IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Debating With Christians  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Debating With Christians

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2012 at 4:16pm
Mahdi The Seeker,

You are confusing dates and people. Jesus Christ did not "destroy" the Temple, he predicted, accurately, that within one generation of His death, the entire Temple would be destroyed until not one stone sits on top of another. The Temple was a huge and rich complex built of gleaming white stone by King Herod (who expanded the Temple Mount by erecting retaining walls made of huge dressed stones, which can be seen at the Western Wall of the Temple Mount, the only remaining pieces of the ancient Temple complex), with courtyards and buildings along with the Temple itself. The very idea that this complex could all be destroyed within 35 years was seen as ludicrous and impossible by the Jews.

But, when the Roman General (and later Emperor) Titus besieged Jerusalem during the First Jewish-Roman War, and conquered it in 70 A.D., he destroyed the Temple completely, using battering rams to destroy some of the walls surrounding the Temple (some of which can be seen today, broken and smashed, at the base of the Temple Mount), in revenge for the revolt of the Jews against Roman authority, just as Jesus Christ had predicted.

Titus's victory over the Jews in this war is recorded on the inner walls of the Arch of Titus in Rome. One of the scenes depicted is the carrying off of the Temple's treasures, especially the Golden Menorah, after the Fall of Jerusalem. Proof that there was a Jewish Temple on the Temple Mount in 70 A.D. The presence of the Jewish Temple was observed and written about by many ancient writers such as Josephus and Tacitus.

This was the Second Temple built on this spot. The First Temple, built by king Solomon in the 10th century B.C., was plundered in the siege of Jerusalem in 598 B.C. by the Babylonian King Nebuchadnezzar. And it was this same king who returned and then completely destroyed this Temple in 587 B.C.

As to the matter of the "Injil." Muslims believe that the Injil was the orignal Gospel of Jesus. But they believe that this Injil was later corrupted by Jews and Christians. The word Injil has been used loosely on many comments and has come to be understood by many posters as simply referring to the New Testament.

Larry

Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

Experiential claimed Jesus came in 70AD and destroyed the temple in Jerusalem. I was speechless. And he keeps referring to the new testament as injil.

Edited by Larry - 02 November 2012 at 5:03pm
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2012 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Caringheart,
what you said it not true.
    >> Again you attack me and accuse me of being a liar.You have asked questions, lots of them.
    >> No, Hasan, I have a boatload of posts that I could share with you that were never allowed to post.You have put Islam down intentionally.
    >> No, I do not.� I express my perception just as you express your perception of other religion.� The difference is that you are not censored.Your questions about Islam has been answered.
    >> No they have not because they have not been allowed.� Nausheen was a great help with one of my questions when she interceded with the moderators for me.You were unable to clarify and proof what you say you believe.
�� >> You are unable to clarify and proof what you say you believe.
You regular private messages don't have anything you claim you could not post or were not allowed to post making that claim suspicious and untrue.
    >> Now that is a lie.Truth stands out clear from Falsehood. Anyone familiar with your posts that are a proof on this forum will agree to what I wrote above.
    >> Only those who are deceived.
One can hardly seek truth when truth is not allowed to be explored from all sides.

Like I have said, there seems to be no truth in that that yuo are not allowed to answer. You have e-mailed me so many private messages none have anything different than what your posts contain, no real answers same old stuff making no sense at all and you think you have something so important to tell us but you never could say what it was?
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2012 at 3:22pm
"The Truth will set you free."
Larry View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2012 at 6:51pm
Caringheart,

If you want your questions ACTUALLY answered by someone, Hasan isn't the most satisfactory person to contact. He frequently refuses to answer difficult questions and simply accuses the person making them as trying to "trick' him into answering. But if you don't answer HIS questions, then you are "running away from the truth" so to speak! LOL!

Larry
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Larry Larry wrote:

Caringheart,

If you want your questions ACTUALLY answered by someone, Hasan isn't the most satisfactory person to contact. He frequently refuses to answer difficult questions and simply accuses the person making them as trying to "trick' him into answering. But if you don't answer HIS questions, then you are "running away from the truth" so to speak! LOL!

Larry

Hi Larry,
I don't ask questions of Hasan.  I only private message replies to him because they so often do not post on the forum, or get pushed back by so many days that they are never seen
... and I only send those when I feel they are important.
Hasan and I used to do ok.  I don't know what happened.
CH
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Larry Larry wrote:

Caringheart,

Larry

Exactly the reason we don't debate with teenage mentality, adolescent immature people like you. Grow up first and come back.
Ghazzali View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghazzali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 5:34am
Aassalamualaikum Abu Loren. Well, it's a problem which many christians are themselves aware of.

http://carm.org/mistakes-christians-make-when-dialoguing-atheists

Take note of mistakes no.4 and no.5.
The world is a dangerous place to live in, not because of the bad people, but because of the good people who does not do anything about it.
Larry View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 10:04am
"We" don't debate? Got a frog in your pocket? Mind your own business, "Abu," and let Hasan speak for himself if he has a problem with me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic