IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Answers to your Questions  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Answers to your Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 2:30am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

As'alaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu
2) Why was the Holy Qur'an revealed to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)?
The answer to this question can be found in the Holy Qur'an in the 18th Chapter entitled 'Al Kahf' or The Cave.

Sahih International

[All] praise is [due] to Allah , who has sent down upon His Servant the Book and has not made therein any deviance.
[He has made it] straight, to warn of severe punishment from Him and to give good tidings to the believers who do righteous deeds that they will have a good reward
In which they will remain forever
And to warn those who say, " Allah has taken a son."
They have no knowledge of it, nor had their fathers. Grave is the word that comes out of their mouths; they speak not except a lie. 18:1-5

If thou wert in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the book before thee. Surah 10.94

Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2012 at 11:20am
As'alaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu
3) What is Islam?
Islam stands for �Submission� or �Peace�. In a religious context, it implies the peace that reaches out to one when one completely submits oneself to the will of Almighty God. This is achieved only when the individual acts in accordance with the direction of his Creator in all spheres of life.
http://www.nicheoftruth.org/

Edited by Abu Loren - 16 November 2012 at 1:35am
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2012 at 11:21am

Edited by Caringheart - 25 November 2012 at 6:21pm
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2012 at 11:52am

You know what? I've changed my mind I'm not going to apologise any more. Those terms are in the Holy Qur'an and I am happy to use it against people who do not believe in Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. People who are hurt by it then tough, grow up and be a man.
It looks like there's only 3 people defending Islam on this forum from the crusading Christians. Myself, Beebok and Mahdi the Seeker.

Perhaps you may what to defer "defending Islam" to the other three for a while.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 1:46am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Caringheart you really are an obnoxious person if I were to meet you in real life I think I would punch you in the face!

Abu,

and all of your outspoken beliefs on the faith of others are never to be construed as obnoxious?
How about simple free speech?
You have no problem stating your beliefs, and who has threatened you for them?

CH

Believe it or not I was being light hearted as my dark humour can be misunderstood. I would never hit a person intentionally and the Prophet has forbidden for people to hit others on the face.

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "If somebody fights (or beats somebody) then he should avoid the face."

semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2012 at 9:45am

Believe it or not I was being light hearted as my dark humour can be misunderstood. I would never hit a person intentionally and the Prophet has forbidden for people to hit others on the face.

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "If somebody fights (or beats somebody) then he should avoid the face."

Salam Abu,

You should practice the principle in your writing. You should nice to everyone regarding thir believe, by choosing the nice word.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2012 at 10:05am

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I believe you.  Thank you.  Humor is not always easy to discern on the internet.  We grow in understanding.

Salaam,
CH
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2012 at 8:11pm
As'alaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa barakatuhu
4) How can you say that the God of the Christians and Jews is the God of the Qur'an?
Muhsin Khan

Say (O Muhammad Peace be upon him) to the Jews and Christians, "Dispute you with us about Allah while He is our Lord and your Lord? And we are to be rewarded for our deeds and you for your deeds. And we are sincere to Him in worship and obedience (i.e. we worship Him Alone and none else, and we obey His Orders)." 2:139
So if they dispute with you (Muhammad SAW) say: "I have submitted myself to Allah (in Islam), and (so have) those who follow me." And say to those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) and to those who are illiterates (Arab pagans): "Do you (also) submit yourselves (to Allah in Islam)?" If they do, they are rightly guided; but if they turn away, your duty is only to convey the Message; and Allah is All-Seer of (His ) slaves. 3:20
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic