IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CHRISTIANS:ACCORDING TO BIBLE,WHO CREATES EVIL?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CHRISTIANS:ACCORDING TO BIBLE,WHO CREATES EVIL?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CHRISTIANS:ACCORDING TO BIBLE,WHO CREATES EVIL?
    Posted: 06 November 2012 at 4:51am
Isaiah 45:7 King James Version (KJV) 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
Salaam_Erin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salaam_Erin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2012 at 6:24am
We don't mean moral evil here but circumstantial evil.  This is circumstantial evil in the sense of something bad happen to someone, in this case as a result of Divine judgement on them as punishment for their sin.  God is saying that He alone has control over everything.  The operative words in Hebrew are tov and ra.  Another way of translating the passage is, "I form teh light and create darkness, I bring properity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things."
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Salaam_Erin Salaam_Erin wrote:

We don't mean moral evil here but circumstantial evil. This is circumstantial evil in the sense of something bad happen to someone, in this case as a result of Divine judgement on them as punishment for their sin. God is saying that He alone has control over everything. The operative words in Hebrew are tov and ra. Another way of translating the passage is, "I form teh light and create darkness, I bring properity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things."

Fair enough
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Salaam_Erin Salaam_Erin wrote:

We don't mean moral evil here but circumstantial evil.  This is circumstantial evil in the sense of something bad happen to someone, in this case as a result of Divine judgement on them as punishment for their sin.  God is saying that He alone has control over everything.  The operative words in Hebrew are tov and ra.  Another way of translating the passage is, "I form teh light and create darkness, I bring properity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things."

Laughing out very loudly because Christians will always have another 'version' to back up their arguement. Christians will always be in denial.
Empiricist View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Empiricist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2013 at 2:02pm

I have observed the exact same behavior from Muslims.  Can you say anything constructive? 

God allows evil to exist, without which one could not recognize good.  Evil tries to appear good often times truth will emerge.

The root and source of all evil is ...... ignorance.  (Plato... something like that).
I cannot deny this statement. 

How is it that Jews and Christians are considered the worst filth imaginable according to Allah, yet Allah is forgiving and loving?  But Jesus was a prophet from God according to Muslims.  So therefore God created a filthy unclean person?  This does not make any sense to me.  I can only conclude that the Quran is not from God but written by men with political motives, with evil motives from evil influences.   Jesus was not evil and his words per the bible do not reflect evil.  But the Quran is full of questionable sayings of Muhammed.  Yet Muslims are taught that it is OK to kill "nonbelievers" (of what?)  and that anyone questioning the Quran can be killed, even if it is your brother!  Is that love???
nospam001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nospam001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2013 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Empiricist Empiricist wrote:

God allows evil to exist, without which one could not recognize good.
Is that the only reason? If so then surely there are other, less harmful ways He could arrange things to achieve the same result. There are real killings reported in the news and fictional ones on TV and in books, but the fictional ones often elicit a more powerful response from audiences. Why not use that method instead?
God has the right to remain silent. For His advocates, however, each resigned shrug is a missed opportunity to win new converts.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2013 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by nospam001 nospam001 wrote:

Originally posted by Empiricist Empiricist wrote:

God allows evil to exist, without which one could not recognize good.
Is that the only reason? If so then surely there are other, less harmful ways He could arrange things to achieve the same result. There are real killings reported in the news and fictional ones on TV and in books, but the fictional ones often elicit a more powerful response from audiences. Why not use that method instead?

Ying%20Yang  Yin and yang
positive and negative forces
the force of good, the force of evil
it's just the structure of the world
don't ask me why Ermm
What would happen if a magnet had only a positive force?
Can that even happen?

Edited by Caringheart - 23 January 2013 at 2:54pm
nospam001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nospam001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2013 at 5:41pm

Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

the force of good, the force of evil
it's just the structure of the world
don't ask me why
A symmetry so fundamental that even God can't find a way around it, try as He might? So for every bit of 'good' we strive for there must be an equal and opposite amount of 'bad' that pops up somewhere else (past or future).

This theory carries lots of other implications if you stop & think about it.

God has the right to remain silent. For His advocates, however, each resigned shrug is a missed opportunity to win new converts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic