IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Light upon Light  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Light upon Light

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Light upon Light
    Posted: 14 October 2012 at 5:32pm
Most of the time the readers will find this verse as spiritual passage, and rightly very enlightening one too. I love so much this very verse from the moment I saw it and right away I memorized it. It is easier to contemplate on it without physical Qur'an, especially while away from home. Scientifically it is the Fuel that has the ability to produce Light that can be used by the world population, put simply eternally. But as always, the spiritual part is more interest for the spiritually minded people. So which is of the interest for you, than you pick.

"Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The Parable of His Light is as if there were a Niche and within it a Lamp: the Lamp enclosed in Glass: the glass as it were a brilliant star: Lit from a blessed Tree, an Olive, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil is well-nigh luminous, though fire scarce touched it: Light upon Light! Allah doth guide whom He will to His Light: Allah doth set forth Parables for men: and Allah doth know all things." (24:35)

There are tafsirs and commentaries available for this one verse, it is a famous one I can assure you. Al Ghazzali even right a book called Mishkat al Anwar (Niche of Light), small book which can be read in an hour. But it was a spiritual tafsir. The translator who translated his book wrote the introduction the same size of the Mishkat itself. And in it he said that Al Ghazzali seems lost his faith along the interpreting process. I did not see it back then what actually he meant even after I re read it for the 2nd time. But now-today I can see it why, though I don't believe Al Ghazzali lost faith, it may look that way.
Anyway, can you see which maybe the cause?

Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 8:20am
If current cosmological theories are correct, light is indeed eternal. Even when the last star turns dark in the very distant future, the photons that once originated from it will continue to populate the ever expanding universe.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic