IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do our personalities radiate energies?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do our personalities radiate energies?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2012 at 6:10am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

As Salamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah

Sis Nausheen,i read this thread very first day you posted and soon a hadith flashed my mind. It was shared by a member here. Would like to share it again

Imaam al-Bukhaari (may Allaah have mercy on him) reported in his Saheeh that �Aa�ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: �I heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) saying: �Souls are like conscripted soldiers; those whom they recognize, they get along with, and those whom they do not recognize, they will not get along with.�� (Saheeh al-Bukhaari, Kitaab Ahaadeeth al-Anbiyaa�, Baab al-Arwaah junood mujannadah).

Sorry i could not login again then, but today i found this thread active :)

What do you say about this hadith ?

Walaiki assalam wa rahmatullah wa barkatuhu,

Jazak Allahu khair for our input.

Im not sure if I can relate to the hadith in my situation. Im really scared of doing that - its also said that in solitude ones companion is ones nafs - which is but instigating to evil, so we should always be looking for good company.
Another Hadith says a good companion is better than solitude, while solitude is better than bad companion.
Since, this person is a good companion - my soul rejecting her is rather an indicator I should reanalyze myself. Don't you think so?

Barak Allahu Feeki

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 6:19am
Just as a reminder, the Prophet's first wife was a successful career woman.

There are plenty of examples in the Quran and the Hadith that give men and women equal rights.

And there are some of examples in the Quran and the Hadith that give men more rights than women, or even demand that women must obey their husbands.

For this reason on the one hand you have Muslim women in Saudi Arabia, parts of Afghanistan, Somalia, Sudan and Nigeria who are controlled by men, denied education, denied equal rights and so forth. On the other hand you have women in Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia, Tunisia who treasure their career and become professors and successful business women. The same applies to most Muslim women in Western countries.

So when I look at the previous posts in this debate, it's basically about these two differing approaches.

My wife is a teacher and we raised two children who are both adults now. It is possible to have a career and raise children.

Edited by Matt Browne - 12 November 2012 at 6:22am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic