IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Africa
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Egypt  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Egypt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Egypt
    Posted: 25 November 2012 at 11:25pm
Assalaamoalaikum Egyptians or anyone who has traveled to Egypt.

I want to travel alone to see a different country every three months, inshAllah.   Egypt will be my first destination that I will travel too soon.  I dont know anyone there.   I will be staying in cairo only.  Can anyone of you recommend for me a hotel that is cheap and bug free for me to stay in while I am in cairo?
Also can you list any food/dessert that will be great for me to try while I am there?  I am not usually a meat eater, but I will try anything that is most popularly eaten in egypt.

Thanks so much.

Edited by lady - 25 November 2012 at 11:26pm
lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 12:09am
OK no one responded to this question. I  hope that I can get a response for my second question  from egyptians which is do you think that the news is exaggerating about how safe cairo is now?  I will be traveling to cairo alone before Dec 25th.  Do you think that I should cancel my trip because of the protest in cairo?
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 3:16pm
I am not an Egyptian and I have never been there though it is in my top list, so I only give advice from the 3rd person point of view. My brother in law has traveled a lot and still is, and he even went into places where we would not even think of, Yemen for an example, Uzbekistan, train travel from China to Russia, Bosnia, Japan, and the last one he went to that Hadron Collider etc etc etc. From his experience he cautious us that when going to 3rd world country it is necessary to go with a group, or assigned yourself to a group once you reached your destination. With that you would be noticed if you are not present in due time.

When I was on overseas trip, and although I hired a car which allow me to drive I still hire a driver for it than I asked the guy to sleep at the back.

Salaam and have a nice trip.
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 2:36am
Originally posted by lady lady wrote:

OK no one responded to this question. I  hope that I can get a response for my second question  from egyptians which is do you think that the news is exaggerating about how safe cairo is now?  I will be traveling to cairo alone before Dec 25th.  Do you think that I should cancel my trip because of the protest in cairo?

Sorry to miss your first post.

You will find the hotels very cheap in all of the Islamic world at the moment due to the westerners being kept away by terrorists.

Check out the prices for the best hotels. They are almost empty. They will be cheap and if you find a good one at an almost affordable price it is worth telephoning them and telling them what your budget is and seeing if they will let you stay for that.

Good lock.

I reccomend the valley of the queens. Although I think they are 3,000 year old fakes designed to make grave robbers think that the grave has already been looted. I think the real tombs may well be hidden behind the ones we have found so far.

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 6:03am
The ONLY hotel to consider if you want to see the Pyramids is the Mena House Hotel. The pyramids are right outside your window.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
adeeliqbal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adeeliqbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2017 at 2:15am
Yes, Mena Hous Hotel is very reasonable for cost and you can easily see the amazing view of the Pyramids.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic