IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Contrasting Qur'an and Ahadith of Muhammad.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Contrasting Qur'an and Ahadith of Muhammad. - Event Date: 17 November 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Contrasting Qur'an and Ahadith of Muhammad.
    Posted: 30 November 2012 at 1:43pm
Assalamu alaikum. Honeto.

Yes, indeed I am far because I took hold of Yusuf Alis book as early as 1959 and since then have been studying the Qur'an. If you want understand Qur'an you have to read books written on the different explanations on the interpretation of the Qur'an. There are about 48 different subject matter related to interpretation of the Qur'an.
Can you buy this book:ISBN: 9781467883931.

Friendship.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 4:42am
Assalamu alaika aka 2x2.

There are many verses in the Qur'an. Choose from them the one that convinces you most. Is Qur'an 4:65 sufficient?
Is this verse explained by this hadith:?

لألفين احدكم متكئا على اريكته ، يأتيه الأمر من امرى مما أمرت به او نهيت عنه، فيقول: لا ادرى، ما وجدنا فى كتاب الله اتبعناه. فإن السنة جاءت مفسرة للكتاب، فمن اخذ بالكتاب من غير معرفة بالسنة،زل عن الكتاب كما زل عن السنة            

If you are convinced and you are a sincere Muslim without the means to understand the Sunna, desiring to enter paradise, you should read that book explaining the Sunna of Muhammad Rasulullah in as-Salat-

Friendship.

Edited by Friendship - 28 November 2012 at 4:47am
aka2x2 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 11:39pm
"Therefore knowing the Sunna... is more important than reading the Qur'an."

And how exactly do you know this? Is there a Hadeeth to this effect?? Is there a verse in the Quran that said this???

If not, aren't you afraid you may be ascribing words to Allah (SWT) that He never said????
Respectfully
aka2x2
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 12:08pm
Friendship,
you are making things difficult for yourself and trying others to follow you in that. We can elaborate about things but I see you are gone too far.

I understand, there are things in the Quran that are made plain and simple, and yet there are things about which we need explanation and there are those about which only Allah knows.
Allah says in the Quran:
54:17 (Y. Ali) And We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition?

Things that are basic to our belief are made simple, if you can read or listen, you will understand them as Allah meant for example:
112:1 (Y. Ali) Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
112:2 (Y. Ali) Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
112:3 (Y. Ali) He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
112:4 (Y. Ali) And there is none like unto Him.

Easy to understand the core of that surah, of course you can write books on explaining it, but just those four verses will make sense as well.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 27 November 2012 at 12:14pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 6:30am
Nausheen, Caringheart, I don't think Mizra Baig is alluding to zero. What she probably means is "very few" over the past decades. Some of the few include Muhammad Yunus, of course. You will find her article here:

http://www.twf.org/News/Y2007/0126-Baig.html

Edited by Matt Browne - 27 November 2012 at 6:32am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 3:29am

Assalamu alaika Honeto.

I implore you always to remember the encounter Muhammad Rasulullah had with angel Gabriel and the Ahadith of the holy apostle of the merit of seeking knowledge. If you do not know something that is you have never read what  the Sahabas said that does not mean that it is false or cannot be comprehended. This is what the 'Arabs define as understanding:

ما دل عليه الفظ من غير محل النطق

Muslims generally do not invest on Islamic education. That is the reason of their intolerance, arrogance and impoliteness. How can one know what happened in a period of 23 years if he has only one book covering that period? That one is great, for others have never spent a farthing (a cent) on Islamic books.

The Qur�an was explained by the living witness during its revelation called the Sahabas/Companions of the holy apostle. It is not expected today for one to say something about the Qur�an outside their explanation. These explanations are in the books of Tafsir and history. How many of such books do you possess? I have often given you references, but never gave me a single reference.

Let us be civilized like the Jewish Rabbis.  For example when we discussed about the veil this is what the Rabbi sent me: The prohibition against removing one's beard is found in the Torah. You can learn about that here:

http://www.chabad.org/494236/

And yes, though the Torah was not formally given in the times on Avraham (that only happened at Sinai), there is a tradition he kept many parts of it beforehand... Let me know if this helps.

Yours truly,Rabbi Yisroel Cotlar.

According to the teaching of Muhammad, I am to keep silent on what they said after reading.

The problem of you and others is you seem not to have known what is Islam through reading what we received from the Sahabas. I gave you references as my source of knowledge. Ideally, you are to compare my source of knowledge with what is in your books of reference. When you referred to Yusuf Ali, I went further than you giving you the reference number. Probably you do not have Maududis translation. You have no right to disagree with me on what you have no knowledge. Please let us respect knowledge and those with it as explained by the holy apostle. If you still do not understand Qur�an 2:159, read the Tafsir, Al-Mizan by Allama Tabatba�i Vol.2 pp.254-258.

Just tell me your source of knowledge that the Sahabas and their pupils explained that the Arafat day is on the 9th. Every hadith must be explained. Why is it there are 6 different compilers of hadith literature?

I kept on praising the efforts of the management of this forum, for it should be a forum watched by 750 million believers daily who want to be upright. We must know and act according to the Sunna. But the opposite seems to be the case. Know that it is only Allah who will reward one�s effort for I might have joined this forum to be praised, get support and fame. I am fully aware of the what Muhammad Rasulullah told Ali ibn Abi Talib: It is better for one man to believe from you preaching than to be rewarded with one hundred red camels. Remember that the majority according to the Qur�an will never believe.

Yes, the Shari'a (of Muhammad Rasulullah) was (is) established on the behavior of the Levi clan of the Children of Israel in Madina and this lasted for a period of six years. When they were moved to Khaybar, the experts on analyzing the reasons behind revelation noticed that the Shari'a on crime etc seized. Revelation then became centered on disbelief and hypocrisy in the last four years. Now analyze the revelation from that period to the last prayer of the holy apostle. You will see that.

Please from now on give me your reference. 

Friendship

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 1:55pm
Friendship,
I agree with some of the things you say, but some things you say do not make sense and are in contrast to clear message of the Quran.
For example in the same reply from you that I have addressed before there is another sentence you wrote tha makes me uneasy, you wrote:
"Therefore knowing the Sunna that is how Muhammad lived in Madina with the Levi clan of the children of Israel and the neighboring believers in Najran who called themselves Christians is more important than reading the Qur'an."
I do not know where you get these ideas from beacuse I have never heard of them before. I understand it is important to know and have good relations with other, but it has to be based on some principles. And for a Muslim what can be a better source of these principles than the Quran and Hadiths with clear distinction that the Quran is the word of God and Hadith is word of man.
What you are suggesting seem absurd and a deviation from what Allah has clearly stated in the Quran that it is a guidance for mankind.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2012 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

First of all who cares what Mirza B thinks? Google the golden age of Islam what the Muslims brought to the Western civilisation.

Secondly, deviants within Islam will not be tolerated, and there are so many of these unfortunately.

LOL Thank you for so nicely illustrating Mirza's point!
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic