IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Christians & Jews: Will any more prophets come?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Christians & Jews: Will any more prophets come?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghazzali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christians & Jews: Will any more prophets come?
    Posted: 24 October 2012 at 4:34pm
May peace be on the guided ones. I am not very familiar with the Torah or Bible, so I had this curiosity for a long time. Who do Jews and Christians consider as the last prophet? And according to the scriptures, will Allah send any more prophets before the Day of Judgment?

Thanks.
The world is a dangerous place to live in, not because of the bad people, but because of the good people who does not do anything about it.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Ghazzali Ghazzali wrote:

May peace be on the guided ones. I am not very familiar with the Torah or Bible, so I had this curiosity for a long time. Who do Jews and Christians consider as the last prophet? And according to the scriptures, will Allah send any more prophets before the Day of Judgment?

Thanks.

That is a good question.
It has been my understanding that prophets were sent to the Jews and that era ended since the Jews continued to break the covenant with God.  So I guess that would make Malachi the last prophet.
Then God sent Jesus, the new covenant that would graft in the gentiles, to include them as well as the Jews, in belonging to God.

Now, in the past I have asked a man training for the Catholic priesthood about Nostradamus and what the Catholic church says about him.

I also have to wonder what to make about the writer of the book of Revelation... who, it is supposed, is John, the beloved Apostle.
Is the book of Revelation prophetic?  I will have to ask my priest friend about that one as well.  Smile
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Ghazzali Ghazzali wrote:

Thanks.

As'alaamu Alaikkum

According to the Christians Isa (pbuh) fulfilled all the obligations and there won't be a Prophet after him.

The Jews, on the other hand, are still waiting for the Messiah.

Salaam
Cyril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2012 at 6:25am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

According to the Christians Isa (pbuh) fulfilled all the obligations and there won't be a Prophet after him.

Isa is the great prophet mentioned in the Quran. As a Muslim, you are right to put pbhu after his name.

But for Christians, there is no one called Isa in the Bible. Your message is about Jesus of the Bible, called Yasuu3 by Arab Christians.

You should not put pbhu after his name, because you do not acknowledge the half human, half godly Jesus of the Christian Bible, the one you are refering to.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 12:32am
Originally posted by Cyril Cyril wrote:

Isa is the great prophet mentioned in the Quran. As a Muslim, you are right to put pbhu after his name.

But for Christians, there is no one called Isa in the Bible. Your message is about Jesus of the Bible, called Yasuu3 by Arab Christians.

You should not put pbhu after his name, because you do not acknowledge the half human, half godly Jesus of the Christian Bible, the one you are refering to.

Say what Cyril? How many Jesus' Isa's Yasuu3 are there? Only one. However you call him he is the Messiah that was promised to Bani Israel and whom they rejected. He will come again to defeat the Anti-Christ, the Dajjal and to rule the Earth with justice. Are we on the same page?
Cyril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 4:19am

Originally posted by Cyril Cyril wrote:

Say what Cyril? How many Jesus' Isa's Yasuu3 are there? Only one.

No, there are two: Jesus from the New Testament, considered as a godly being, and the one from the Quran, a human prophet.
For reasons nobody knows exactly about, its name has been changed to Isa in the Quran.

Even if Jesus of the NT and Isa of the Quran refer to the same historical character, a Jewish master from Palestine, you cannot put pbuh to Jesus of the NT. That would be a kind of honor you give to the very symbol of shirk which the Quran utterly rejects.

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 12:55pm
Cyril,
what do you mean by "godly being"?
and do you understand what pbuh means?
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Cyril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 6:24am
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Cyril,
what do you mean by "godly being"?

Sorry I meant "godlike being".

Quote and do you understand what pbuh means?
Hasan

Yes, of course I do. It means "peace be upon him", from Arabic "as-salaamu 3alayh" or more frequent "3alayhi s-salaam"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic