IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Female question  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Female question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nisha12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Female question
    Posted: 02 October 2012 at 6:46am
Hi might be a silly question but just wanted to know for sure, if a women is on her period is she able to touch a taweez or enter an Islamic environment etc what is permissible and what isn't?
Thank you
Idil View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Idil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 3:53pm
Asalamu Calykum sis,

You have raised a good question, one which many people differ on. From what I have discovered so far, you can enter an Islamic environment if you were/are gaining knowledge from that center, this even applies to Masjids as far I am aware of. However, for environments which`s sole purpose is for prayer it is best to avoid it sis, unless it is on Eid days. For some reason sis, this is a grey area, but I am intending to do more research on it. Hope this helps, and if I got something wrong may ALLAH forgive me.

Edited by Idil - 24 October 2012 at 3:54pm
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 6:18am
Originally posted by Nisha12 Nisha12 wrote:

Hi might be a silly question but just wanted to know for sure, if a women is on her period is she able to touch a taweez or enter an Islamic environment etc what is permissible and what isn't?
Thank you

If the ''Taweez'' contains Qur'anic verses then one should not touch Qur�nic Verse in a state of impurity (goes for both men and women).

On a seperate note, I don't think that there is a place for 'Taweez' in Islam. One should have trust in Allah for all things and outcomes and not use devices and methods that were not sanctioned by Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w). Do you have any evidence that Taweez should be/can be used?

Men & Women in a state of impurity (for eg menses) cannot enter the Masjid's praying area (musallah), but they can be in areas where prayers are not performed. What do you mean by 'Islamic enviornments'? If you mean like in an Islamic institute or at a Halaqa, you can go and study Islam in whatever state as long as you don't touch or recite Qur'an.

And Allah Knows Best

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2012 at 8:27am
If the taweez is covered, like in a case or wax/cloth around it, you can wear it and touch it, there is no problem.

You can also enter places which are used for multipurposes. However a place dedicated only for salat is forbidden for a menstruating woman.

Further, you can do your daily dhikr and anything else that you normally do, just not recite the Quran audibly - scholars say one can read the quran with eyes alone, ie not pronouncing the words - in this case be careful you do not touch the book. Best way of doing it would be to read through an online mushaf.

hope this answers your concerns.
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic