IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CHRISTIANS:WHO CAN FORGIVE SINS?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CHRISTIANS:WHO CAN FORGIVE SINS?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 10:18am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Well, Rational, simply put, we have a small and growing number of Muslims, who for ideological and political reasons, have absolutely no problem with murder. Indeed that is sad. The source is ignorance of their religion. I think our Islamic community must face this problem and not pretend it doesn't exist. Saudi Arabia has an excellent program to reeducate and rehabilitate terrorist and extremist sympathizers.

You don't know anything about me and you're throwing random accusations. What's the reason for being hostile?
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 2:22pm
What is there to know about you Rational? This is a discussion/dialogue board, and I'm only responding to what you posted. Hostile? Not at all, but this is a serious issue and should not be taken lightly. Perhaps I'm missing something here - please explain.
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

What is there to know about you Rational? This is a discussion/dialogue board, and I'm only responding to what you posted. Hostile? Not at all, but this is a serious issue and should not be taken lightly. Perhaps I'm missing something here - please explain.

Well abuayisha, I felt that you're suggesting that I'm one of those "extremist sympathizers" that need to be sent to saudi to get reeducated and rehabilitated.

I know this is a serious issue. Here's what Placid said:
Originally posted by Placid Placid wrote:

While this is meant to be a statement of faith for Muslims, --- when used as a creed by the terrorists, it �defames� Muhammad, because it identifies him as the leader of the terrorists, under God.

It angers me when people relate terrorism to the Messenger (pbuh). If that's the charge, I stand guilty and I am proud of it.

I don't blame Placid for saying this.

Edited by Rational - 18 January 2013 at 3:21pm
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 8:23pm
Yeah, I understand what Placid said, and in my estimation he makes a really important and valid point concerning the misuse of statements for terrorist purposes. The default for Muslims is kindness with both Muslims and non-Muslims. Statements from the Quran must be understood in context. Forcefulness against unbelievers should be understood to mean during times of war, and certainly Muslims are not perpetually in a state of war with non-Muslims. Allah says, 'As for such (of the unbelievers) as do not fight against you on account of (your) faith, and neither drive you out forth from your homelands, Allah does not forbid you to be kind to them and to behave towards them with equity, for verily Allah loves those who act equitably.' (60: 7-9)

I am only disagreeing with your response (below), and giving an admonition concerning extremism, and acknowledgement thereof (denial is problematic).

Originally posted by Rational Rational wrote:

Are you speaking of those masked terrorists that are funded by governments and keep mysteriously appearing on TV? They are being promoted to demonise Islam, the true religion that stands in the way of thier evil goals. Those terrorist??? Islam has nothing to do with terrorism. This lie was invented by the very people that want to destroy the truth and they don't care how many lives are involved.

Edited by abuayisha - 18 January 2013 at 8:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic