IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hello everyone  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello everyone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello everyone
    Posted: 13 October 2012 at 1:28pm
Assalamu alaika nospam001.

If your desire and sincere intention is to learn and be rightly guided, it is accepted. But understand that, translations of Qur'an do not lead you to understanding the purpose of sending Muhammad as the Imam of the Messengers and seal of the prophets.  For example the Makkan verses are ideally supposed to be taught in the universities because they describe the natural sciences and physical world. You are suppose to know them and reflect on them. There are about 5600 such verses. Their understanding is dependent upon our research and need. The remaining 600 verses are those revealed in Madina and are reflecting on the life history of Muhammad - the savior and messiah of mankind. You should listen to those who understood them and comply for your own security protection and development in this world.
Therefore asking questions on the physical world are allowed. But on the our security etc, they should be asked only when a situation arises. For example the question of unemployment recession with the throes of depression are all answered in the life history of Muhammad Rasulullah.

Friendship.

Edited by Friendship - 13 October 2012 at 1:29pm
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 3:04pm
I agree absolutely, on the flip side though come to mind some people who do come with ill intentions.
Nospam001, you can certainly post them, try "Questions from New Muslim"area of the forum.
Welcome and please feel at home.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 8:17am
Originally posted by nospam001 nospam001 wrote:

My teenage daughters self-identify as Muslims but are now starting to ask questions that I cannot answer confidently.

One's religion is not an iPhone app but still it's important (I think) to read and understand the licence agreement first, before we click 'Install Now'.

My problem is that the Qur'an is written in an unfamiliar style and the English translations I've seen contain parts that seem confusing to the uninitiated. To get me over the line I need help from those who've already found answers.

Merely to ask these questions may seem blasphemous to some, but I'm not seeking to offend anyone. Have I come to the right place?

If not, then could someone please recommend a more appropriate online forum where such things can be discussed calmly and without malice?

Thanks in advance...

I for one do not get easily offended and I believe that it is one's prerogative to ask ANY question that they feel is necessary, however, there are so many people who are zealous, especially Muslims, who get irritated quiet quickly and for the smallest of reasons. I request the moderators to let atheists, agnostics and anti-islamnists to ask whatever question they want to ask because I believe that there is an answer for everybody in the Holy Qur'an. Truth will always defeat falsehood.
nospam001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nospam001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2012 at 4:15pm
My teenage daughters self-identify as Muslims but are now starting to ask questions that I cannot answer confidently.

One's religion is not an iPhone app but still it's important (I think) to read and understand the licence agreement first, before we click 'Install Now'.

My problem is that the Qur'an is written in an unfamiliar style and the English translations I've seen contain parts that seem confusing to the uninitiated. To get me over the line I need help from those who've already found answers.

Merely to ask these questions may seem blasphemous to some, but I'm not seeking to offend anyone. Have I come to the right place?

If not, then could someone please recommend a more appropriate online forum where such things can be discussed calmly and without malice?

Thanks in advance...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic