IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslim/Christian Marriage  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslim/Christian Marriage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daud360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muslim/Christian Marriage
    Posted: 09 November 2012 at 7:28pm
As-Salaam Alaikum,

I would like guidance from anyone who is in a relationship in regards to a Muslim and Christian Marriage. I find that this can be difficult for the children also. I would like some input on this. Thanks. 
nospam001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nospam001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2012 at 5:00pm

More information would be helful for those who wish to help. Are you presently contemplating marriage to a Christian? Has she 'reverted' to Islam independently; i.e. without a romantic incentive? Do you disagree about specific religious matters, and if so what? Are you thinking of possible future situations or are there already children involved?

God has the right to remain silent. For His advocates, however, each resigned shrug is a missed opportunity to win new converts.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2012 at 1:33am
Originally posted by Daud360 Daud360 wrote:

As-Salaam Alaikum,

I would like guidance from anyone who is in a relationship in regards to a Muslim and Christian Marriage. I find that this can be difficult for the children also. I would like some input on this. Thanks. 

I'm not this type of relationship but if I may I'd like to say this.

First of all, I'm sure you know that a Muslim man can marry a Christian or a Jewish woman. Once married, as the head of the household the man must bring the children up in Islam and the wife MUST agree to this. After marriage you also have the opportunity to 'convert' her to Islam if she feels that it is right for her.

Salaam
Brava View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2012 at 8:57am
Salam,

For curiosity, the non muslim wife as you just mentioned, will she goes to hell in afterlife if she didn't revert to Islam during her lifetime being marriedto the muslim man and brought up her muslim children?

I believe ( i don't have high knowlegde in Islam, it is just my opinion) as a muslim husband it is his responsibility as a leader in the family and have great opportunity to revert his wife with her free willing and full hearted.

It is indeed sad if some of these wives do take their muslim children to churches so that when the children are big They will have the opportunity to choose whichever religion suited them best.

Sorry if I say anything wrong but i would like to know the truth!

Thank you in advance.

May God bless us all!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic