as disbeliever and then turning to ask me if I am a follower of Maudidi! This is outrageous! She was saying that I am disbeliever! If asked her to prove so during a prayer I performed, she has no evidence. But look at me saying that I have read in a book that Arafat day is not on the 9th of Zulhajj. If the Muslims have not been observing it on that day, I would not have voiced that out. Nobody has produced evidence against my observation.
No one is to be a silent spectator on seeing evil and wrong spreading on the earth. It is the failure of the Muslims to arrest this situation that is the main stem of our problem.
Allah challenged mankind in many places in the Qur'an to produce their evidence against what Muhammad said. If the Quraysh challenged to produce the like of the Qur'an failed, it is better we respect the Qur'an.
My call to you and your people is to understand that you are misguided and that the true teaching of Muhammad is still available in books unread by the majority of the followers of Muhammad.
Let us stick to the subject matter: Are the Christians going to disagree with the research of Pope Benedict?

Friendship.



Edited by Friendship - 27 November 2012 at 7:15am
Back to Top
Nausheen View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar
Senior Member

Joined: 10 January 2001
Status: Offline
Points: 4253
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 6:21am
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:


Look at Hausheen addressing me as disbeliever and then turning to ask me if I am a follower of Maudidi! This is outrageous! She was saying that I am disbeliever! If asked her to prove so during a prayer I performed, she has no evidence.


Assalamualaika Friendship,

You have been suggesting muslims to follow every other book before the quran and fail to explain why.
You told me to learn adab from the jewish women, and to read the torah before focusing on the Quran.
In another instance you said the hadith is more important than the quran.
In yet another post your comment is that torah is enough to render the world safe.
If you are asked for evidence for saying so, what would you say?

you find my comment about following Maudidi as outrageous, but it is you who quoted him. One does not quote people who he does not regard as authentic.
If you do regard his teachings good enough to be quoted here, why is it outrageous if I asked you about it?


Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

But look at me saying that I have read in a book that Arafat day is not on the 9th of Zulhajj. If the Muslims have not been observing it on that day, I would not have voiced that out. Nobody has produced evidence against my observation.No one is to be a silent spectator on seeing evil and wrong spreading on the earth.




Have not read any evidence coming from you about arafat not being on the 9th. Nor has there been another date for the event with appropriate evidencs. Please note, reference to a book available on amazon dot com is not an evidence.



Edited by Nausheen - 28 November 2012 at 6:28am
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Back to Top
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 April 2010
Location: Germany
Status: Offline
Points: 940
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2012 at 2:22am
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

A lot of Christians disagree with Pope Benedikt, not only Protestants, but also Catholics. Yet the Pope actually invites people who disagree with him, e.g. Hans Kueng. So even the very conservative Pope doesn't tell persons who do not support the Pope's view to go away. I think this is one of the main differences between Christianity and Islam. In mainstream Islam debate is not welcome. Muslims are expected to stop asking uncomfortable questions. I wonder why this is so.


Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:


The reason is very simple. Unlike Christianity, Islam is perfection and therefore does not need any debate or discussion within it. For one thing, Christians need to sort Christianity out and get rid of the confusion that is so apparent. In Islam, on the other hand, there is absolutely no confusion.
 
Those who bring debate and discussion within Islam are confused people who do not understand the deen therefore they want to innovate. The Prophet (Salallhu Alayhi Wa Sallam ) prophecied this.


I beg to differ, Abu Loren. In my view Islam requires a tremendous amount of debate and millions of Muslims who care about Islam agree with my view, but most of them wish to remain anonymous, because they fear the wrath of their families. Risking the disapproval of their families ranks among the biggest fear of Muslims. In too many Muslim households today, parents demand robotic respect. Debates are not welcome. But the children of the 21st century realize the problem with this approach. These millions of brave young Muslims embrace open societies and seek to change the world, but they fear being ostracized by the mainstream Muslim community.

The view of Islam being perfection reflects 7th-century Arab tribal structure in which dissent is seen as treason. People who act on their moral courage (like Friendship) will always encounter disapproval. To have moral courage means to challenge conformity. Muslims aren't the only ones who enforce the illusion of purity and perfection. Hardcore evangelical Christians in the US are similar in this respect, although they don't use threats of violence.



Edited by Matt Browne - 30 November 2012 at 2:23am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Back to Top
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 29 June 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 1646
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2012 at 2:33am
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:


I beg to differ, Abu Loren. In my view Islam requires a tremendous amount of debate and millions of Muslims who care about Islam agree with my view, but most of them wish to remain anonymous, because they fear the wrath of their families. Risking the disapproval of their families ranks among the biggest fear of Muslims. In too many Muslim households today, parents demand robotic respect. Debates are not welcome. But the children of the 21st century realize the problem with this approach. These millions of brave young Muslims embrace open societies and seek to change the world, but they fear being ostracized by the mainstream Muslim community.

The view of Islam being perfection reflects 7th-century Arab tribal structure in which dissent is seen as treason. People who act on their moral courage (like Friendship) will always encounter disapproval. To have moral courage means to challenge conformity. Muslims aren't the only ones who enforce the illusion of purity and perfection. Hardcore evangelical Christians in the US are similar in this respect, although they don't use threats of violence.

 
First of all name these millions of muslims who agree with your view. Secondly, those who are seeking this change, do they by any chance live in the West? If they are then I would say that they want a lifestyle that closely resembles the kufr and they want to innovate by making what is halal haram and what is haram halal.
 
What in your Nazi filled brain is the problem with Islam?
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.