IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Utensils used  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Utensils used

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yati_my Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Utensils used
    Posted: 23 October 2012 at 9:33pm

Assalamualaikum...

I need to have some clarification on this matter. I have been a good friend to a sister whe was a non muslim and recently reverted to Islam Alhamdulillah. When she was a non-muslim, she cooked and ate non-halal food. Now when she cooked she always offered me food and I have no problem with that until one day another friend said I cannot eat food she cook before of the utensils and pans she uses.

1. can I eat her cookings ?
2. does she has to throw all her pans and utensils and buy new ones ?

please assist me.

Wassalam

semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 12:17am
Assalamu alaikum wr. wb.

1. Definitely  you can eat her food. There is no valid reason y can not eat her food.
2.Islam is easy, so don't make it difficult. There is no basis that you have to do that. So she doesn't need to throw away that utensil, washing the utensil thouroughly is enough ((just in case there is residu of pork fat etc, asuming the your sister cook pork before she converted). Moreover there a teaching of Islam that we have pay attention, "waste", islam dosn't like we waste "things", of course including utensil.

Edited by semar - 24 October 2012 at 12:18am
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
yati_my View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yati_my Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 2:56am
Thank you Semar for your explanation.
I was ok with it until people asked me and that makes me in doubt. Which once I have doubt, I cant eat food that she prepared.

The sad thing is when she offered food to other sisters, they will ask her, what utensils she uses. This really makes her sad and she has this thought of why Islam treats newly converted like this ?

Now I have been clarified, alhamdulillah thank you very much.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic