IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do our personalities radiate energies?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do our personalities radiate energies?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do our personalities radiate energies?
    Posted: 27 October 2012 at 9:26am
Im posting this in general because its a non-religious type of question, and would like everyone to share their veiws.

If we had a psychology board this might have gone there.

I did not believe until now that we have a certain type of energies which we impart when meeting/interacting with people. Is it true that people, despite their intention give away a certain type of energy, that affect us?

Im asking this because recently I ve met a sister - a very pious muslim sister, who does nothing offensive, is rather kind and genuine whenever we meet - but ive experienced everytime after our meeting  I feel going low spirited (for lack of better term). Either I end up depressed,  or tardiness, lazyness towards my routine work, or a general slowness creeps into me ... not sure what exactly is the problem, but usually one feels happy after socializing - especially when the meeting has gone smoothly - so why do I feel a loss of spirits after meeting this particular person?

Silly question! any takers Question

Edited by Nausheen - 27 October 2012 at 9:29am
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
hakeema View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hakeema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2012 at 1:19pm
As-Salaam Alaikum,

Yes in my opinion.

Maybe it is something off about her. It could be that she is the type of person who is needy, like to put a damper on our folks lives or cause problems.

Hakeema

Edited by hakeema - 27 October 2012 at 1:21pm
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2012 at 6:25pm
Thank you Hakeema. I dont think she likes to or wants to make me feel the way I do.

To me she seems very genuine and sincere in her friendship - still I end up feeling despirited, tired and spent after spending time with her.

I dont have too many muslim friends here, so I was happy to find her, however after these experiences im considering to stay away - not sure if this is a trick of the shaytan to keep me away from spending time with muslims or what.  Quite confused because this had never happened before.

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 7:26am

�A�oodhu bi kalimaat Allaah al-taammaati min sharri maa khalaq (I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allaah from the evil of that which He has created).�

(Narrated by Muslim, al-Dhikr wa�l-Du�aa, 4881) 

It was narrated that Ibn �Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with them both) said: �The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to seek refuge with Allaah for al-Hasan and al-Husayn. He said: �Your father [i.e., Ibraaheem] used to seek refuge with Allaah for Ismaa�eel and Ishaaq with these words: A�oodhu bi kalimaat Allaah al-taammah min kulli shaytaanin wa haammah wa min kulli �aynin laammah (I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allaah, from every devil and every poisonous reptile, and from every bad eye).��(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, Ahaadeeth al-Anbiyaa�, 3120). 

nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 7:38pm
If I am not mistaken there was hadith that prohibit us from discussing religion in the day of Eid and in the wedding ceremony. It is obvious for us now though that it would ruin the happy mood. The problem with many pious muslims is many of them lack the skill to interact with people with different personalities and different situations. On the opposite side what we need in some occasions is not religious advice but few words from people out there who can cheers up even the grumpy people.
I think, maybe, her seriousness in deen effects you.

So - what do you reckon.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 8:02am
Originally posted by nothing nothing wrote:

If I am not mistaken there was hadith that prohibit us from discussing religion in the day of Eid and in the wedding ceremony.

Let me know when you find the hadith.
hakeema View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hakeema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Thank you Hakeema. I dont think she likes to or wants to make me feel the way I do.
To me she seems very genuine and sincere in her friendship - still I end up feeling despirited, tired and spent after spending time with her.
I dont have too many muslim friends here, so I was happy to find her, however after these experiences im considering to stay away - not sure if this is a trick of the shaytan to keep me away from spending time with muslims or what.� Quite confused because this had never happened before.

As-Salaam Alaikum,

Oh OK. But step back and just keep your eyes open.

Hakeema
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 12:58am
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Im posting this in general because its a non-religious type of question, and would like everyone to share their veiws.

If we had a psychology board this might have gone there.

I did not believe until now that we have a certain type of energies which we impart when meeting/interacting with people. Is it true that people, despite their intention give away a certain type of energy, that affect us?

Im asking this because recently I ve met a sister - a very pious muslim sister, who does nothing offensive, is rather kind and genuine whenever we meet - but ive experienced everytime after our meeting  I feel going low spirited (for lack of better term). Either I end up depressed,  or tardiness, lazyness towards my routine work, or a general slowness creeps into me ... not sure what exactly is the problem, but usually one feels happy after socializing - especially when the meeting has gone smoothly - so why do I feel a loss of spirits after meeting this particular person?

Silly question! any takers Question

The answer is YES personalities DO radiate energies. For example, when you meet somebody for the first time, instinctlvely you either like that person or you do not. Sometimes even without the other person uttering a single word.

In this particular situation, however, it looks like the problem is 'within yourself.' If the sister is a - a very pious muslim sister, who does nothing offensive, is rather kind and genuine whenever we meet - then I would say the problem lies with you. Of course, noboby could pinpoint the exact cause but there are many possibilities such as satan's wiswas your realisation that you are not possibly not good enough as the sister's piousness etc.

A very long shot to your problem could be the country in which you are living. When I go back to the UK I find that it is very difficult to practice your deen as there are so many distractions. I am in a country where I can just walk into a masjid whenever I hear the Adhan and pray the obligatory prayers, Alhamdulilah.

You have to find out what makes your iman strong and keep doing that as many times as possible. Sometimes in my case, just listening to a Surah in Arabic on youtube lifts up my spirits :)

If all of the above is not helpful in any way, then seek professional help :P

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) Saying:

Souls are troops collected together and those who familiarised with each other (in the heaven from where these come) would have affinity, with one another (in the world) and those amongst them who opposed each other (in the Heaven) would also be divergent (in the world).

Sahih Muslim
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 32, Hadith 6376
Arabic reference : Book 46, Hadith 6876

Narrated Aishah (ra):
I heard the Prophet (sallallahu%20alaihi%20wa%20sallam), "Souls are like recruited troops: Those who are like qualities are inclined to each other, but those who have dissimilar qualities, differ."
Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 3336
In-book reference : Book 60, Hadith 11
USC-MSA web (English) reference
: Vol. 1, Book 55, Hadith 552

Edited by Abu Loren - 30 October 2012 at 2:26am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic