IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Where is the Injil?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where is the Injil?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2013 at 2:45am
Originally posted by Webber Webber wrote:

Quote Wow! So you are a 'different' Christian? I wonder how many differences there are in Christianity? :P

Lol, just a couple.
In the same way Shia and Sunni have the same Quran, Christians all use the same Bible. How they interpret is what makes the differences. Of course Catholic and Protestant are the main differences, but even under the label of one or the other are more differences. Enough to keep some out of Heaven I wouldn't know.

One interesting difference is baptism. There's the sprinkle or total immersion. There's those who have a tank in their church and those that don't. Some prefer going to a river. In each case they have their reasons. Some do symbolic cerimonies, and others believe if you don't do things exactly as they were done centuries ago it won't work.

I'm not up on all the differences between denominations because they just don't matter to me as much as my own studies.

I don't think you'll find many that would believe Muslims will be in Heaven, but I expect to, as well as Jews and those, regardless of their religion who have earnestly sought out God. Not talking idolatry of course.

Yeah, I guess that makes me different.

There is a gigantic misconception id Christianity that one can seek God in any way that they like and they will be saved. This is just not true. God tells us clearly how He wants us to worship Him and how He wants us to live our lives that is pleasing to Him. Christians fundamentally ignore this and thinks that they will be saved anyhow.
Webber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 6:30am
There is a giant misconception that wearing a cross on a chain around ones neck will get you  into heaven, that's not what I meant. Christians are a scattered lot. The vast majority will wonder why they didn't make it.
I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

There is a gigantic misconception id Christianity that one can seek God in any way that they like and they will be saved. This is just not true. God tells us clearly how He wants us to worship Him and how He wants us to live our lives that is pleasing to Him. Christians fundamentally ignore this and thinks that they will be saved anyhow.

There are many who are 'astray', just as there are many who call themselves muslim who are astray... that's why it is only in God's power to judge. Heart

There are many different ways of practising the muslim faith as well.

Edited by Caringheart - 09 January 2013 at 1:43pm
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 10:01pm

There is a giant misconception that wearing a cross on a chain around ones neck will get you  into heaven,
LOL  You said that right.  I get so irritated at those people who you know are not living their lives according to God's laws but wear a cross anyway.

that's not what I meant. Christians are a scattered lot. The vast majority will wonder why they didn't make it.
I couldn't agree more... or they will wake up fast during the tribulation period.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2013 at 1:57am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

There are many who are 'astray', just as there are many who call themselves muslim who are astray... that's why it is only in God's power to judge. Heart

Are you kidding me? Are you for real? There are different ways of practising the Muslims faith?

Those Muslims who are practising the Muslim faith differently are called innovators and deviants. For your information there is only ONE way.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2013 at 12:58pm

There are many different ways of practicing the muslim faith as well.
Are you kidding me? Are you for real? There are different ways of practicing the Muslims faith?

Those Muslims who are practising the Muslim faith differently are called innovators and deviants. For your information there is only ONE way.

Greetings Abu,

How is what you say different from what I say?

There are those muslims who are astray(although I am sure opinions would differ greatly as to which ones are astray and which are not... that is God's domain.  I am sure that each feels they are practicing in the right way.)
but anyway, those differing practices result from those interpretations, correct, and so someone must be astray?  You call them innovators or deviants.  Either way they are those who are known as muslims who are astray... so it's not correct to say that all muslims are 'the best of people's', any more than it is correct to say that all Jews have the wrath of God, or that all Christians are astray.  That was the point I think.  There are Christians and Jews who are astray, but not all of them, any more than all muslims are not astray.
You were addressing differing Christian practices.  I addressed differing muslim practices, by acknowledging that yes, there are those who are astray in their religions, in the ways of God, but there are also those who are not.

I tend to share Webbers view;
"I don't think you'll find many that would believe Muslims will be in Heaven, but I expect to, as well as Jews and those, regardless of their religion who have earnestly sought out God."
I believe in what the Bible says... God knows those who are His.

Salaam,
CH

Edited by Caringheart - 13 January 2013 at 1:14pm
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2013 at 1:10pm

There are many who are 'astray', just as there are many who call themselves muslim who are astray... that's why it is only in God's power to judge. [IMG]smileys/smiley27.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Heart" />

Caringheart,
you are right, there are many ways people practice muslim faith just like many ways people practice any faith. But   we all know the truth. Unless we follow the way of the Quran and Sunnah of the prophet, we can deviate from true Islam. Allah has described such deviations leading one into the Hellfire.   
God's way or no way, simple as that. Otherwise we all will be in haven and not living in a state of trial here!
If we love the world, we will find anything that can comfort that thought, but if we believe we will show our face one day and give account, we will think twice.

Unless we believe and live by His book for our respective time and follow our respective prophet, God warns us of eternal loss. Simple as that, reality will wake us up if we close our eyes from it.
For our times, it's the Quran, and the teacher for our times is Prophet Mohammed (pbuh). They are sent for a purpose so were others before them with the same condition. A true believer do not carve up his/her own conditions with God toward being saved. God decides, not us and He has told us how in the book. So don't distort truth to fit your mind.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 13 January 2013 at 1:49pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2013 at 1:33pm
Greetings Hasan,
You are subject to your Imams and their interpretations and I have heard many different things from many different Imams.  The peaceful ones I like.  The ones who recognize that we no longer live in the times of Muhammad and interpret his scriptures according to the history of his time... those that realize that the scriptures and teaching need to fit with todays society.

Salaam,
CH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic