IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Debating With Christians  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Debating With Christians

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2012 at 12:24pm
*YAWN*
Salaam_Erin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salaam_Erin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 3:13am
Forgive me for finding this thread amusing.  Seems a lot of guys are exasperated with each other. ;o) 

Though I will take up some things.  Abu thinks that Christians have to be told the same points again and again and again and say the same thing and ask the same st**id questions all over again. 

However, what I find is that the difficulty is that you can't even seem to get to grips with what we are saying to you, and make the wrong definitions.  The classic one is when you say God is One and we say 3.  We don't say three, we say One like you do.  The whole 3 issue is to do with what is going on within this One God, and nothing to do with how many gods there are.  And why do you think we don't think Jesus was a mighty Messenger and Messiah? Jesus was indeed a mighty Messenger of the Father.  He is King of Israel= Messiah.  Sounds like people are talking at each other rather than to each other.  ;o)

Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2012 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Salaam_Erin Salaam_Erin wrote:

Forgive me for finding this thread amusing.  Seems a lot of guys are exasperated with each other. ;o) 

Though I will take up some things.  Abu thinks that Christians have to be told the same points again and again and again and say the same thing and ask the same st**id questions all over again. 

However, what I find is that the difficulty is that you can't even seem to get to grips with what we are saying to you, and make the wrong definitions.  The classic one is when you say God is One and we say 3.  We don't say three, we say One like you do.  The whole 3 issue is to do with what is going on within this One God, and nothing to do with how many gods there are.  And why do you think we don't think Jesus was a mighty Messenger and Messiah? Jesus was indeed a mighty Messenger of the Father.  He is King of Israel= Messiah.  Sounds like people are talking at each other rather than to each other.  ;o)

You are forgiven.

It's true that members here keep coming back with the same questions that were answered previously, it's like it wasn't registered in their collective brains. Very frustrating.

I don't make the wrong definitions. I was simply saying that God Alimighty Himself has told us that there is only One God. An intelligent man like you must realise by now that the Trinity doctrine was invented at the infancy of Chritianity. You can believe in an egg (shell, egg & yoke) but a 3 in 1 God doesn't make sense to me I'm afraid. May be I am a simpleton but One God who nobody has seen nor can comprehend makes sense to me than a God who goes by 3 different disguises. I asked earlier, why would God Almighty need 3 different personalities? Is God a schizophrenic?

At least we can agree that Jesus (pbuh) was amighty messenger and the Messiah, so why can't we stop it there? Do we need to take that further and make him a part-deity?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic