IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets Muhammad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - WERE MUHAMMAD RASULULLAH TO BE ALIVE TODAY!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WERE MUHAMMAD RASULULLAH TO BE ALIVE TODAY!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WERE MUHAMMAD RASULULLAH TO BE ALIVE TODAY!
    Posted: 06 October 2012 at 2:31pm
Assalamu alaikum.

I have not come across the commentary giving the reason behind the revelation of the Qur'an 43:88; 'Allah has the knowledge of Muhammad saying: "O my Lord! Verily, these are a people who believe not!" Certainly one can figure the holy Apostle in severe distress or in bewilderment on account of the insolence of the Quraysh towards his call to salvation and prosperity. According to some commentators this verse was revealed around 5th year of the beginning of revelation. This was the period of strong opposition and wickedness. Some commentators referred this to Jesus son of Maryam. The commentary of Maududi is worth reflecting. He said, the oath by Muhammad implies this: Muhammad has rightly said so: indeed these people would not believe. If this was in the 5th year, we know that the Makkans believed in Muhammad and all of them joined him during the farewell pilgrimage. They died therefore as believers. The question is: Is this oath not referring to the present followers of Muhammad Rasulullah? Are they actually believers in the scale of those Makkans who believed in him at the conquest of Makka and joined him in his farewell pilgrimage?
In the Qur'an 25:30 Allah reported him saying again, "O my Lord! Verily my people have  deserted this Qur'an (neither listened to it nor acted on its laws and teachings). According to some commentators this verse was revealed between 1oth -13th year of revelation. This was the period of distress and loneliness experienced by the holy Apostle.
Today, we are witnessing similar episode but with an additional dimension to the rejection of the message. It is nothing but lip service and doing what one is not supposed to do. This is the total rejection of his way of life - his sunna.  It is indeed what was echoed by Abdullah ibn Ubayy ibn Salul in the Qur'an 63:7-8, "Spend not in those who are with Allah's Messenger until they desert him......If we return to Al-Madina the more honorable will expel therefrom the meaner.."
In any case we are certainly witnessing disobedience to Muhammad Rasulullah. I wonder who will be rewarded among the millions attending the pilgrimage!

Friendship.   

Edited by Friendship - 06 October 2012 at 2:32pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic