IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Watch This, Pretty Please?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Watch This, Pretty Please?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Idil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 3:22pm
Are these links for non-muslims or for muslims as well? If the audience target include muslims as well, I would highly recommend them to learn their religion first rather than focusing on other religions. We should take examples from our pious predecessors, and in their example we do not find them focusing on other religions, rather they were more concerned of learning their Lord and how they can purify themselves. Nowadays , however, we see Muslims putting too much emphasis on subjects that they should not even engage in. 
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Idil Idil wrote:

Are these links for non-muslims or for muslims as well? If the audience target include muslims as well, I would highly recommend them to learn their religion first rather than focusing on other religions. We should take examples from our pious predecessors, and in their example we do not find them focusing on other religions, rather they were more concerned of learning their Lord and how they can purify themselves. Nowadays , however, we see Muslims putting too much emphasis on subjects that they should not even engage in. 

As'alaamu Alaikkum sis

You are absolutely right, however I've just got carried away because I pointed these facts to these Christians and I think they didn't believe me. These people were trying to discredit the Prophet (pbuh) and Islam and of course we should leave everything in the capable hands of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

But we Muslims do need to know that the religion of Chrisitianity is a false one, they try to argue and debate with us from a 'high horse' kind of viewpoint and sometimes we need to bring them down a notch or two.

I've learned long time ago it's pointless debating with them because ultimately the debate just goes round and round in circles because of their stubborn stance.

Salaam
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2012 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Just curious: what do you think would be the Muslim reaction to a film that explored the pagan roots of Islam, and claimed that Muhammad did not exist?

It would certainly not be allowed to post on the forum.

I wonder how many people even understand the meaning of the word pagan.
Paganism (from Latin paganus, meaning "country dweller", "rustic")

These rustic cultural practices are found in all religions because they are part of the culture of people.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2012 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

You have to watch the whole video carefully. What they are saying is that the English speaking world changed the name of Isa to JESUS and also substituted the letter Y to the letter J. They are just saying that the name JESUS doesn't exist anywhere except in English.

I think it's also intersting that these people mistakingly believe that the answer lies in Judaism. If only they've read the Holy Qur'an they would be converted instantly.

Abu Loren,

Do you know that the letter y in spanish is the same as the letter i in english.  This is nothing unusual for a letter in one language to be a different letter in another language.

I am reading the qur'an... no instant conversion.

Salaam
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2012 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

As'alaamu Alaikkum sis

You are absolutely right, however I've just got carried away because I pointed these facts to these Christians and I think they didn't believe me. These people were trying to discredit the Prophet (pbuh) and Islam and of course we should leave everything in the capable hands of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

But we Muslims do need to know that the religion of Chrisitianity is a false one, they try to argue and debate with us from a 'high horse' kind of viewpoint and sometimes we need to bring them down a notch or two.

I've learned long time ago it's pointless debating with them because ultimately the debate just goes round and round in circles because of their stubborn stance.

Salaam

I think it is funny when the things that people say of others can so easily be applied to themselves... yet they do not see it.

and there is difference between stubborn stance and conviction of belief.  My belief of you Abu, is simply conviction of belief.   Although I could put a different label on it, I do not, because I believe in belief... in conviction of the heart of each individual is his own.

'to each his own belief.'

You do not really need to know anything about Christianity only about your own religion... but your own religion does require you to acquire a negative belief about others doesn't it?  Disbelief is one of the founding blocks of your religion.  Whereas Christianity does not require anything other than belief in Jesus and following the ways of God taught in the Torah and through Jesus.
Christianity would not need to know anything about Islam either, if Islam did not have to exist on discrediting others, but rather could look at the good of others.  That is what the God I know would want.  "let the one without sin be the first to cast a stone."  Jesus knew that none could cast a stone because there are none without sin.  It is not His Father who would set up such opposition.  It is my belief that God wants to draw people to Him.
I look for the good, and Godly ways, in people of all faiths.  'Keeping that which is good' and
'not throwing out the baby with the bath water', which is another expression.
There is good and bad in people of all faiths and all cultures.

Salaam.  Let us find peace with one another. Heart

Edited by Caringheart - 26 October 2012 at 5:56pm
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 5:37am
A religion that is not tolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion. A religion that puts a significant amount of energy into belittling other religions can't be the world's best religion. A religion that excludes doubts and punishes self-criticism can't be the world's best religion. A religion with a theology that doesn't want to evolve can't be the world's best religion. A religion that by definition is perfect and superior cannot be perfect and superior.

Edited by Matt Browne - 01 November 2012 at 5:40am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 5:25pm
And I would add: a religion that needs to threaten its believers with dire consequences for doubt or apostacy, or violently assault its opponents for openly questioning its dogma, cannot be the most rational religion.  To me, such threats are an implicit admission that the religion cannot be justified on its own merits and cannot withstand rational criticism.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2012 at 7:49am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

And I would add: a religion that needs to threaten its believers with dire consequences for doubt or apostacy, or violently assault its opponents for openly questioning its dogma, cannot be the most rational religion.  To me, such threats are an implicit admission that the religion cannot be justified on its own merits and cannot withstand rational criticism.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic