IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Debating With Christians
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


Debating With Christians

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 29 June 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 1646
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Debating With Christians
    Posted: 27 October 2012 at 3:17am
As'alaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu
 
I've just learned a very hard lesson and I admit defeat infront of everybody here in this forum.
 
When debating with the Christians members here, you give them the truthful answers point by point, then they twist it and turn it around and come back with the same arguement over and over and over again. Then one can only give them the SAME truthful answer and it just goes around in circles. I know deeply that the reason is because they do not have guidance from Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and they do not SEE with their own eyes. They always bring the SAME aruguement which has been dealt with only a couple of pages earlier. Then throw in the mix, the atheists and the agnostics who try to convince you that there is no God because there is no proof. They then try to mislead you and try to divert you away from the 'siratal mustaqeem'. This is a great sin, if only they realise this, they will receive a double punishment. :(
 
The great comfort in all of this is that Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala has promised his believers that the TRUTH shall prevail. As long as we stay strong in faith and do the best we can to reach Jannah by following the five pillars of Islam that we are given then at least we have the minutest of chance to reaching it, Insha'Allah.
 
So a message to all  my brothers and sisters in faith to stay strong and do not let satan and his accomplices stray you from the Straight Path.
 
As'alaamu Alaikkum


Edited by Abu Loren - 27 October 2012 at 3:19am
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member


Joined: 02 March 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 3031
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

As'alaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu
 
I've just learned a very hard lesson and I admit defeat infront of everybody here in this forum.
 
When debating with the Christians members here, you give them the truthful answers point by point, then they twist it and turn it around and come back with the same arguement over and over and over again. Then one can only give them the SAME truthful answer and it just goes around in circles. I know deeply that the reason is because they do not have guidance from Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and they do not SEE with their own eyes. They always bring the SAME aruguement which has been dealt with only a couple of pages earlier. Then throw in the mix, the atheists and the agnostics who try to convince you that there is no God because there is no proof. They then try to mislead you and try to divert you away from the 'siratal mustaqeem'. This is a great sin, if only they realise this, they will receive a double punishment. :(
 
The great comfort in all of this is that Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala has promised his believers that the TRUTH shall prevail. As long as we stay strong in faith and do the best we can to reach Jannah by following the five pillars of Islam that we are given then at least we have the minutest of chance to reaching it, Insha'Allah.
 
So a message to all  my brothers and sisters in faith to stay strong and do not let satan and his accomplices stray you from the Straight Path.
 
As'alaamu Alaikkum


Greetings Abu Loren, (and all others)

May I offer this.
You can hardly 'straighten out my belief', as you might put it, if you do not know what I believe, if I am not allowed to state my beliefs, which I am not on this forum.  Time and again my questions are thwarted.  Time and again when I express my perception of things it is not allowed, my posts disappear.  If my perception is not correct who is going to tell me when they are not even allowed to know what my perception is?
You can hardly convince me of Islam, when I am not allowed to ask the hard questions of Islam.  Every religion goes through scrutiny and must be able to pass muster to be accepted.

I came to the forum because it is called Islamicity. 
I came to ask about Islam... not other religion.
I came to see what the people of Islam believe.

Since I can not ask, since I can not say anything openly, I can hardly be convinced of anything.
I will not be convinced of Islam through attacks on the belief of others when asked about yours.  I require answers about yours.

Salaam,
Caringheart
Back to Top
honeto View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 20 March 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 2487
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:


Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:




As'alaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu
I've just learned a very hard lesson and I admit defeat infront of everybody here in this forum.
When debating with the Christians members here, you give them the truthful answers point by point, then they twist it and turn it around and come back with the same arguement over and over and over again. Then one can only give them the SAME truthful answer and it just goes around in circles. I know deeply that the reason is because they do not have guidance from Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and they do not SEE with their own eyes. They always bring the SAME aruguement which has been dealt with only a couple of pages earlier. Then throw in the mix, the atheists and the agnostics who try to convince you that there is no God because there is no proof. They then try to mislead you and try to divert you away from the 'siratal mustaqeem'. This is a great sin, if only they realise this, they will receive a double punishment. :(
The great comfort in all of this is that Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala has promised his believers that the TRUTH shall prevail. As long as we stay strong in faith and do the best we can to reach Jannah by following the five pillars of Islam that we are given then at least we have the minutest of chance to reaching it, Insha'Allah.
So a message to all my brothers and sisters in faith to stay strong and do not let satan and his accomplices stray you from the Straight Path.
As'alaamu Alaikkum

Greetings Abu Loren, (and all others)May I offer this.You can hardly 'straighten out my belief', as you might put it, if you do not know what I believe, if I am not allowed to state my beliefs, which I am not on this forum. Time and again my questions are thwarted. Time and again when I express my perception of things it is not allowed, my posts disappear. If my perception is not correct who is going to tell me when they are not even allowed to know what my perception is?You can hardly convince me of Islam, when I am not allowed to ask the hard questions of Islam. Every religion goes through scrutiny and must be able to pass muster to be accepted.I came to the forum because it is called Islamicity. I came to ask about Islam... not other religion.I came to see what the people of Islam believe.Since I can not ask, since I can not say anything openly, I can hardly be convinced of anything.I will not be convinced of Islam through attacks on the belief of others when asked about yours. I require answers about yours. Salaam,Caringheart


Caringheart,
what you said it not true.
You have asked questions, lots of them.
You have put Islam down intentionally.
You have shown your position on your belief shifting.
Your questions about Islam has been answered.
You were unable to clarify and proof what you say you believe.
You regular private messages don't have anything you claim you could not post or were not allowed to post making that claim suspicious and untrue.
If you have any truth in your claim or your belief it will not need any such excuses.
Truth stands out clear from Falsehood. Anyone familiar with your posts that are a proof on this forum will agree to what I wrote above.
Hasan

39:64 Proclaim: Is it some one other than God that you order me to worship, O you ignorant ones?"
Back to Top
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member


Joined: 02 March 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 3031
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:


Caringheart,
what you said it not true.
    >> Again you attack me and accuse me of being a liar.

You have asked questions, lots of them.
    >> No, Hasan, I have a boatload of posts that I could share with you that were never allowed to post.

You have put Islam down intentionally.
    >> No, I do not.  I express my perception just as you express your perception of other religion.  The difference is that you are not censored.

Your questions about Islam has been answered.
    >> No they have not because they have not been allowed.  Nausheen was a great help with one of my questions when she interceded with the moderators for me.

You were unable to clarify and proof what you say you believe.
   >> You are unable to clarify and proof what you say you believe.

You regular private messages don't have anything you claim you could not post or were not allowed to post making that claim suspicious and untrue.
    >> Now that is a lie.

Truth stands out clear from Falsehood. Anyone familiar with your posts that are a proof on this forum will agree to what I wrote above.
    >> Only those who are deceived.



One can hardly seek truth when truth is not allowed to be explored from all sides.


Edited by Caringheart - 29 October 2012 at 8:40pm
Back to Top
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 28 July 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 260
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2012 at 2:23pm
Experiential claimed Jesus came in 70AD and destroyed the temple in Jerusalem. I was speechless. And he keeps referring to the new testament as injil.
Back to Top
Experiential View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group


Joined: 23 November 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 311
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 3:29am
Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

Experiential claimed Jesus came in 70AD and destroyed the temple in Jerusalem. I was speechless. And he keeps referring to the new testament as injil.
Hi Mahdi
The Romans came in 70AD and destroyed the temple. Jesus prophesied it would happen. And its Muslims that refer to the New Testament as the Injil. I just tag along.

Edited by Experiential - 01 November 2012 at 3:30am
Back to Top
Larry View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 April 2010
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 632
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:




As'alaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu
I've just learned a very hard lesson and I admit defeat infront of everybody here in this forum.
When debating with the Christians members here, you give them the truthful answers point by point, then they twist it and turn it around and come back with the same arguement over and over and over again. Then one can only give them the SAME truthful answer and it just goes around in circles. I know deeply that the reason is because they do not have guidance from Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and they do not SEE with their own eyes. They always bring the SAME aruguement which has been dealt with only a couple of pages earlier. Then throw in the mix, the atheists and the agnostics who try to convince you that there is no God because there is no proof. They then try to mislead you and try to divert you away from the 'siratal mustaqeem'. This is a great sin, if only they realise this, they will receive a double punishment. :(
The great comfort in all of this is that Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala has promised his believers that the TRUTH shall prevail. As long as we stay strong in faith and do the best we can to reach Jannah by following the five pillars of Islam that we are given then at least we have the minutest of chance to reaching it, Insha'Allah.
So a message to all my brothers and sisters in faith to stay strong and do not let satan and his accomplices stray you from the Straight Path.
As'alaamu Alaikkum



Everyone has a right to his opinions. But don't make the mistake of equating "opinion" with "truth." Pontius Pilate asked Jesus: "We both have truths, aren't mine the same as yours?"

Edited by Larry - 01 November 2012 at 10:42pm
Back to Top
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 29 June 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 1646
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2012 at 2:58am
Originally posted by Larry Larry wrote:

Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:




As'alaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu
 
I've just learned a very hard lesson and I admit defeat infront of everybody here in this forum.
 
When debating with the Christians members here, you give them the truthful answers point by point, then they twist it and turn it around and come back with the same arguement over and over and over again. Then one can only give them the SAME truthful answer and it just goes around in circles. I know deeply that the reason is because they do not have guidance from Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and they do not SEE with their own eyes. They always bring the SAME aruguement which has been dealt with only a couple of pages earlier. Then throw in the mix, the atheists and the agnostics who try to convince you that there is no God because there is no proof. They then try to mislead you and try to divert you away from the 'siratal mustaqeem'. This is a great sin, if only they realise this, they will receive a double punishment. :(
 
The great comfort in all of this is that Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala has promised his believers that the TRUTH shall prevail. As long as we stay strong in faith and do the best we can to reach Jannah by following the five pillars of Islam that we are given then at least we have the minutest of chance to reaching it, Insha'Allah.
 
So a message to all  my brothers and sisters in faith to stay strong and do not let satan and his accomplices stray you from the Straight Path.
 
As'alaamu Alaikkum



Everyone has a right to his opinions. But don't make the mistake of equating "opinion" with "truth." Pontius Pilate asked Jesus: "We both have truths, aren't mine the same as yours?"
 
..............................................
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.