IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - In Defense Of Radical Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIn Defense Of Radical Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: In Defense Of Radical Islam
    Posted: 08 November 2012 at 4:07pm
This may be one of the most provocative threads ever.

I am an agnostic who is not fond of the Abrahamic faiths although I do see that they have some positive attributes. Islam fell into a very dim view in the US after 911. I really don't have an opinion whether this view is justified. Like many Americans I was very angry about 911 but even then I had a certain admiration for the courage of the bombers even though I thought there cause was wrong.  I think that tactically 911 hurt Muslims.

I suspect that another attack may happen.  In retrospect the problem I have with the 911 attacks is that most of the victims were innocent and enemies of nobody.

What I would like to say is that Americans, Asains, Eurpopeans, Africans and Middle Easterners all have a common enemy and that we are more alike than different. I mention a common enemy. To whom do you think I am referring.

I would ask any radical Muslims to not bring violence to the West or any other part of this planet but if you do pick a target that we all hate.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2012 at 6:58pm
You're not starting well, Non Muslim.  This post has "troll" written all over it.  I predict your number of posts will not make it to double digits.

And on a related note, I may have just changed my opinion about the moderators' policy of screening new member posts before they appear.  I am beginning to see the wisdom of it. Wink
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2012 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

You're not starting well, Non Muslim.  This post has "troll" written all over it.  I predict your number of posts will not make it to double digits.

And on a related note, I may have just changed my opinion about the moderators' policy of screening new member posts before they appear.  I am beginning to see the wisdom of it. Wink

Hi Ron,

I don't follow why you say this.  Why you call him a troll.  I think he is making the point that the common enemy of us all is the forces of evil...  or the one who wants us all to kill one another... the one who wants to destroy creation.  That the only way we defeat the enemy is by not fighting one another.

What am I missing?

Peace,
CH

Edited by Caringheart - 08 November 2012 at 7:59pm
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 2:03am
Originally posted by Non Muslim Non Muslim wrote:

I am an agnostic who is not fond of the Abrahamic faiths although I do see that they have some positive attributes. Islam fell into a very dim view in the US after 911. I really don't have an opinion whether this view is justified. Like many Americans I was very angry about 911 but even then I had a certain admiration for the courage of the bombers even though I thought there cause was wrong.  I think that tactically 911 hurt Muslims.

I suspect that another attack may happen.  In retrospect the problem I have with the 911 attacks is that most of the victims were innocent and enemies of nobody.

What I would like to say is that Americans, Asains, Eurpopeans, Africans and Middle Easterners all have a common enemy and that we are more alike than different. I mention a common enemy. To whom do you think I am referring.

I would ask any radical Muslims to not bring violence to the West or any other part of this planet but if you do pick a target that we all hate.

On the contrary my agnostic friend. After 9/11 there was/is a surge in interest in Islam. Many thousands of people are converting to Islam from all over the planet. They are finding the truth which was not available to them in the past, in that respect the internet has been a blessing.

A believers common enemy is people like you and athiests. They sow doubt in the believers mind and they are promised to receive a painful punishment.

Take the Shahada as soon possible and save your own soul.

Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 4:21am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Hi Ron,

I don't follow why you say this.  Why you call him a troll.  I think he is making the point that the common enemy of us all is the forces of evil...  or the one who wants us all to kill one another... the one who wants to destroy creation.  That the only way we defeat the enemy is by not fighting one another.

What am I missing?

Peace,
CH
Anyone who joins a forum promising "one of the most provocative threads ever" in his/her first post is (literally) asking for trouble IMHO.  Even after more than a thousand posts I am constantly aware that I am a guest here, as are we all.  Guests do not walk in the door with a declaration that they are here to "provoke".

I think I know where Non Muslim is going with this topic, but I won't say any more because I may be wrong.  I hope I'm wrong.  Non Muslim, if I have misunderstood your intentions, then I apologize.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 5:45pm
You have to love Abu Loren's rhetoric.  You are my enemy because you don't believe in the tenets of my faith.  That is the definition of evil in my book and the main ingredient in quite a few ongoing few civil wars.  Hopefully evil is simply Non Muslim's boogie man. 
Non Muslim View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Originally posted by Non Muslim Non Muslim wrote:

On the contrary my agnostic friend. After 9/11 there was/is a surge in interest in Islam. Many thousands of people are converting to Islam from all over the planet. They are finding the truth which was not available to them in the past, in that respect the internet has been a blessing.

A believers common enemy is people like you and athiests. They sow doubt in the believers mind and they are promised to receive a painful punishment.

Take the Shahada as soon possible and save your own soul.

I think that before 911 Americans had a more positive view of Islam. One of the most beloved men in America Muhammad Ali is a Muslim and people really love Karreem Abdul Jabbar.

I have issues with all religions yet I recognize they value in them too. If there is a God then he is hopefully a just and merciful god who judges us on our deed and not how much we massage his ego or believe the teachings of books that are often errant and absurd.

I look at the Middle East situation and if I were the president I would say to Israel, "We have a lot of land in the US and you are welcome to a chunk of it we'd love to have you here. Most of the Arabs don't want you and many would like to kill all of you so take your valuables and leave the rest to the PLO so they will be happy. You Jews would be much better off here in the US because nobody would be firing missile at you and you would not be going off killing Palestinians for no good reason. We want you Jews and they don't"

I am not fan of Judaism but I really admire the Jews and the contributions they made to humanity.  The Persians and the Egyptians likewise had great civilizations.

Muslims have called American the great Satan. I think they have a point but it goes deeper than America. IMO there is an element that goes back to the early 19th century that has controlled world events and oppressed people. That element is greed and power and that greed and power is controlled by a small amount of people with a huge amount of wealth. That power suffered a blow on Tuesday.

The invasion of Iraq was not about ideology or US national security. It was about some very evil and greedy people profiteering from war. This would recession was not an accident.

I have read the Koran, Haddith, Bible and the Book of Mormon and I reject them all. Christians, and Muslims have been making trouble for non Christians and non Muslims for centuries when the tenants of both faiths when spoken from the churches and the pulpits has been just the opposite. I am not sure which religion has committed more carnage in the name of God. If there is a heaven I don't think that any one religion has a lock on heaven.

I can thoroughly discredit Christianity and I have read Muslim sites that did a splendid job of it. I have also seen Islam debunked as well.  Here's the problem with that. It doesn't do anyone any good. To my way of thinking it doesn't matter what religion is write what matters is if a person is right with God.

Regardless of what we believe about God we all have a common enemy here on earth. I get it why those men did 911. I think it was a huge mistake but I admire their courage I just think they hit the wrong targets to further their cause.

Abu Loren, it it is allowed here and you would like to debate the Koran and Haddith and prove me wrong please do so. You could use me as an example of why Islam is the only true religion. This could serve as a way to show Muslims who are on the fence that you are right and I am lost. You also have me at a disadvantage as I have no god on my side and you have the one true god.

If this sort of discussion is allowed let's have it but let's do it in another thread. Personally I really don't care what you or anyone else believes so long as you are honest and don't try to force your beliefs on others. I have no strong spiritual beliefs so I have nothing to force onto other people. I have no burden of proof. Believers have the burden of proof.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by schmikbob schmikbob wrote:

You have to love Abu Loren's rhetoric.  You are my enemy because you don't believe in the tenets of my faith.  That is the definition of evil in my book and the main ingredient in quite a few ongoing few civil wars.  Hopefully evil is simply Non Muslim's boogie man. 

Thank you for loving my rhetoric.

A believers enemy is the non-believer. Agonstics are the worst kind because at least the atheist is brave enough to say that he doesn't believe in a god and he is willing to face the consequences on the Day of Judgement. Agnostics, on the other hand, seek knowledge all of their lives and then die knowing nothing. If a believer in God is your definition of evil then I really feel sorry for you. Civil wars are not caused by believers in God but the opposite. Satan sow the seeds then the non believer follows through.

People who are too proud to bow down to the Creator will be bowing down trying to avoid the mountainous hell fire for eternity.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic